• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Medical derm

when BJ rode in my territory, my office on my next visit was very questionable on him. I now see what they meant. he seems to have no idea of how medical offices operate or interact with reps. no one respects him. ask any of the managers. ask the reps. take a poll.

Recruiter reached out about an opening in my geography. I was told it’s not the biologic division but for the acne division. What can you tell me about the drugs and division? Anything new in the people one. Honest options only as I’m not looking for joke responses. Need to know if this is going to advance my career and put my family in a better position.

Recruiter reached out about an opening in my geography. I was told it’s not the biologic division but for the acne division. What can you tell me about the drugs and division? Anything new in the people one. Honest options only as I’m not looking for joke responses. Need to know if this is going to advance my career and put my family in a better position.

it will definitely not. Absorica loses exclusivity at the end of 2020. We have a line extension of Absorica but it is not making a dent in Absorica’s volume. Nothing in the pipeline. The steroids that are also in the bag cannot provide enough profit to justify an entire division. I expect Sun to dissolve the entire division by March 31 if not sooner. I am not a “sky is falling” kind of person. Just someone who has been through multiple layoffs and can see the writing on the walls.

it will definitely not. Absorica loses exclusivity at the end of 2020. We have a line extension of Absorica but it is not making a dent in Absorica’s volume. Nothing in the pipeline. The steroids that are also in the bag cannot provide enough profit to justify an entire division. I expect Sun to dissolve the entire division by March 31 if not sooner. I am not a “sky is falling” kind of person. Just someone who has been through multiple layoffs and can see the writing on the walls.

Thank you for your honest response. I had been told that new product was expected to fill the void of Absorica and they also just launched a new steroid product that had lots of upside? Why do you believe March 31 the entire division will be dissolved. It baffles me that they would even try to fill vacancies then.

great insight and I agree with a lot of your points but do you honestly think they will dissolve the division? To launch a new drug, are they gonna pull the plug that quick?

great insight and I agree with a lot of your points but do you honestly think they will dissolve the division? To launch a new drug, are they gonna pull the plug that quick?

In February, it will be one year post launch. Yes, I could see the plug being pulled that soon because the volume for LD is just that low. Maybe they will shave off the bottom 10-20% a time or two before a complete dissolution. Or they will do the Sun thing, and dissolve Med Derm (acne/steroids) and combine them with another division and make both divisions interview for the positions like they have twice before. But I don’t see Med Derm being as easily combinable with Biologics/Specialty Derm as Taro was with Acne. So who knows.

In February, it will be one year post launch. Yes, I could see the plug being pulled that soon because the volume for LD is just that low. Maybe they will shave off the bottom 10-20% a time or two before a complete dissolution. Or they will do the Sun thing, and dissolve Med Derm (acne/steroids) and combine them with another division and make both divisions interview for the positions like they have twice before. But I don’t see Med Derm being as easily combinable with Biologics/Specialty Derm as Taro was with Acne. So who knows.
Keep in mind, a ‘launch’ here is not what a launch is in a real pharma company.

This is a Tier 4 company when there are only 3 Tiers. on top of that, what was ‘introduced’ (not launched in the traditional sense) to the market was a LINE EXTENSION.
Nothing more.

You have my vote on November 3rd to be the new leader of the Medical Dermatology Unit. I am impressed with your ability to approach these questions with a true and honest scope of the current business. We could use this. I don't trust anyone or have any faith in management. Things have gotten worse, and leadership is nowhere to be found. The man whose name starts with the second letter in the alphabet seems to have no clue how to lead a business. His best form of leadership mimics the tactics of a middle school bully. I too, fear that one day we will wake up to "the call" and be put out on the street. The train seems like it coming to the end of the track unless we get a surprise product acquisition.

Medical and Specialty will be combined, best case scenario. Ilumya has to stay on its own for one more year.
and yes, once again we’ll be pitted against each other to interview for our jobs with Sun.
I hope it’s not that way in the home office.

Every VP and Director level person should be fired. And our CEO too.

Their strategies have simply failed.

I’m looking for some true insight and opinions. Do you anticipate downsizing or restructuring in the next 1-4 months? My husband has lost his job and with kids in the holidays coming up I’m extremely nervous. Thanks in advance

I’m looking for some true insight and opinions. Do you anticipate downsizing or restructuring in the next 1-4 months? My husband has lost his job and with kids in the holidays coming up I’m extremely nervous. Thanks in advance
So he’s currently not employed but is interviewing with Sun?
If that’s the case, take the job and never stop looking. That’s what most of us are doing.