Sotyktu floundering

Why do companies insist on evening having district managers anymore? They don’t sell. Most have never been professionally trained to teach selling skills and tactics. They’re a drain on the budget with salary, benefits, bonus, travel expenses etc.

Karen, for the love of Christ, we are on page 82 of this thread, can you please specify why leadership from Novartis is too blame and not the drug itself...i repeat we are on page 82 and still no details.. just more blanket Karen statements...

A strong manager would figure out a work around and coach his or her people. My former manager would create spread sheets showing providers that may have hidden potential. It was helpful. We don’t have that here.

If leadership doesn’t matter then why are they here?

For the 1000x time, our strategy was bad. That's on leadership.

Our strategy was to bad mouth Otezla. Docs love Otezla. They know what it is. They don't care that it doesn't work that well. They love the safety and wedge between topicals and needles. Yet we bad mouthed it pre launch and continue today.

I just had a speaker program last week. The speaker did her job, but I took a tally count and she said Otezla more times than she did Sotyktu.

We fouled this up.

Now we can blame the market, Covid, mean Amgen, Skyrizi, PBMs, Specialty Pharmacies - anyone we want to deflect blame, but when we lay our heads down at night, deep down, we know we screwed the pooch with this one.

Too bad. It's over now. We lost 24 month. By the time we get rolling, there will be more significant orals around that Otezla.

BTW, those guys are miserable as well. I talk to them regularly and evidently they have some micro managing she devil in charge who doesn't care about anything except faking all the measurement and she is beating the shit out of them. Telling them they don't know how to do anything right and only she can save them.

The least of our worries are those arrogant bastards. Our issues are 90% internal and 10% the market, or at least what's coming.

What is her name? Because I might know who you are talking about? If it’s who I think it is… good luck. She is a hellish nightmare.

A strong manager would figure out a work around and coach his or her people. My former manager would create spread sheets showing providers that may have hidden potential. It was helpful. We don’t have that here.

If leadership doesn’t matter then why are they here?
Your former manager or all of the managers? Most field managers have limited data extrapolation skills. That’s why we have analytics teams. Why can’t you do the spreadsheet for your territory or help your colleagues with theirs’? Territory analysis is also your responsibility, not just your manager’s.

If sales reps can’t manage their territories and sell, then why are they here?

Industry needs to do what Bayer did, we don’t need district managers. Most can’t sell or even know the disease state as well as the reps, no offices in oncology want nor allow a manager to tag along it’s awkward! This is not primary care sales 20 years ago ( or is it) they are admin paper pushers and cheerleaders. I don’t see the value anymore.

Management has been called out plenty of times on this thread by name. How many more times does that have to happen. Some managers from those that were named continue to be applauded and given new roles. It’s a joke as is BMS. For a good laugh go read the what does BMS stand for thread. It’s my second favorite thread behind this one. Can’t wait for the former Novartis manager to defend him or herself about how this isn’t their fault.

Your former manager or all of the managers? Most field managers have limited data extrapolation skills. That’s why we have analytics teams. Why can’t you do the spreadsheet for your territory or help your colleagues with theirs’? Territory analysis is also your responsibility, not just your manager’s.

If sales reps can’t manage their territories and sell, then why are they here?

We do. Aww. The poor manager got their feelings hurt. You came here to collect a check and not work. You thought it was going to be easy street. Sorry.

Management has been called out plenty of times on this thread by name. How many more times does that have to happen. Some managers from those that were named continue to be applauded and given new roles. It’s a joke as is BMS. For a good laugh go read the what does BMS stand for thread. It’s my second favorite thread behind this one. Can’t wait for the former Novartis manager to defend him or herself about how this isn’t their fault.

Exactly, well I guess it won’t be Andy because he just got fired

but hopefully the others who’ve been called out and been posting here are next on the chopping clock

kudos to Carlos for removing one of the major sources of poison, back stabbing, and incompetence

If you can get fired for incompetence we would all be gone.

funny but that might be an exaggeration !

But if Andy was fired for incompetence and he won pinnacle that doesn’t look good for others especially Pete who finished last, 2nd to Andy

I bet Andy fired him over Novartis managers failing us in the launch and Carlos wasn’t looking at the sales numbers of the reps under Andy

funny but that might be an exaggeration !

But if Andy was fired for incompetence and he won pinnacle that doesn’t look good for others especially Pete who finished last, 2nd to Andy

I bet Andy fired him over Novartis managers failing us in the launch and Carlos wasn’t looking at the sales numbers of the reps under Andy

tf? Speak English Yoda!