• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Layoffs?

Anybody know anything about the manager's interviews? Like the time frame? I thought they were to interview next week my mine acts like he will be around all week but I heard another say he had to go. Seems like they are moving up the time lines.

Anybody know anything about the manager's interviews? Like the time frame? I thought they were to interview next week my mine acts like he will be around all week but I heard another say he had to go. Seems like they are moving up the time lines.

My DM said week of 9/23. There are 5 locations set up thru the country and they are being flown to one of the locations. Regional Directors are somewhere right now- seeing the "plan" of how many DMs and how many reps

My DM said week of 9/23. There are 5 locations set up thru the country and they are being flown to one of the locations. Regional Directors are somewhere right now- seeing the "plan" of how many DMs and how many reps

Thank you for the information. I wonder who is on their panel interviews? Thanks again for the info!

Sorry folks! They are not real people. Say the name Mike Hunt out loud.... and pat mcgroin... as in my pat my groin. Get it? LOL It was a funny thread but Cafepharma deleted most of it.

Probably Joe. Joe mama :) I thought the Mike Hunt thing was funny.

Everyone is downsizing, Covidien, Medtronic, GE, JNJ.... everyone that has business sense. It is easy to fire and then re-hire as needs improve.

On a serious note:

What happens to all the SDM's that were supposed to be managers, the ones in OH?
Why are they expanding energy, or saying they are going too?

Hospitals will NO longer be buying these high priced devices.....why? because medicare/medicaid reimbursements are decreasing which in turn causes insurances companies reimbursements to decrease and guess what? hospitals are NOT going to be stuck with the bill after a patient (consumer as you say) refuses to pay it!!
Yes, almighty J&J.... you and your over paid sales reps/executives, etc. NEED to make some changes for your own mortality!!!

I could not agree more. You are 100% right on. Our products are way over priced for this bad economy. We have always been the most expensive. Our company just does not get it. They wonder why we are losing market share.

I could not agree more. You are 100% right on. Our products are way over priced for this bad economy. We have always been the most expensive. Our company just does not get it. They wonder why we are losing market share.

And will continue to lose market share in 2013 as hospitals and their systems scramble to buy up their competition to gain their own market share in their respective areas. JNJ doesn't understand that hospitals are now thinking and acting like business corporations...(scary, I know since JNJ isn't exactly a stellar business model, given it's lack of quality controls, but I digress) The only way for ESC to stay "flat out cool" is to cut the cost of its goods, downsize its sales force or move to a more online direct ordering, OUTSOURCE as many departments as possible, ie customer support and continue to assess the need for many of it's products, ie, if it's not needed then discontinue it: probe plus, bipolar cords example.
There is still alot of unnecessary middle managers in other departments in the home office. If the sales force is getting realigned why isn't EVERYTHING getting realigned and reassessed as we move forward? Seems like some areas are insulated from these changes, at least for now, until their true lack of need or value is truly exposed.

But your missing the "spin" they put on this. We're not downsizing...we're simply listening to the voice of the customer. The "customer" is confused by all the ESC people calling on them. They only want one point of contact. What a load of BS.

I couldn't agree more. We're worse than the gov't about having people in the all the wrong places.

No, the underlying problem is lack of a pipeline. If we were pumping out new, innovative, cost effective products we would not be contracting. There are other MD&D companies that are expanding and growing their business right now in spite of the upcoming MD&D tax.