Reps with Oncology Experience DO NOT INTERVIEW

anonymous

I had just sent an email to the internal recruiter outlining I am no longer interested in interviewing on the 15th

Some info I found out that is downright concerning:

1. Nobody has oncology experience, and I mean nobody

2. Half or more of the oncology team has been promoted from within from the Hepatitis group

This means yep, 1st time in history of oncology more than half of a new oncology business unit will be made up of people with ZERO oncology experience. Hepatitis is not remotely even similar to oncology.

16-20 reps launching a new cancer drug will be hepatitis reps that is hysterical and pathetic

3. They are not paying that well due to the choices on internal hepatitis candidates

4. Expect to be sleeping with the Genentech rep

Genentech will want nothing to do with Abbvie's inexperience. Can you imagine a Gtech rep who has built up their relationships for over 10 years allowing some idiot from hepatitis to talk about cancer.
Gtech will not want this at all

5. Expect a primary care atmosphere with tight internal controls and micromanaging

Just take a look at the Hepatits threads, that whole division is a cluster %^&&*

Anyhow, if you decide to go may the big guy upstairs bless you because this might be one of the biggest circus operations I have heard about.

Stay far far away no matter how miserable you are at your current company. They are clueless in Oncology.

I had just sent an email to the internal recruiter outlining I am no longer interested in interviewing on the 15th

2. Half or more of the oncology team has been promoted from within from the Hepatitis group

This means yep, 1st time in history of oncology more than half of a new oncology business unit will be made up of people with ZERO oncology experience. Hepatitis is not remotely even similar to oncology.

16-20 reps launching a new cancer drug will be hepatitis reps that is hysterical and pathetic

3. They are not paying that well due to the choices on internal hepatitis candidates

Genentech will want nothing to do with Abbvie's inexperience. Can you imagine a Gtech rep who has built up their relationships for over 10 years allowing some idiot from hepatitis to talk about cancer.

5. Expect a primary care atmosphere with tight internal controls and micromanaging

Just take a look at the Hepatits threads, that whole division is a cluster %^&&*

Anyhow, if you decide to go may the big guy upstairs bless you because this might be one of the biggest circus operations I have heard about.

Stay far far away no matter how miserable you are at your current company. They are clueless in Oncology.

Regarding #4..... If she's a bomb, count me in!

Abbvie has a CI agreement, don't expect any joint calls any time soon.

Interesting. They talked about being in on calls with Genentech reps. I feel like this whole process was simply to gather information from reps with Hem experience on how to help their reps.
I have seriously reservations on whether any hiring will be done externally

Shit, I was schedule for the 15th as well. I am not wasting a vacation day and terrible travel from west coast to suffice their interests. Why didn't they simply hold local interviews like most oncology companies do? Was it their lack of oncology experience?

i was not selected for an interview. not going to bad mouth the company but i will say launching a drug in oncology without 100% experienced oncology reps is a huge mistake. i worked for a larger company before that tried to bring internal candidates quite frequently into oncology franchise that didnt have oncology experience. the end result was complete dysfunction, disconnect, and the oncology portfolio under performed

i wish them the best but they are already facing a daunting challenge launching a product in oncology without oncology expertise throughout the franchise

Genentech here , Leave this specialty to experienced movers and shakers We will get it done
unlike you former Abbott rejects

It's going to be funny as heck when my Abbvie ass with no oncology experience come to your lunch and fuck up your relationships and bust your ass for selling off label.

Then guess who will be the next Genentech rep now? Lol
Be careful mr jerkoff

I will echo what others have said. I am terribly upset by everything. I was not informed that my potential manager came from the HCV division with no oncology experience. I want to be managed like an an Oncology professional not a hepatitis rep. This creates several issues. I legitimately would not be able to turn to her and respect her based on the lack of oncology experience. I would not be able to get answers to everyday issues that arise.

Furthermore, I wanted to be part of a great oncology franchise not a hybrid sales force filled mostly with hepatitis reps. The interview process was led by inexperienced sales trainers and managers. It took all I had to display a fake smile. It was the most basic, uninspiring interview process I have ever been part of. A complete waste of my time. Again, I spent over an hour venting on my husband on how disappointed I am at this experience.

Lesson learned.

It's going to be funny as heck when my Abbvie ass with no oncology experience come to your lunch and fuck up your relationships and bust your ass for selling off label.

Then guess who will be the next Genentech rep now? Lol
Be careful mr jerkoff

Let's just say that that the oncologist will know quickly that you're out of your league and show you the door....they're time is way to limited to school an oncology greenhorn and I certainly won't. Also, we don't sell off label and we won't going forward. Not having a CIA means we are staying between the lines. Abbvie will have a lot to learn about this market

Let's just say that that the oncologist will know quickly that you're out of your league and show you the door....they're time is way to limited to school an oncology greenhorn and I certainly won't. Also, we don't sell off label and we won't going forward. Not having a CIA means we are staying between the lines. Abbvie will have a lot to learn about this market

By the way, I meant their, not they're.

hi, serious question. I interviewed today. Do you think the CIA will impact what we can do together? Abbvie/Genentech

Do you see Genentech reps being helpful? I have a feeling you guys will do your own thing and not want to really go out of your way to help the majority of Abbvie folks that have no oncology experience coming from the Hepatitis division. I do have oncology experience. I voiced my opinion that I didn't think Genentech would be helpful but they think differently. I disagree. Why? Because I do know if I was a Genentech rep I wouldnt want to take a chance on somebody else screwing up my access. It has happened before when I worked at a big pharma oncology company. I said never ever again would I allow a "partner" to share a call/breakfast/lunch/dinner etc...

hi, serious question. I interviewed today. Do you think the CIA will impact what we can do together? Abbvie/Genentech

Do you see Genentech reps being helpful? I have a feeling you guys will do your own thing and not want to really go out of your way to help the majority of Abbvie folks that have no oncology experience coming from the Hepatitis division. I do have oncology experience. I voiced my opinion that I didn't think Genentech would be helpful but they think differently. I disagree. Why? Because I do know if I was a Genentech rep I wouldnt want to take a chance on somebody else screwing up my access. It has happened before when I worked at a big pharma oncology company. I said never ever again would I allow a "partner" to share a call/breakfast/lunch/dinner etc...

1. Yes
2. No

Suggestion: Run

Great questions
- there won't be any joint calls, that just won't happen, you will do you own thing and we will do ours
- you will be on your own out of the gate aside from having a solid call list that is up to date
- the degree of partnership will be limited to meeting for coffee occasionally.

Here's the skinny, 30 DNA reps, 30 ABBV reps, each in their own territory with no partnering.

I find it laughable how so many reps in oncology forget that they started somewhere. Most would have you believe they were born with special powers other reps could not possibly obtain. Access in oncology is terrible and most of you go about your day making minimal impact. Some of your posted concerns are valid, but this drug and pipeline have real potential. AbbVie is a good company with a pension. What are you really scared of?