Idorsia contract

At least they changed the Comp Plan so we would all make money now? And now counting non targets. That's a start in the right direction.

The right direction should mean
searching elsewhere as fast as you can. Yeah, it may be a touch better, but how much $ will you lose in the process vs getting a pharma opportunity with a respectable base salary? Seriously, it’s way off. Way, way off.

Agreed. Maybe base is competitive for fresh out of college reps or with 1-2 years experience.
But looking at market norms, salary here based experience and tenure was not part of the deal.
Ever looked at medreps 2022 pharmaceutical representative salary survey?
Excellent to see what the industry averages are vs here. (Spoiler alert: you will be disappointed)

We were told on our district this morning that nobody is “safe”. They are looking at our call metrics, script volume, number of programs , number of lunches etc on a weekly basis. I am looking for something asap. This has been way too much stress for way too little pay. We have had two people from our district leave.

We were told on our district this morning that nobody is “safe”. They are looking at our call metrics, script volume, number of programs , number of lunches etc on a weekly basis. I am looking for something asap. This has been way too much stress for way too little pay. We have had two people from our district leave.

I have heard the opposite from my manager that they would like to keep everyone. It's hard to know if what you are saying is true if every manager is not saying this? Is your manager just trying to get your team to work harder based on fear?

Call metrics -- There are no set number of calls they ever said we had to do

Script volume -- We don't even know what the numbers are nationally and it appears most everyone is doing badly. Are they going to lay everyone off but a few people?

Number of lunches -- I am sure most are spending their entire budget which is very low. So, how can they look at number of lunches to determine anything? We are on a tight budget.

Programs -- You can't force offices to attend

I have heard the opposite from my manager that they would like to keep everyone. It's hard to know if what you are saying is true if every manager is not saying this? Is your manager just trying to get your team to work harder based on fear?

I think this is closer to the truth. For now, they want to prevent people from getting squirrelly and leaving in some haphazard and disorganized way. Even if a rep has just few (or even zero) scripts they are still engaged in prescriber-level marketing, getting the word out so doctors are knowledgeable once the ad campaign begins and patients start coming in and asking for the medication. .. Which is the point of of advertising

Eventually if (when?) the need arises to reduce headcount they will be tactical about what reps they let go and what territories they close. I think this is why there is an effort underway to assure people there are no layoffs in the foreseeable future and I believe they mean it. That said, I don’t think that alone will keep people from leaving. To prevent mass departures hey need to find a way to pay people a significant portion of their $9K bonus, regardless of how many scripts they have out. If they don’t do this then the only ones left will be those for whom the base salary was enough and was always enough. .. Gone will be the experienced reps they hired who were effectively getting the word out but were stuck in slow to grow territories. Those have been to presidents club, etc… with previous companies we’ll have no patience for getting a zero bonus payout

Your manager is trying to save their own ass by telling you this…. How do you think it looks it too many people on their team leave? They have to justify their jobs too.

Call metrics -- There are no set number of calls they ever said we had to do

Script volume -- We don't even know what the numbers are nationally and it appears most everyone is doing badly. Are they going to lay everyone off but a few people?

Number of lunches -- I am sure most are spending their entire budget which is very low. So, how can they look at number of lunches to determine anything? We are on a tight budget.

Programs -- You can't force offices to attend

You are an idiot if you don’t think everything is being looked at….

The 0-5 script people seem to be on the hot seat and they are being told it is unacceptable, getting weekly rides.alongs and checkin ins. It was insinuated that the performance has to significantly increase and they are not happy with the performance and something has to urgently change.

The 0-5 script people seem to be on the hot seat and they are being told it is unacceptable, getting weekly rides.alongs and checkin ins. It was insinuated that the performance has to significantly increase and they are not happy with the performance and something has to urgently change.

When was this? I am in this group and have not been told anything like this.

Is this only for 0-5 target scripts? Or, 0-5 including non target scripts?

Many of these "0-5 script people" should be flippin' furious at Idorsia's for putting them in those territories. ..If Idorsia/ Syneos did their research they would have known 450 reps is way too many and that access in many of these small territories is pretty much nil.