• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Immunology Sales Position

Senior DM here: I just read this post and am frankly OUTRAGED by the crap this f'ing idiot dickhead posted. My boys all make $130-145K plus bonus. When I interview for a position I provide full disclosure. I also cover for my poor performers (laggards) so that they meet their numbers. The DM is the core of this company and make no mistake, almost any sales rep (some merely shelf stockers) can be replaced with a high school grad and some training by the DM.

No way that this post is real. You have no women on your team? You have found a way to manipulate data so that your reps meet their numbers? If you’re trying to be funny… This post is fucking hilarious! If you are seriously in a management role, you sir… are a clown show on fire

Senior DM here: I just read this post and am frankly OUTRAGED by the crap this f'ing idiot dickhead posted. My boys all make $130-145K plus bonus. When I interview for a position I provide full disclosure. I also cover for my poor performers (laggards) so that they meet their numbers. The DM is the core of this company and make no mistake, almost any sales rep (some merely shelf stockers) can be replaced with a high school grad and some training by the DM.

How exactly do you cover for your poor performers?? By lying and manipulating numbers? Do you actually get in the field and make calls for your poor performers? Didn't you hire these 'poor performers'?? Sounds like you're one crap of a so called Sr. DM. Do you really think business would stop and Abbvie would collapse if you were and the rest of the District Managers were gone? You're delusional. Docs write bc of the product and their relationships with reps. I agree with the post you responded to, District Managers esp here at Abbvie are absolutely useless. What impact do any DM make with the rep, business or offices??? Absolutely nothing! All DMs are good for is collecting and reviewing expense reports to fw to accounting and that's it.

District managers are nowhere near necessary in Pharma. DMs can be fired, replaced, long gone and guess what NO ONE WOULD EVEN NOTICE! So get real! . You're delusional as f*&*.

Senior DM here: There are many unfair and totally false attacks on DM leadership in previous dickhead posts. My boys are well compensated and YES it includes a female rep. Plan to recruit one or two female newbies in 1Q2019. May lack appropriate experience but must be trainable.

As you know DMs are the core of the sales force and we carry the load for the sales force including the laggards by doing mandatory ride-alongs when they miss their numbers. They generally appreciate the help and correct their techniques with the docs etc. Those who fail to improve are simply put on report for a PIP. That gives formal notice thru HR that they will be terminated with cause and given to further job recomendations if they do not improve drastically fast.

Given the intensity of the backlash from the previous posters I assume they are losers and deserve no further attention.

t

Senior DM here: There are many unfair and totally false attacks on DM leadership in previous dickhead posts. My boys are well compensated and YES it includes a female rep. Plan to recruit one or two female newbies in 1Q2019. May lack appropriate experience but must be trainable.

As you know DMs are the core of the sales force and we carry the load for the sales force including the laggards by doing mandatory ride-alongs when they miss their numbers. They generally appreciate the help and correct their techniques with the docs etc. Those who fail to improve are simply put on report for a PIP. That gives formal notice thru HR that they will be terminated with cause and given to further job recomendations if they do not improve drastically fast.

Given the intensity of the backlash from the previous posters I assume they are losers and deserve no further attention.

t

Bahahahaaa! Wow what a crock of sh**. Maybe this is why reps are leaving Abbvie. I feel sorry for the reps on your team. I'm curious what any district managers contributed on field rides LOL Seriously what impact do you make? The field rides are annoying, useless and makes ZERO impact and lastly it's embarrassing. Most of the DM's here are horrible at selling anything. We market in pharma, we don't sell so get over it.

FYI docs hate when we bring idiotic DM's in offices so quit with the useless field rides and subjective FCR's. It makes us look bad and we lose scripts each time you step in their offices!

Bahahahaaa! Wow what a crock of sh**. Maybe this is why reps are leaving Abbvie. I feel sorry for the reps on your team. I'm curious what any district managers contributed on field rides LOL Seriously what impact do you make? The field rides are annoying, useless and makes ZERO impact and lastly it's embarrassing. Most of the DM's here are horrible at selling anything. We market in pharma, we don't sell so get over it.

FYI docs hate when we bring idiotic DM's in offices so quit with the useless field rides and subjective FCR's. It makes us look bad and we lose scripts each time you step in their offices!

I agree. Having a leader watch an employee do their work is demeaning, unless - the employee is completely new. Then, that is acceptable. Most Pharma reps have experience. Leaders need to spend more time on tactics, business plans and aligning actions to results. Stop playing peek-a-boo with staff in offices.

t
Now Captain Clownshow is trying to be a sympathetic figure? Chest thumping dinosaur to wounded narcissist?! We’re running out of cliches.

Was contacted by recruiter for open position and was told base pay 90k-100k with bonus payout of 30-40k. Is this accurate or another recruiter exaggerating compensation. Thank you for honest feedback.

Depends on your experience - that will dictate the base salary pay. Bonus if 30-40k probably a year not for a quarter. Your bonus will be dependent on all the specialty pharmacies that report and all the hospital 340B pharmacies that report. Currently prescribing pharmacists are blocked from IC so you won’t get credit there. You really need to ask and make sure all those pharmacies are getting reported if they aren’t and your quota is set pretty high you’ll be screwed and make hardly any bonus

Worst embarrassment of a DM on ride alongs is a retired DM from Seattle! So happy everyday their ass is retired and out of here!

I agree. Having a leader watch an employee do their work is demeaning, unless - the employee is completely new. Then, that is acceptable. Most Pharma reps have experience. Leaders need to spend more time on tactics, business plans and aligning actions to results. Stop playing peek-a-boo with staff in offices.

