Massive layoff round will happen in 2H 2018

honestly it’s all our faults for staying here .. we will hold your breathes and hope they get it right then if we make it will we stay prisoner here .. WOW this used to be a great company ..WTF happening ? Is it all pricing war ? Good luck and I hope they eliminate the real dead weight this time ...

Reorg?? My friend 3,000 count is not a Reorg. It is a bloodbath.
Of course - they won't call it a layoff though. They'll pay a consultant to come up with a clever name and tell us how hard the decision is, yadda yadda, while they all keep their fat paychecks and stock options.

Meanwhile every one of these layoffs further lowers productivity and morale.

I will never doubt cafepharma again.

Also, fuck this company.
People like to put down The Cafe, but there's always been an element of truth to many of the posts, and some posts are quite accurate. By the way, Purdue is eliminating their entire sales force (what remains of it after last December's downsizing) at the end of this month. Look for layoffs at Takeda, Shire, Sanofi, and Daiichi-Sankyo later this year, along with the CSO's (Syneos, Publicis, IQVIA) having contracts terminated at the end of the year (as usual). This industry has been shedding jobs faster than it adds them as continues it's decline. And head's up, we're headed for another recession - that will be apparent later this year. We all gotta duck when the shit hits the fan!:(

Let’s state the obvious, we are the last pharma company still holding onto a cde staff this big. I’m just saying. Let the “save the cde, we are clinical, you wouldn’t understand” comments begin.

3,000 people POTENTIALLY worldwide...what’s that number trickle down to in the US at and at that point the US sales force? Nobody likes a layoff, but we started becoming more and more big pharma years ago, so really no surprise. Yes, oral GLP1 is the future for us, but how many people do we need to sell it? Tresiba was 2 yeas too late, Ozempic is going to start firing on all cyclinders just when Oral Sema gets approved hopefully...what’s a leading company in a dying industry model to do???

3,000 people POTENTIALLY worldwide...what’s that number trickle down to in the US at and at that point the US sales force? Nobody likes a layoff, but we started becoming more and more big pharma years ago, so really no surprise. Yes, oral GLP1 is the future for us, but how many people do we need to sell it? Tresiba was 2 yeas too late, Ozempic is going to start firing on all cyclinders just when Oral Sema gets approved hopefully...what’s a leading company in a dying industry model to do???
Start firing in 2 years? You are an idiot. Most of the e territories are over 300%, 6 months in. IC caps earining at 300% that’s the truth serum of what the company thinks of the sales force. Who caps earnings during a launch? Novo, that’s who. I can’t afford my eye brow waxing now.

US will be hit HARD.

Area VP and RBD in US are stating this layoff is only for global employees and will not impact the US markets. They are stating that our restructure from last year is sufficient so we are ahead of the game. Hoping this is true!!!

Of course - they won't call it a layoff though. They'll pay a consultant to come up with a clever name and tell us how hard the decision is, yadda yadda, while they all keep their fat paychecks and stock options.

Meanwhile every one of these layoffs further lowers productivity and morale.

Yeah NNI's Spin Doctors will be working overtime to come up with a some kind of code word to try and fool the press. I'll save 'em a little time and effort and money - a company I once worked for called a layoff a "resource action".

well he did mention the culture is going to have to change!! Well laying off 3,000 will sure change the fucking culture! Fuck ‘Em all!!

Yes indeed! Fuck 'em!

Now that the cat's out of the bag, every NNI single employee needs to downshift into low gear. Lay low, feet up and coast until they make their move. Fuck 'em! It's summer time anyway... might as well have yourself a nice easy summer doing nothing until we find out the score in August. That's what I'm going to do. How about you?

Start firing in 2 years? You are an idiot. Most of the e territories are over 300%, 6 months in. IC caps earining at 300% that’s the truth serum of what the company thinks of the sales force. Who caps earnings during a launch? Novo, that’s who. I can’t afford my eye brow waxing now.

**sigh** an idiot? Can the cafe get over name calling for once? I said ALL cylinders...not just the high flyers....anyway, get the macro view of the company globally from your couch at home and tell me, how many employees do we have ?? I honestly don’t know but I believe it’s in the tens of thousands...Novo has been somewhat open about US headcount affected in the past 2 layoffs/reorgs...hoping the trend continues so we know what to expect.