• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

Lay-off Info Post Here

I'm sure they sleep quite well, in fact.. on feather pillows and luxury 1000 thread count egyptian cotton sheets. In their second homes.

On another note.. I'd be interested to learn when leadership is actually going to start living the values they preach????????? because right now things aint lookin so good.

we follow the science by combining products that have been on market for years and rebranding them.
we put patients first by pulling samples of our #1 drug because now we have a new product to push.
we play to win, so we pull share of voice out of specialty offices.
we do the right thing by laying off 25% of our salespeople with absolutely no warning right before Christmas.
we are entrepreneurial so we monkey see monkey do everything that gsk does.

100% correct. I just can't understand the logic in keeping DSM's. Maybe the second wave will be thinning the herd of managers after they go thru the reorganization. One could only hope. Management in 75% of the company is horrible. Was with AZ over 20 years and left a few years ago. Management style from top to bottom was getting horrible in the last 5 years. Sorry for those who have been let go. Any idea how many DSM's if any lost there jobs?

100% correct. I just can't understand the logic in keeping DSM's. Maybe the second wave will be thinning the herd of managers after they go thru the reorganization. One could only hope. Management in 75% of the company is horrible. Was with AZ over 20 years and left a few years ago. Management style from top to bottom was getting horrible in the last 5 years. Sorry for those who have been let go. Any idea how many DSM's if any lost there jobs?

They let a ton of dsms go, 17 in diabetes west alone.

I'm sure they sleep quite well, in fact.. on feather pillows and luxury 1000 thread count egyptian cotton sheets. In their second homes.

On another note.. I'd be interested to learn when leadership is actually going to start living the values they preach????????? because right now things aint lookin so good.

we follow the science by combining products that have been on market for years and rebranding them.
we put patients first by pulling samples of our #1 drug because now we have a new product to push.
we play to win, so we pull share of voice out of specialty offices.
we do the right thing by laying off 25% of our salespeople with absolutely no warning right before Christmas.
we are entrepreneurial so we monkey see monkey do everything that gsk does.
There's goose down and goose feathers in my pillows that are on top of my Royal Pedic mattress. Sleeping like a junky on cough medicine, baby!

My son worked his butt off to be selected to attend Yale in the Fall 2021. Now, I am laid off and what do I tell him? State U is the choice because of finances?!?!? Pascal and Ruud are the worst and they should be ASHAMED of their actions!! How can they sleep at night knowing the destruction they have caused?!?!?!?

Very easily... they are sociopaths. Would love to meet Ruud behind a building for a few minutes....maybe less.

#PunisherDirtyLaundry

My son worked his butt off to be selected to attend Yale in the Fall 2021. Now, I am laid off and what do I tell him? State U is the choice because of finances?!?!? Pascal and Ruud are the worst and they should be ASHAMED of their actions!! How can they sleep at night knowing the destruction they have caused?!?!?!?
Good for your child's acceptance. Have them contact the fnancial aid department of the school for the sudden change in financial circumstance. Maybe the school might find grant money? Most likely they will find a loan for child. Sucks.

Downsizing is the new normal, and has been since the 80's. Workers are a commodity. Mgmnt may feel bad, but they can't stop it, even if they wanted to. Its just business. You are a line item cost expense that will be kept or eliminated.

May you land back on your feet doing something better.

You tell your son that this is what happens when YOU fail to plan ahead. You have had 18 years to save for college and you intend to use your current paycheck to pay the bill? Stop living beyond your means and live in the real world. You need a reality check and I imagine your son does too.

Good for your child's acceptance. Have them contact the fnancial aid department of the school for the sudden change in financial circumstance. Maybe the school might find grant money? Most likely they will find a loan for child. Sucks.

Downsizing is the new normal, and has been since the 80's. Workers are a commodity. Mgmnt may feel bad, but they can't stop it, even if they wanted to. Its just business. You are a line item cost expense that will be kept or eliminated.

May you land back on your feet doing something better.

good advice....your son can pay for his own college too and work while in school. It builds character and kids tend to make sure they get a meaningful degree that can actually help them get a job.

You tell your son that this is what happens when YOU fail to plan ahead. You have had 18 years to save for college and you intend to use your current paycheck to pay the bill? Stop living beyond your means and live in the real world. You need a reality check and I imagine your son does too.
Could you be any more rude?

How in the hell do you know what they are going through, damn people like you are quick to judge but remember my dick-less friend, karma will find you and bite you squarely in the nuts, and I hope I find out so we can say........how does it feel!!!!! Such a prick....

