Reps with Oncology Experience DO NOT INTERVIEW

Genentech here. We have launched Rituxan in Hem/Onc, Avastin, Herceptin, Gavyza, etc all first or best in class oncology drugs. We all know the sales will come from us as your loser reps from other divisions or bottom of the barrel onc reps from other companies that are so desperate that they are coming to Abbvie will be getting kicked out of offices. The doctors will let us in and you might as well stay home and circle jerk each other. The only worse oncology company is Amgen, that is really just oncology PCP.

Stop kissing your own ass! In today's marketplace relationships don't matter half as much as they used to. If you've got a great drug with managed care coverage - you'll get in anywhere - so don't flatter yourself! Also, Abbvie can't afford to hire "severe job hoppers" like they did with HCV whose resumes show they haven't worked for a company longer than 1-2 years and perpetually move from job to job. It's not worth it! No loyalty and tons of money down the drain. That's why we should and are hiring mostly from within. Don't like it? Tough! Just because you may have experience and relationships really doesn't matter in today's market when so many other factors will trump it - so get over yourself and mind your own business!

Stop kissing your own ass! In today's marketplace relationships don't matter half as much as they used to. If you've got a great drug with managed care coverage - you'll get in anywhere - so don't flatter yourself! Also, Abbvie can't afford to hire "severe job hoppers" like they did with HCV whose resumes show they haven't worked for a company longer than 1-2 years and perpetually move from job to job. It's not worth it! No loyalty and tons of money down the drain. That's why we should and are hiring mostly from within. Don't like it? Tough! Just because you may have experience and relationships really doesn't matter in today's market when so many other factors will trump it - so get over yourself and mind your own business!

We laugh at you little losers! We have always and will always be better than you. You will only get in our way. You have't worked in oncology have you? Tsk little primary care rep.

Relationships sell. Many top academic institutions have banned reps. If you don't have an in and a long standing relationship you're out. Don't be fooled just because you think you have a great product. Anyone can read a PI, talk to KOLs, and attend a conference to get the latest on a product. If you want to secure market share relationships sell. Now re CoolAid drinkers can chime in.

Relationships sell. Many top academic institutions have banned reps. If you don't have an in and a long standing relationship you're out. Don't be fooled just because you think you have a great product. Anyone can read a PI, talk to KOLs, and attend a conference to get the latest on a product. If you want to secure market share relationships sell. Now re CoolAid drinkers can chime in.

Oh - so you mean to tell me if I'm new to oncology I couldn't look up some of these providers and key players on LinkedIn, decipher their email address and email them, go to grand rounds off their campus, go to conferences and meet them? Yes I can... And I will! It may take me some time to do it, but this industry isn't as big as you think and if you start networking and gather names and places where you could potentially meet these people - it can be done! Almost all clinics/hospitals will be shut off to all reps so finding other ways is critical - this is not a new concept. You make it sound Sooo important that relationships are the end all be all - I beg to differ. It may take some time, but if you are a good rep (regardless of PCP or other specialty sales experience) then you'll find ways to gain access. It's not so special!

Oh - so you mean to tell me if I'm new to oncology I couldn't look up some of these providers and key players on LinkedIn, decipher their email address and email them, go to grand rounds off their campus, go to conferences and meet them? Yes I can... And I will! It may take me some time to do it, but this industry isn't as big as you think and if you start networking and gather names and places where you could potentially meet these people - it can be done! Almost all clinics/hospitals will be shut off to all reps so finding other ways is critical - this is not a new concept. You make it sound Sooo important that relationships are the end all be all - I beg to differ. It may take some time, but if you are a good rep (regardless of PCP or other specialty sales experience) then you'll find ways to gain access. It's not so special!

The rep that can call a customer on his phone and say let's meet for 20 for coffee, that knows the customers colleagues and asked about the providers kid who just went off to college bla bla bla. And who has a product equal to yours will win while your twiddling your thumbs and chasing down an email or at a conference with your boss up your ass.

The rep that can call a customer on his phone and say let's meet for 20 for coffee, that knows the customers colleagues and asked about the providers kid who just went off to college bla bla bla. And who has a product equal to yours will win while your twiddling your thumbs and chasing down an email or at a conference with your boss up your ass.

Oh yeah ... After I find out their email and cell phone (which if you can talk with them many give out) you'd be amazed at the conversations that take place... And how many people we may know in common ... Heck the providers kids could go to my kids school or be on their sports teams etc or go to the same church etc. yes, I know all those tricks too - not unique nor special again. Let me guess how often you actually talk with your most influential providers over your MSL interaction? I bet you facilitate a lot of that meeting up, but you're not there! Most top docs want an MSL and pharmD on board most of the time and you are a fill in for simpler things. And yes - your interaction with the specialty pharmacies is most critical too. Yeah - I know that one. Relationships are an important foundation, but not everything. You have a shorter learning curve than me - I'll give you that and a head start on your "relationships" but if I work hard enough and keep just as visible as you are in every place and every thing I can get my hands on - I'll catch up! If my drug speaks for itself and supported by managed care that will give me a major jumpstart. You're counting on timid, don't think outside the box - people, but that's not who we are so think again! Everywhere you will be... We will soon follow or be there with you so get used to it and get over your "I'm the only one who has a relationship" attitude. Those days are OVER!

