Massive layoff round will happen in 2H 2018

Layoffs have started in Japan.Layoffs are between 8-13% of the total workforce. It is official.I have received the email.

Yes. That is correct. I heard the same. It is the master plan of Mike Doustar. Apparently he is not happy with the future of Japan and price projections. (Rings a bell? Same same as US). He is pretty tough, when things don’t go according to plan. He reminds me of our old COO, Kare Schultz. So, we should be happy with Doug running the show in NNI. 13% on our population would mean 600 jobs lost. Doug will never cut that deep. My guess is 300-350 tops. You got to be an optimist to survive.

look for the US field number to be more than double that. get prepared to be shocked

I would be worried if you have little access. Access is not going to open up and get better and we cannot keep paying 3 person pods 100K plus benes to call on offices or health systems that do not take rep calls, lunches or samples.

There will be lay offs. There will be new jobs created as long as you want to uproot your family to go where NNI can actually use you.

Always have your CV/resume ready. Always.

Truth.

Yes. That is correct. I heard the same. It is the master plan of Mike Doustar. Apparently he is not happy with the future of Japan and price projections. (Rings a bell? Same same as US). He is pretty tough, when things don’t go according to plan. He reminds me of our old COO, Kare Schultz. So, we should be happy with Doug running the show in NNI. 13% on our population would mean 600 jobs lost. Doug will never cut that deep. My guess is 300-350 tops. You got to be an optimist to survive.

50% Correct. Mike got guts like Kare Schultz , but he has at least double the emotional intelligence. I never worked for him but been around more than a decade and everyone I’ve come across who knows him, likes and respects him. Not sure what’s happening in Japan and why we are letting go of so many (10-13% seems high), but I assume it is justified. It will happen for all units who can’t grow the top line. Good old days of tolerance and employment for life is over :-(

50% Correct. Mike got guts like Kare Schultz , but he has at least double the emotional intelligence. I never worked for him but been around more than a decade and everyone I’ve come across who knows him, likes and respects him. Not sure what’s happening in Japan and why we are letting go of so many (10-13% seems high), but I assume it is justified. It will happen for all units who can’t grow the top line. Good old days of tolerance and employment for life is over :-(
Emotional intelligence is not the correct term - should be "communication and social skills". He is certainly one of the most talented execs for communication and self-promotion.

Thanks Mike, now go take a damp on our CEO's desk. That would earn some respect.

I heard Jan 2020.

Jan 2020 ?? Nobody, including Novo management, has any idea what happens on that timescale. The income drop kicks in by 2019 and so corrective action, if any, has got to be in 2018. It is entirely possible that Lars Fruelund decides to do nothing but fumbeling until 2020, but that is a more serious scenario.

Jan 2020 ?? Nobody, including Novo management, has any idea what happens on that timescale. The income drop kicks in by 2019 and so corrective action, if any, has got to be in 2018. It is entirely possible that Lars Fruelund decides to do nothing but fumbeling until 2020, but that is a more serious scenario.

It’s not Lars Frueland. It is Lars Freefall. The way he is steering our company to a ditch in less than 18 months is incredible. The Board of Directors have to start loosing trust in him the same way many of our employees have. Please retire him or give his IT job back. He is no leader. It’s an absolute joke for a 100 billion dollar company to be run by this inexperienced chap.

It’s not Lars Frueland. It is Lars Freefall. The way he is steering our company to a ditch in less than 18 months is incredible. The Board of Directors have to start loosing trust in him the same way many of our employees have. Please retire him or give his IT job back. He is no leader. It’s an absolute joke for a 100 billion dollar company to be run by this inexperienced chap.

Actually, it's neither. His name is Lars Fruergaard Jorgensen. If you're going to attack a guy for doing a bad job, you might as well get his name right, don't you think? And, I couldn't say whether or not the BoD is 'loosing' (hint: the word is 'losing') trust in him or not, but his predecessors put all their eggs in the US basket, and pricing pressure is going up and margins are going down. I'm not sure anyone could do a great job in that environment.