After 15+ years in pharma, I got the call on Wednesday. I'm done - retiring! I have to say, over the last few years, it has gotten harder and harder to do this job (mentally, anyway). Access is rapidly declining, while field rides with managers keep increasing. (Three and four times a month??? When I started in the industry, I saw my manager three or four times A YEAR.). And recently I have been spending $200+ for the opportunity for a remote "engagement" at lunch - turns out to be 6-7 minutes with a decile 9 or 10 provider. Why do it at all? Activity, of course!! Most of my decile 1 and 2 providers either refused all together to ever remote, or they are now tired of doing them, or, (more likely,) they now know they can get lunch, samples, and shove the detail off on the 2 day a week NP who doesn't write squat. It's a win for the office!! I really don't know what this job will look like post COVID, and in many ways, I'm glad I don't have to find out.

So to all those who were displaced, I'm sorry. Kinda stings, doesn't it? It hurts your pride. I always thought I'd dance a jig when I got "the call" - turns out, I almost cried. It really is a loss. But all in all, this has been a good gig. I've raised a family, met some great people, and taken some wonderful trips, all free of charge. And I know in my heart that the person(s) that will now have my territory aren't anywhere near as good a salesperson as I was. But no regrets. I hope you all find engaging, interesting, and financially rewarding work. Stay safe, stay healthy, have a good holiday. God bless and goodbye (forever) to Cafepharma!

After 15+ years in pharma, I got the call on Wednesday. I'm done - retiring! I have to say, over the last few years, it has gotten harder and harder to do this job (mentally, anyway). Access is rapidly declining, while field rides with managers keep increasing. (Three and four times a month??? When I started in the industry, I saw my manager three or four times A YEAR.). And recently I have been spending $200+ for the opportunity for a remote "engagement" at lunch - turns out to be 6-7 minutes with a decile 9 or 10 provider. Why do it at all? Activity, of course!! Most of my decile 1 and 2 providers either refused all together to ever remote, or they are now tired of doing them, or, (more likely,) they now know they can get lunch, samples, and shove the detail off on the 2 day a week NP who doesn't write squat. It's a win for the office!! I really don't know what this job will look like post COVID, and in many ways, I'm glad I don't have to find out.

So to all those who were displaced, I'm sorry. Kinda stings, doesn't it? It hurts your pride. I always thought I'd dance a jig when I got "the call" - turns out, I almost cried. It really is a loss. But all in all, this has been a good gig. I've raised a family, met some great people, and taken some wonderful trips, all free of charge. And I know in my heart that the person(s) that will now have my territory aren't anywhere near as good a salesperson as I was. But no regrets. I hope you all find engaging, interesting, and financially rewarding work. Stay safe, stay healthy, have a good holiday. God bless and goodbye (forever) to Cafepharma!

Excellent sign off. Congratulations.
A good attitude will carry you far.

The above vet pharma rep knows exactly what he or she is talking about. Over time, this job has become mindless with metrics being the norm. We do lunches with low ranking offices to show activity nothing more. We have DM's who know very little about this industry and can't coach worth a damn. We have lost our good reputation as an industry over time so now access to providers is declining rapidly. So why do we stay? We stay because the job is easy, pays well, lots of freedom and great benefits. We also know we can't duplicate our salary anywhere else. Oh I forgot the annual December layoffs we have to live with. OK I'm done bitching what I wrote above you all know. I'm staying until I get the pink slip. I play the game and make believe I'm motivated. I give them whatever metrics they want. My advice to all...start a business on AZ's time. Think smart. Above all tell NO ONE about this side gig. Too many backstabbers out there that would sell you out. Want some suggestions? Any coin operated business...laundry, self storage facility, vending machines, etc. Like music be a DJ. Ebay sales. Be creative. Use your imagination. There are so many reps in this company and in this industry with their head in the sands. They pray they will never get laid off yet they complain constantly. When they do get laid off you can hear them cry and scream how unfair it is. I'm sorry but they didn't plan for the future. I've been around here for a long time and have many friends I wish you all well and start thinking about what I said.

Above Post:

You said it honestly, and with your gut. Looks like you did a good job. Thanks for your hard work.
I retired from AZ in 2013. It was very good, and the pay and extra's was nice as you said. But this virus thing should clear up by the end of 2021, and hopefully the offices will get somewhat back to normal. Remember, you will need health ins. and such. So, regroup and see what you can do, to make some money. I was in pharma 32 years. I loved it. Good Luck to you.

How in the hell do you know what they are going through, damn people like you are quick to judge but remember my dick-less friend, karma will find you and bite you squarely in the nuts, and I hope I find out so we can say........how does it feel!!!!! Such a prick....

Karma doesn’t hit these White Boys. They just call their boys at other companies and the saga continues.

Being a White Male in America sure has its perks doesn’t it!