• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

Lay-off Info Post Here

You tell your son that this is what happens when YOU fail to plan ahead. You have had 18 years to save for college and you intend to use your current paycheck to pay the bill? Stop living beyond your means and live in the real world. You need a reality check and I imagine your son does too.
How dare you lecture a proud but distressed father!! You don't know anything about them and how they live. The troll creeps are disgusting!

You tell your son that this is what happens when YOU fail to plan ahead. You have had 18 years to save for college and you intend to use your current paycheck to pay the bill? Stop living beyond your means and live in the real world. You need a reality check and I imagine your son does too.

Good for your child's acceptance. Have them contact the fnancial aid department of the school for the sudden change in financial circumstance. Maybe the school might find grant money? Most likely they will find a loan for child. Sucks.

Downsizing is the new normal, and has been since the 80's. Workers are a commodity. Mgmnt may feel bad, but they can't stop it, even if they wanted to. Its just business. You are a line item cost expense that will be kept or eliminated.

May you land back on your feet doing something better. [/QUOTE]

Two quotes, one from a kind hearted person offering ideas and solutions. Another from a "tuff love" person.

I agree with both. 33+ years in this business. Retired and thankful.
BUT, I sent two children with limited grant and no financial aid given income level to two high quality private colleges with 5 of 8 years overlap. One was getting a medical degree and the other law. Saved a shit ton before the oldest entered school, lived well below our means in terms of home, etc. items to have the CASH. Glad I did cause it cost over $450,000 out of pocket in the early part of this century. So, best of luck to the impacted people with real family aspirations and financial hurdles.

My advice, if you aren't into "faith" that tells you not to be like this: act like our pharma corporate executives. They are political, power and wealth wolves. Trust me, they have a blood lust for power, control and wealth. Just harness a fraction and you'll be ok wherever cause you'll understand "hourly" or these "salary" type jobs is not where the real money is made and kept. Good luck.