Oh yeah ... After I find out their email and cell phone (which if you can talk with them many give out) you'd be amazed at the conversations that take place... And how many people we may know in common ... Heck the providers kids could go to my kids school or be on their sports teams etc or go to the same church etc. yes, I know all those tricks too - not unique nor special again. Let me guess how often you actually talk with your most influential providers over your MSL interaction? I bet you facilitate a lot of that meeting up, but you're not there! Most top docs want an MSL and pharmD on board most of the time and you are a fill in for simpler things. And yes - your interaction with the specialty pharmacies is most critical too. Yeah - I know that one. Relationships are an important foundation, but not everything. You have a shorter learning curve than me - I'll give you that and a head start on your "relationships" but if I work hard enough and keep just as visible as you are in every place and every thing I can get my hands on - I'll catch up! If my drug speaks for itself and supported by managed care that will give me a major jumpstart. You're counting on timid, don't think outside the box - people, but that's not who we are so think again! Everywhere you will be... We will soon follow or be there with you so get used to it and get over your "I'm the only one who has a relationship" attitude. Those days are OVER!

We at Genentech have decades of oncology relationships. What you have is nothing and when push comes to shove to see one rep, it will be us, not you. LOSERS!!!!

Yeah, and I am dropping Peanut M&Ms to staff.

Relationships used to sell - they don't anymore. Insurance plans dictate what is allowed to be prescribed ... And that is the market we live in today. If you have a new product and it raises a providers and their staff's curiosity - they will meet with you if you reach out. Launching a new drug gives you opportunities to meet they key people in the beginning (MSL, PharmD, medical director . Specialty pharmacies etc involved in this process too) - after that it's up to you to keep the interactions going and that's the tough part, but can be done.

Relationships used to sell - they don't anymore. Insurance plans dictate what is allowed to be prescribed ... And that is the market we live in today. If you have a new product and it raises a providers and their staff's curiosity - they will meet with you if you reach out. Launching a new drug gives you opportunities to meet they key people in the beginning (MSL, PharmD, medical director . Specialty pharmacies etc involved in this process too) - after that it's up to you to keep the interactions going and that's the tough part, but can be done.

A Fairy tale pulled from google.

Well, this is intersting reading. I was just checking this thread because one of my friends just joind your company. Sounds like he will fit in great as long as there is a G-rep to work his territory to. He is a really smart rep who has been on onc for a long time, with a lot of different companies, and it wont take long for your guys to figure out why he has been to so many jobs. Its never his fault though. Its always the company, manager or counterparts fault. Atlanta beware the permenant vacationer has arrived. Hope your Genentech rep likes to work twice as hard covers the business like you said they would. Good luck

Well, this is intersting reading. I was just checking this thread because one of my friends just joind your company. Sounds like he will fit in great as long as there is a G-rep to work his territory to. He is a really smart rep who has been on onc for a long time, with a lot of different companies, and it wont take long for your guys to figure out why he has been to so many jobs. Its never his fault though. Its always the company, manager or counterparts fault. Atlanta beware the permenant vacationer has arrived. Hope your Genentech rep likes to work twice as hard covers the business like you said they would. Good luck

Not as interesting as your shitty spelling.

You're an angry little troll! Relationships are very important, but they are not EVERYTHING. if you have a great drug that's simple and is covered well ....

Insurance coverage is very complicated in ONC. Most ONC companies have people dedicated to help with coverage. Indications are blurred. Many one off things come up. Wake up.

Realistically, you folks are not equipped to sell this drug.
1. It is going to be used in essentially double refractory disease state for the first 2 yrs against the best drug to come out for this disease state in the last 10years. Ibrutnib

2. This co- promotion is unique since abbvie owns ibrutnib and every Ventoclax indication directly compete with you recently acquire 20 billion dollar baby..huge conflict of interest.

It not about a sales skills pissing match, but if our parent companies are not on the same page and we have separate marching orders. This might make redneck speed dating look VS party.

Realistically, you folks are not equipped to sell this drug.
1. It is going to be used in essentially double refractory disease state for the first 2 yrs against the best drug to come out for this disease state in the last 10years. Ibrutnib

2. This co- promotion is unique since abbvie owns ibrutnib and every Ventoclax indication directly compete with you recently acquire 20 billion dollar baby..huge conflict of interest.

It not about a sales skills pissing match, but if our parent companies are not on the same page and we have separate marching orders. This might make redneck speed dating look VS party.

Good luck posting next week FCF Fraud.