Salient Surgical Technologies

Seems logical that all back office non revenue generating people carry the biggest targets A
as they are overhead and don't generate sales directly and are duplicated positions within core Medtronic already has people doing these roles. MArketing and support staff? Sad but true.

True! I believe there will be a lot of changes starting bright and early next year. Medtronic already has a huge spine presence, obviously, and may not need two reps calling on spine. My goal is to prove my ortho business is strong and keep that under my belt. Ortho and general surgery is the key. The spine side is making me nervous. I am sure the current spine reps are ready to add some income to their pockets. Anyway, the real change will surface soon enough. Wish us all good luck!!!

True! I believe there will be a lot of changes starting bright and early next year. Medtronic already has a huge spine presence, obviously, and may not need two reps calling on spine. My goal is to prove my ortho business is strong and keep that under my belt. Ortho and general surgery is the key. The spine side is making me nervous. I am sure the current spine reps are ready to add some income to their pockets. Anyway, the real change will surface soon enough. Wish us all good luck!!!

You are safe. The spine reps at Medtronic do not want this to sell nor do they have the time to sell it.

You are safe. The spine reps at Medtronic do not want this to sell nor do they have the time to sell it.

Yeah that's probably true. In my area they are too busy to go after new metal business. They even lose move in's. MDT must have the worst commission rates in the industry because i've seen teenager's with a greater sense of urgency.

well john has been gone about 1 1/2 months now. he was all for salient. guess he found out wht they really are. peices of crap. all of them they are a joke.

You are so ignorant of the facts. Salient staff are not to blame for the reductions. John was an awesome person and HR professional. He told me at the GST in Dallas he had stood up to some MDT folks about the nature of their communications regarding new hire training and hard dates. Thus, he was gone shortly after GST.

Joe Army also stood up to the MDT management. He fought for us to be able to get plasma blade and eventually threw his arms up on the matter. It is not in his nature to quit anything. He walked away because he lost the power struggle for directional control of the company. So now JH is in charge, well, as in charge as a person can be who will not be able to make any kind of product or sales strategy decisions outside of a bi-weekly conference call on new product sales.

JH is an awesome guy and I would follow him off a cliff but I don't think he is the one doing the leading.

After Tahoe there will be an exodus. You'll get that 25 mil in Q4. The shelves will be stocked by the OR with care, in hopes that a new job soon will be there. If your in management, get ready for the worst q1 of your life.

Joe didnt walk away...he got forced out. Another brilliant move by MDT (sarcasm). How is this company so bad at making decisions?

Kind of odd to read that since this thread used to be pages and pages of diatribes wishing that he was gone. Not like he gives a crap one way or another now. He done got PAID.

That's 100% for sure. JA would never have fit into an ethical company. Say what you will about MDT but JA's lack of integrity and ethics would have done him in along with his self-absorbed ways and ego. Simply put everyone is better off this way. He should go back to turn around management where slashing heads and mistreating people who get in your way is the way of life. Happy trails!

I agree! Happy trails to you until we meet again (hopefully never again). I have no sympathy for any of them either. He did get his money and I am sure he is happy. MDT is taking over and the entire organization is waiting on the real answers to what is next. 1st quarter will be very interesting!!!! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Really, hole in the ground. That changed with Nathan! He brought the company from the brink of the doors closing to a million dollar machine. Joe was given so called success from outside circumstances. He almost ruined the company twice. The growth would have plateaued with or without him. Loser!

Previous poster was right - JA loser all the way. He forgot the people who really started the company and worked hard before he took over. Too bad the late comers like SF got a hunk of cash and those of us who stuck around got the leftovers. And it was no hole in the ground company. Nathan got everyone motivated and working hard with COOPERATION and RESPECT, something Joe doesn't and never will have a clue about. He'll be happy with his money and no friends, no respect,and no ethics.

Just contacted about a position with salient/mdt. I was told average rep is making 300k. Is this accurate? Seems hard to believe...

you really dont want to work there they constantly bring people in. they are always having a big turn over in there people. definetly dont make that . who told you that is full of crap they promise then dont follow through . then get rid of you.