• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

Lay-off Info Post Here

The criteria almost ALWAYS comes down to cost, how long do we really think these companies will keep reps who can't see doctors anymore especiallyn when most of the PC doctors are doing more telemedicine now. Pfizer doing a big pilot program now with webinars, lunches delivered, then drop shipping samples...all automated.

figures. Pfizer is the epitome of big bad Pharma. They are THE WORST. AZ isn’t the best but you wanna talk about cutthroat don’t give a shit about anthing except the bottom line? Pfizer is the company for that! Have you seen what they are paying the people they’re hiring to set up those new virtual engagements? Pay $8-20/hour. Sickening.

figures. Pfizer is the epitome of big bad Pharma. They are THE WORST. AZ isn’t the best but you wanna talk about cutthroat don’t give a shit about anthing except the bottom line? Pfizer is the company for that! Have you seen what they are paying the people they’re hiring to set up those new virtual engagements? Pay $8-20/hour. Sickening.

I saw one of those posted it was a vaccine role. Any rep with experience wouldn't do that very long if at all. New folks will really struggle without knowing office staff. I think Pharma would love to move to a digital format, but I doubt it will ever take off. Most companies have tried virtual this year and and it's hitting the bottom line. Layoffs are picking up steam too.

Not the computer, but all white hr people decide the fate of employees. I am with AZ for more than 10 years and have seen only white hr people working with the senior managers. So it's white managers and white hr staff rule. The things are getting worse every day.

‘And that’s the way it should be.

Not the computer, but all white hr people decide the fate of employees. I am with AZ for more than 10 years and have seen only white hr people working with the senior managers. So it's white managers and white hr staff rule. The things are getting worse every day.

I was told it was HR and the EBD that collaborated on who got cut. I know we have a regional HR touchpoint and I'm curious if they were involved. Most reps do not have interaction with the EBD or HR so how did they determine "skills" and "sustained performance"? My team carried our district all year and we were all wiped out yesterday. They replaced us with people that live out of state! Those folks can't be too happy about the outcome because now they have significant overnight travel. They also retained someone who just started in July! Every other week they will have to do at least two over nights to cover the territory properly. How is that a cost savings? And they will have no quality of life with all the windshield time they are going to endure. Who made these bone head decisions? And to keep folks who just started with the company? Unreal.

I was told it was HR and the EBD that collaborated on who got cut. I know we have a regional HR touchpoint and I'm curious if they were involved. Most reps do not have interaction with the EBD or HR so how did they determine "skills" and "sustained performance"? My team carried our district all year and we were all wiped out yesterday. They replaced us with people that live out of state! Those folks can't be too happy about the outcome because now they have significant overnight travel. They also retained someone who just started in July! Every other week they will have to do at least two over nights to cover the territory properly. How is that a cost savings? And they will have no quality of life with all the windshield time they are going to endure. Who made these bone head decisions? And to keep folks who just started with the company? Unreal.

i also heard that EBDs had input, but no one else beneath that. we had both newer and very well-tenured people in our get area let go.

What difference if the rep is just making phone calls and ordering lunch to be delivered? They can live anywhere, or the home office.

They lie about everything. Period. You can't trust anyone....not even people who you think are your friends. The shameless self promotion that goes on 24/7 is nauseating, but you have to sit there and watch it. You really think Ruud is going to give it to you straight? What a joke. Makes you want to puke. AZ is for losers. The sooner you figure that out the better.

If you have moved on, it seems odd that a decade later you still check cafe pharma. I hope that doesn’t happen to me.

It’s gratifying to see the asshat manager that I once reported to - who I now make more than - go through this repeatedly. Someday you’ll understand. AZ is a McDonald’s job.

They lie about everything. Period. You can't trust anyone....not even people who you think are your friends. The shameless self promotion that goes on 24/7 is nauseating, but you have to sit there and watch it. You really think Ruud is going to give it to you straight? What a joke. Makes you want to puke. AZ is for losers. The sooner you figure that out the better.
500 people are laid off. But AZ saved all leaders of those teams. How ridiculous is that! How can they dare to send e-mail to all employees announcing that all leaders of those laid off staff are getting new positions and promotions! And all of them, but one is white! The world is watching!

500 people are laid off. But AZ saved all leaders of those teams. How ridiculous is that! How can they dare to send e-mail to all employees announcing that all leaders of those laid off staff are getting new positions and promotions! And all of them, but one is white! The world is watching!

it is pretty disgusting, tactless, and thoughtless. personally i couldn't care less who is white or not ... i just think its absurdly insensitive to send something like that the day after they just showed 500 people the door.

it is pretty disgusting, tactless, and thoughtless. personally i couldn't care less who is white or not ... i just think its absurdly insensitive to send something like that the day after they just showed 500 people the door.
My son worked his butt off to be selected to attend Yale in the Fall 2021. Now, I am laid off and what do I tell him? State U is the choice because of finances?!?!? Pascal and Ruud are the worst and they should be ASHAMED of their actions!! How can they sleep at night knowing the destruction they have caused?!?!?!?

My son worked his butt off to be selected to attend Yale in the Fall 2021. Now, I am laid off and what do I tell him? State U is the choice because of finances?!?!? Pascal and Ruud are the worst and they should be ASHAMED of their actions!! How can they sleep at night knowing the destruction they have caused?!?!?!?
You tell your son that this is what happens when you over utilize punctuation and become a pharma rep.

Tell you son that a part-time job and 2 years at the community college will make him a better man. Life is a beeeetch! Kind Regards, Pascal & Ruud(y)

It's a slap on the face of all employees. Those who are laid off and those who are still there. It tells employees that "we don;t care about you. all we care about are those senior managers who we saved and giving promotions, while you lose your paychecks". And AZ says its a great place to work!

My manager told me it is business as usual. Really? Do they have any feelings left in them?

I'm sure they sleep quite well, in fact.. on feather pillows and luxury 1000 thread count egyptian cotton sheets. In their second homes.

On another note.. I'd be interested to learn when leadership is actually going to start living the values they preach????????? because right now things aint lookin so good.

we follow the science by combining products that have been on market for years and rebranding them.
we put patients first by pulling samples of our #1 drug because now we have a new product to push.
we play to win, so we pull share of voice out of specialty offices.
we do the right thing by laying off 25% of our salespeople with absolutely no warning right before Christmas.
we are entrepreneurial so we monkey see monkey do everything that gsk does.

Every rep will get a call letting them know if they have been retained or displaced but the order is totally up to the manager.

Looks like the Fed Ex notice is a bad sign - I have one and I have been displaced.

My stats: I have been with AZ since 2005, Exec Resp PSS in Texas.

I’m some areas they have cut all the Diabetes DSMs and kept the Respiratory DSMs and other areas it’s the opposite.

But it does sound like Diabetes reps are getting hit harder than Respiratory. I think the 3-4 person teams could have made them more vulnerable.