• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

Lay-off Info Post Here

AZ, Rhudd and Mina literally lied to the Respiratory team for the last two years. What happened to Respiratory becoming a respiratory/immunology speciality salesforce? How do you let a computer generate who gets promoted to a speciality position and not promote the qualified candidate for the job?

At this point all the respiratory/diabetes reps that still have a job, congratulations and good luck! You need to start polishing your resumes over the holidays and start looking for a new job. Your time is clicking and about to be up with good ole AZ. This merger makes no since for a company leading towards a biopharma sales to combine two therapeutic divisions.

Couldn't be more accurate. High level leadership are more self-promoters than leaders. That is how they got there. I have been with AZ for a long time. I have seen a lot of people move up the ladder that were mediocre in the roles as sales reps and/or field level managers but were very smart at hitching their wagon to the right people. Too many examples to list. But if you want, I certainly can start.

Couldn't be more accurate. High level leadership are more self-promoters than leaders. That is how they got there. I have been with AZ for a long time. I have seen a lot of people move up the ladder that were mediocre in the roles as sales reps and/or field level managers but were very smart at hitching their wagon to the right people. Too many examples to list. But if you want, I certainly can start.

you can start with df .kicking everybody around him down the ladder while he climbed up it. he is the most piss-poor example of so called leadership this organization has ever seen. and to the previous post about mina and rudd lying to all of us? welcome to corporate america. those at the top will smile and lie through their teeth to the masses beneath, so long as it means that they can squeeze a few more sales out of their teams to make themselves look good, all the while knowing full well the bloodbath that they are drawing behind the c-suite curtain. It never changes. its all about ass kissing and playing the game. and sometimes even then, it doesn't matter when zs comes to town.

Sorry to see this happen. Its an occupational hazard and if you stay or have been in the industry for any length of time this may have not been your first layoff rodeo. If you remain in the industry chances are it wont be your last. I have gone through this and survived. You will too. Give yourself time to be angry, sad, pissed, etc. and then get on with it. Be thankful for the experience and begin crafting your story for your next gig No shame in being laid off as it is unfortunately quite common. Stay focused and positive in your search, leverage your network , stay close to friends and family and things will workout.

P.S.- I know someone or many will jump in and slam my advice and if it makes you feel better go for it. Still wishing everyone the best

Same here, I’ve been with AZ almost 20 years and seen a lot of ass-kissing and betrayal to move up the corporate ladder. I’m not shocked that this layoff happened right before the holiday but just amazed how the leadership team repeatedly told us we were at the ”right size” as company. Well I’ll speak for Respiratory.

I'm here to let the new speciality reps know that was hand picked by the “computer” don’t count on primary care to save you!!! Don’t think for one second the respiratory reps that worked aligned you will be willing to assist business rolling in when we sit on the side line. AZ if you wanted to be reasonable, play and pay reasonably. Specialty Reps are getting promoted during a layoff and now their old teammates just sit back and wait until the next sudden layoff comes about.

GOOD THING RST were kept... without us the entire sales force would go down. WE are the premier group- we work harder, we drive the business, and we are the future of AZ. No doubt about it... none of us were cut.

• THWD   Dec 02, 2020 at 08:16: PM

AZ, Rhudd and Mina literally lied to the Respiratory team for the last two years. What happened to Respiratory becoming a respiratory/immunology speciality salesforce? How do you let a computer generate who gets promoted to a speciality position and not promote the qualified candidate for the job?

At this point all the respiratory/diabetes reps that still have a job, congratulations and good luck! You need to start polishing your resumes over the holidays and start looking for a new job. Your time is clicking and about to be up with good ole AZ. This merger makes no since for a company leading towards a biopharma sales to combine two therapeutic divisions.

Not the computer, but all white hr people decide the fate of employees. I am with AZ for more than 10 years and have seen only white hr people working with the senior managers. So it's white managers and white hr staff rule. The things are getting worse every day.

Not the computer, but all white hr people decide the fate of employees. I am with AZ for more than 10 years and have seen only white hr people working with the senior managers. So it's white managers and white hr staff rule. The things are getting worse every day.

clearly you don’t work anywhere near Atlanta....

Every rep will get a call letting them know if they have been retained or displaced but the order is totally up to the manager.

Looks like the Fed Ex notice is a bad sign - I have one and I have been displaced.

My stats: I have been with AZ since 2005, Exec Resp PSS in Texas.

I’m some areas they have cut all the Diabetes DSMs and kept the Respiratory DSMs and other areas it’s the opposite.

But it does sound like Diabetes reps are getting hit harder than Respiratory. I think the 3-4 person teams could have made them more vulnerable.

You've spent 15 year as a primary care rep and you're shocked you got let go?

I've been through many of these purges. Twice I got let go and twice I found my way back during the WARN period. There is always positions that fall through. I did get retained today. So stay positive and keep plugging away!

Not the time, nor the place for comments like that. Show just a little class and character, both of which I’m certain your parents didn’t instill in you.

Class and character is what caused me to moved beyond az and primary care nearly a decade ago. I was hired as a pcp rep in 2006. I can’t even begin to imagine still doing that job.

This is a blessing. Embrace it and grow.

Class and character is what caused me to moved beyond az and primary care nearly a decade ago. I was hired as a pcp rep in 2006. I can’t even begin to imagine still doing that job.

This is a blessing. Embrace it and grow.
If you have moved on, it seems odd that a decade later you still check cafe pharma. I hope that doesn’t happen to me.

Our whole team was tenured. I am shocked because a couple of tenured reps that were kept (who honestly cannot sell...always shy away when asked to detail because they can’t form a coherent sentence] vs. those who are well-rounded. Amazing. I would love to know what the criteria was based on.

The criteria almost ALWAYS comes down to cost, how long do we really think these companies will keep reps who can't see doctors anymore especiallyn when most of the PC doctors are doing more telemedicine now. Pfizer doing a big pilot program now with webinars, lunches delivered, then drop shipping samples...all automated.