Idorsia contract

Not to mention more people eliminated or leave on their own from districts the more the remaining reps will be subjected to in increased field rides (that already too frequent) to placate management need for field time.

Not to mention more people eliminated or leave on their own from districts the more the remaining reps will be subjected to in increased field rides (that already too frequent) to placate management need for field time.

only in the short term. eventually, fewer reps will mean DSMs. If each district shrinks by a third (or more!) two DSMs can cover what currently takes three. ..You don't need a DSM for just 7 reps, esp. when you have just one drug. In my district two people found other jobs and are about to give notice and three more are actively looking and are eager to jump off. ..This is what happens when you start threatening people w/ performance letters just 3 1/2 mos. in.

Thinking field rides are helpful is so old school. ..In reality, they hurt access AND performance by redirecting reps attention toward setting up milk-runs. In our region the district w/ the most scripts has had the fewest field rides. Hmmmm...

only in the short term. eventually, fewer reps will mean DSMs. If each district shrinks by a third (or more!) two DSMs can cover what currently takes three. ..You don't need a DSM for just 7 reps, esp. when you have just one drug. In my district two people found other jobs and are about to give notice and three more are actively looking and are eager to jump off. ..This is what happens when you start threatening people w/ performance letters just 3 1/2 mos. in.

Thinking field rides are helpful is so old school. ..In reality, they hurt access AND performance by redirecting reps attention toward setting up milk-runs. In our region the district w/ the most scripts has had the fewest field rides. Hmmmm...

I have around 8rx and manager is telling me I need to catch up to national average. I thought the goal was 133nrx which means the entire country is behind and they come up with this bogus moving goal.

Some people on my team got the warning letter. I don't think this is inspiring any of them to do better. They are just now looking for jobs, which maybe the company wanted with this letter. The problem is that performing reps now don't trust the company not knowing what new "number" they pick next. So, morale is deflated across my whole team who just wants out.

Unfortunately this is typical for contracts. They hire 500-600 people to get the word out knowing they will cut half of the sales force in 3 months. In 3 more months they will cut half of the remaining reps. Once they start talking about, “You need x amount of rx to be safe” it’s over. Now is the time to start looking.

Unfortunately this is typical for contracts. They hire 500-600 people to get the word out knowing they will cut half of the sales force in 3 months. In 3 more months they will cut half of the remaining reps. Once they start talking about, “You need x amount of rx to be safe” it’s over. Now is the time to start looking.

Had I known that taking this job was really just a "try out" for a few months, I wouldn't have taken it. It feels like we are auditioning. Is this more common with start ups? I have not had this experience with top pharma companies, both contract and direct.

Had I known that taking this job was really just a "try out" for a few months, I wouldn't have taken it. It feels like we are auditioning. Is this more common with start ups? I have not had this experience with top pharma companies, both contract and direct.

No, not all start up companies are like this……. company wide PIPs 3 months post launch is ?

So if the "PIP" people off of this Idorsia project, does that mean Syneos will never hire them for another contract w/ a different company??

Would be easy to say "well, why would you want to work for Syneos again?" ..Well, because not all of the Syneos's partnerships have been this horrible. I know people on other projects who are reasonably happy.

Too bad there’s not a novel new drug/company that wants to hire 400 plus reps. It’s pretty pathetic when reality is that 3:4 reps would leave if given the opportunity. And the managers shout from the hilltops how wonderful this long term opportunity is. Yeah, right. Maybe from the ones that just had a lobotomy.
Can their be just one DSM on this thread be bold enough speak the truth?

So if the "PIP" people off of this Idorsia project, does that mean Syneos will never hire them for another contract w/ a different company??

Would be easy to say "well, why would you want to work for Syneos again?" ..Well, because not all of the Syneos's partnerships have been this horrible. I know people on other projects who are reasonably happy.

I am wondering the same. I think this is the big question on people's minds who were put on a PIP, or fear they are about to. Especially if you have performed well for Syneos before. Are they really going to not take us back after just one bad performance of 12 weeks?! I don't think this is Syneos anyway. I think it's Idorsia doing this. I have been on a few other Syneos contracts and half the B.S. that has happened on this contract has never happened before. I would also think that if Idorsia wants to ruin people's abilities to have future employment with Syneos, or make it harder with other companies, then a law suit would be waiting to happen to show we were not given big enough territories for opportunity. The quota was 133. I don't know how lawful it is to change it to national average and put people on a PIP when they never even told us there was a change in quota to be considered "performing." Aren't we supposed to be told this in an IC or whatever? I don't even know what goal I am supposed to reaching, honestly.

Unfortunately, once you go on a plan even though it’s totally unjustified you could never work for Syneos again. I’m starting to think about contacting an attorney this was clearly poorly managed from top down from the beginning and this so-called PIP, after barely 4 months on the job seems incredibly misguided. We are held accountable for everything… from expense reports to stupid sign in sheets…Where is there accountability? Screw this place folks, Been in the business for 15 years this is the worst job I ever had

Unfortunately, once you go on a plan even though it’s totally unjustified you could never work for Syneos again. I’m starting to think about contacting an attorney this was clearly poorly managed from top down from the beginning and this so-called PIP, after barely 4 months on the job seems incredibly misguided. We are held accountable for everything… from expense reports to stupid sign in sheets…Where is there accountability? Screw this place folks, Been in the business for 15 years this is the worst job I ever had

Did you get actual confirmation that if put on a plan, you can never work for Syneos again? I thought about contacting HR to find out. Are we allowed to quit and go after other contracts? Syneos has got to know this is a bad contract. I can't imagine they would want to lose hundreds of good reps from their hiring pool and data base.

Did you get actual confirmation that if put on a plan, you can never work for Syneos again? I thought about contacting HR to find out. Are we allowed to quit and go after other contracts? Syneos has got to know this is a bad contract. I can't imagine they would want to lose hundreds of good reps from their hiring pool and data base.
Syneos HR is NOT your friend. They are completely beholden to the client and you are sadly disposable in their eyes