• Mon news: Novartis Kisqali breast cancer trial. ESMO news: Bayer, Bristol Myers, Regeneron and more. Biosecure Act fallout. Boston Scientific/Silk Road merger. See more on our front page

MS Division What Happened?

I launched Gilenya, it was never great. Sometimes we made great bonus but it was always “the sky is falling.” Non stop initiatives and pressure
The first few years of Kesimpta was good. Now it's big Pharma tactics with no bonus. The amount of field rides are crazy. What happened to once every 6 weeks. Now it's every two weeks. Customers are sick of seeing them. Novartis is hurting their business with this outdated tactic.

One of the problems is that our insecure leadership team is scared shitless of Genentech. When big pharma leaders get scared, all they know is following their dated play book of enforcing metrics and frequency.

One of the problems is that our insecure leadership team is scared shitless of Genentech. When big pharma leaders get scared, all they know is following their dated play book of enforcing metrics and frequency.
So you mean field rides every 2 weeks doesn't work HAHAHA. My manager told me the more they come out the more SRF's I will get.

So you mean field rides every 2 weeks doesn't work HAHAHA. My manager told me the more they come out the more SRF's I will get.
The frequent field rides are just 1 of many problems in MS divisions now. This place is nothin close to what it once was a few years ago. I made the jump and left several months ago and it’s been the best move. Don’t be trapped at that dumpster fire. I guess if you stick around there is always a good chance you will bank a severance cuz history shows cuts are coming. .

The frequent field rides are just 1 of many problems in MS divisions now. This place is nothin close to what it once was a few years ago. I made the jump and left several months ago and it’s been the best move. Don’t be trapped at that dumpster fire. I guess if you stick around there is always a good chance you will bank a severance cuz history shows cuts are coming. .
This is a fact. Most everyone on my team has been quit quitting. We all had enough of the constant field rides and no bonus. Most are looking to leave after next payout. Good luck trying to fill these positions with quality people. Only a person who is desperate for a job would come to Novartis.

This is a fact. Most everyone on my team has been quit quitting. We all had enough of the constant field rides and no bonus. Most are looking to leave after next payout. Good luck trying to fill these positions with quality people. Only a person who is desperate for a job would come to Novartis.
The west coast will experience lots turnover here soon. Enough is enough with the big pharma beatings.

So funny as you continue to cry like a bitch that no one listens to you, rep.
Ok, this is so ugly and unprofessional.

This used to be such a great place to work. We seemed insulated from the big pharma playbook.
Now this division is almost as bad as cardio. Is it time to jump ship.
Agreed

The problem is they treat MS division just like primary care with this provider based model driven by metrics

KES is growing year on year at a huge clip- NVS is closing in on 4 billion for MS, it’s one of the top three moneymakers from the whole company.. it doesn’t make any sense to get rid of headcount right now in the field - the MS2s are fine for a while.

KES is growing year on year at a huge clip- NVS is closing in on 4 billion for MS, it’s one of the top three moneymakers from the whole company.. it doesn’t make any sense to get rid of headcount right now in the field - the MS2s are fine for a while.
You have no idea what is being planned. They wiped out an entire sales force that generates almost a billion in profit to replace them with a contract sales force. Keep your guard up

You have no idea what is being planned. They wiped out an entire sales force that generates almost a billion in profit to replace them with a contract sales force. Keep your guard up
After paying the contract team, Dez will end up saving a couple of bucks, at most, by virtue of firing the Xolair reps.
The money saved, weighed against the indecency of firing your own people, can't be worth it. He did it because he's an awful, indifferent prick.
Nothing he has done in C.V. makes sense, but that hasn't stopped him from doing it. Now the reps will take the hit for it.
If you think M.S. is safe just because you make money, you are delusional.

After paying the contract team, Dez will end up saving a couple of bucks, at most, by virtue of firing the Xolair reps.
The money saved, weighed against the indecency of firing your own people, can't be worth it. He did it because he's an awful, indifferent prick.
Nothing he has done in C.V. makes sense, but that hasn't stopped him from doing it. Now the reps will take the hit for it.
If you think M.S. is safe just because you make money, you are delusional.
As much as I dislike Des, I don’t think it was his decision to eliminate the Xolair team. Had to come from the Victor/Vas level.