Layoffs 2023

I’m interested in interviewing for a tech position in the Alameda, CA location. But it sounds like this a bad proposition…

Very, very bad management at ADC. They value loyalty over competence....Trumpian. Abbott is a very good company but ADC managers got success (Libre and meters) by stepping on those who did the real work. Stay away.

Very, very bad management at ADC. They value loyalty over competence....Trumpian. Abbott is a very good company but ADC managers got success (Libre and meters) by stepping on those who did the real work. Stay away.

Abbott is such a great company, it’s currently under criminal investigation by the DOJ and has covered up dozens of settlements for deaths of babies who drank tainted formula. Wonderful company.

Abbott is such a great company, it’s currently under criminal investigation by the DOJ and has covered up dozens of settlements for deaths of babies who drank tainted formula. Wonderful company.

Where did you read about lots of deaths? I know that several batches of the baby formula were bad, but I never heard of "dozens of deaths". Maybe you are confusing this with the problem in China a few years ago.

Criminal and SEC investigations, stock is at a low, lay offs every day from every division and yet millions being paid out to board members and executives who have taken no responsibility. Who’s proud?

Layoffs across the board at ARDX yesterday. They are the most criminal organization I have ever worked for. Everyone there is miserable. Executive Leadership, (I use “leader” lightly), treats everyone in the field like garbage. We had record-breaking quarters and years during Covid and the only people that got paid were Robert Ford, and that disgustingly unethical, morally bankrupt, diseased board and C Suite. AAAAAND they announced this week they were not paying out our Q4 bonus this week as conveyed - with NO future date given. Everyone is silenced into submission there, so no one asks. It’s all so sick. Jeff Hass, Steve Henn and Adam Bishop are all yes men to Robert Ford and they only surround themselves with yes men…so it’s toxic leadership from the top down. Shame on them. These past few years have been hell on us bring big Covid to the world. And the hell was made by Abbott. They should be sued and dismantled. I have worked for their competitors…this is an Abbott thing, not an industry thing. They are cringeworthy. Their reputation is well earned. #toxicAbbott #nooneisproudthere #morallybankrupt

Layoffs across the board at ARDX yesterday. They are the most criminal organization I have ever worked for. Everyone there is miserable. Executive Leadership, (I use “leader” lightly), treats everyone in the field like garbage. We had record-breaking quarters and years during Covid and the only people that got paid were Robert Ford, and that disgustingly unethical, morally bankrupt, diseased board and C Suite. AAAAAND they announced this week they were not paying out our Q4 bonus this week as conveyed - with NO future date given. Everyone is silenced into submission there, so no one asks. It’s all so sick. Jeff Hass, Steve Henn and Adam Bishop are all yes men to Robert Ford and they only surround themselves with yes men…so it’s toxic leadership from the top down. Shame on them. These past few years have been hell on us bring big Covid to the world. And the hell was made by Abbott. They should be sued and dismantled. I have worked for their competitors…this is an Abbott thing, not an industry thing. They are cringeworthy. Their reputation is well earned. #toxicAbbott #nooneisproudthere #morallybankrupt

Very well said. I would add in R Knk & M Grn into that mix

Who waits until March to pay out Q4 bonus of last year?
Abbott does. There were a couple years where we didn’t even get our goal until q3. They do whatever they want because they have frightened people into silence. They won’t even pay until q2 now. They have to operate at 8-10% margin at all times and an all costs…which is why they layoff and don’t pay out comp in a timely fashion…OR cough up a couple million dollars to install a hypoallergenic floor where they produce baby food for immunocompromised children. We should all rise up and sue them.