Very much agree with your post. Almost all reps have experience at this level with various specialty exp. Job descriptions almost always requires a level of experience, yet district managers treat reps like children here! Horrible way to manage and highly ineffective. Pharma all together needs to stop the field rides and instead have quarterly territory meetings with the DM presentations on how to collectively drive business in THEIR territory.
Totally agree on district managers working on strategies, business plans etc instead of the meaningless field rides. Like another poster said, managers here are useless!

Sweetness, is that the best YOU can do??? It's no wonder YOU refuse to answer questions! Like I said, YOU have NO CREDIBILITY! But we can always leave it up to YOU to increase the VIEW count by posting several times each day! Thank you so much now let THEIR nutz hang on my chin.

Very much agree with your post. Almost all reps have experience at this level with various specialty exp. Job descriptions almost always requires a level of experience, yet district managers treat reps like children here! Horrible way to manage and highly ineffective. Pharma all together needs to stop the field rides and instead have quarterly territory meetings with the DM presentations on how to collectively drive business in THEIR territory.
Totally agree on district managers working on strategies, business plans etc instead of the meaningless field rides. Like another poster said, managers here are useless!

Senior DM here (again): Had to rebut the total lunacy being posted by apparent rank & file reps. The ride-along is an essential tool to grade the performance of the field team to provide ranking and recommendations to Senior Leadership (regional and above) about who to promote. That said, realize it can be a bit embarrassing when the DM outperforms the rep on his own turf. But this happens frequently and has the effect of motivating the rep to 'step it up a notch'. We DMs spend remainder of our time strategizing and planning.

Senior DM here (again): Had to rebut the total lunacy being posted by apparent rank & file reps. The ride-along is an essential tool to grade the performance of the field team to provide ranking and recommendations to Senior Leadership (regional and above) about who to promote. That said, realize it can be a bit embarrassing when the DM outperforms the rep on his own turf. But this happens frequently and has the effect of motivating the rep to 'step it up a notch'. We DMs spend remainder of our time strategizing and planning.

"Essential tool to grade the performance"? You're a self-important tool, just like so many DMs. The problem is that too many people get into management not because they're qualified to coach others (or even want to be a coach), but because they want to control. It's a power trip. Look at the words you use in your post: "lunacy being posted by...rank & file reps", "essential tool to grade", "DM outperforms the rep on his own turf", "has the effect of motivating the rep to step it up a notch". Like I said, you're a tool on a power trip that isn't a real coach. I've been in the pharma industry for 20 years (12 in Oncology) and have never wanted to be a manager despite the many opportunities I've had to become one. I like my accounts too much to sit on the sidelines pushing paperwork. Don't make the assumption you're better than your reps, or any reps, just because of your title. The real measure of your success as a manager is what your reps say about you. Judging by your attitude, I imagine their feedback wouldn't be positive.

What a fuck nut. Nothing is “essential” about you staring at a conversation. What is essential is your guidance and leadership in business planning and exectution. Gather some original fucking ideas to lead your team.

No one give a shit about field travel, unless reps are new. Get your head right. Calibration...Really, that is why we FT? Fuck nut. And that is how and why we promote people? Because they take you to a milk run provider... Embarrased that you are a leader in this company. Sell fucking insurance.

"Essential tool to grade the performance"? You're a self-important tool, just like so many DMs. The problem is that too many people get into management not because they're qualified to coach others (or even want to be a coach), but because they want to control. It's a power trip. Look at the words you use in your post: "lunacy being posted by...rank & file reps", "essential tool to grade", "DM outperforms the rep on his own turf", "has the effect of motivating the rep to step it up a notch". Like I said, you're a tool on a power trip that isn't a real coach. I've been in the pharma industry for 20 years (12 in Oncology) and have never wanted to be a manager despite the many opportunities I've had to become one. I like my accounts too much to sit on the sidelines pushing paperwork. Don't make the assumption you're better than your reps, or any reps, just because of your title. The real measure of your success as a manager is what your reps say about you. Judging by your attitude, I imagine their feedback wouldn't be positive.

Senior DM here: A lot of verbiage but no meat. To achieve the status of DM (or higher) one must prove him/her self worthy and be a performer dedicated to Company growth and development of others. The promotion metrics are rigid and moving up is not a function of 'time in place'. Yes the Company is always looking for innovators, out of the box strategic thinkers, golden sales personalities, and dedication to grow the bottom line, ie .,all qualities of a successful employee.. To be so many years in sales is most likely an indictment of your 'coach' for not advocating for your promotion (and the generous bonus package for a DM), including the enormous one time bonus when you are promoted.. Question..is your DM holding back your career? Back to the ride-along.....is there a better tool to rate your performance?? Doubt it.

Senior DM here: A lot of verbiage but no meat. To achieve the status of DM (or higher) one must prove him/her self worthy and be a performer dedicated to Company growth and development of others. The promotion metrics are rigid and moving up is not a function of 'time in place'. Yes the Company is always looking for innovators, out of the box strategic thinkers, golden sales personalities, and dedication to grow the bottom line, ie .,all qualities of a successful employee.. To be so many years in sales is most likely an indictment of your 'coach' for not advocating for your promotion (and the generous bonus package for a DM), including the enormous one time bonus when you are promoted.. Question..is your DM holding back your career? Back to the ride-along.....is there a better tool to rate your performance?? Doubt it.
Thanks for the laugh! I needed it.

Your post and quite frankly almost all dm's here probably thinks the same like you, like a complete nut job. You need to really snap back to reality! You spend your time strategizing and planning?? Lmao... since when and how?? You're clearly delusional along with the other biologic DM's here.