Idorsia contract

Wishing now I wouldn’t have taken the first job opportunity ( idorsia) that came along.
Would’ve been worth the wait to find something much better.
Feel like this job , with the unrealistic expectations is simultaneously a gut punch and a throat punch.
When are things going to improve?

Will anyone from management care to elaborate?

Do any managers feel they have been duped, or found that the stress here is almost unbearable?

Manager here. We too feel your frustrations and disappointment. Encouraging my team and keeping them motivated is getting more and more difficult. The morale is low and I’ve already lost two reps since the launch. Yes I feel as though we were “duped” as many have described on this board. The stress we are feeling as managers is expediently growing and the pressure from my regional is ridiculous. I’ve tried to spare my team from a lot of the BS but it’s getting harder to do that. Am I looking? Yes indeed. I had hope that things would settle in as time went on but this is not improving at all. Unrealistic expectations and poor leadership is what I see.

Manager here. We too feel your frustrations and disappointment. Encouraging my team and keeping them motivated is getting more and more difficult. The morale is low and I’ve already lost two reps since the launch. Yes I feel as though we were “duped” as many have described on this board. The stress we are feeling as managers is expediently growing and the pressure from my regional is ridiculous. I’ve tried to spare my team from a lot of the BS but it’s getting harder to do that. Am I looking? Yes indeed. I had hope that things would settle in as time went on but this is not improving at all. Unrealistic expectations and poor leadership is what I see.

Thank you for your honesty. It is reassuring to know it isn't just reps feeling this way. My manager is a great person. I don't blame the managers.

Do you think numbers will improve? Or, do you think they will reduce reps and/or end the contract at some point?

Manager:
If you are in fact a manager, thank you and a huge shout out to you for being real and speaking truth. So many need to hear this.

This is what I wish our next huddle call would be: total transparency about the current climate. You are absolutely correct. The morale is very low, and more than likely 3-4:10 in every territory are actively looking.
A lot of us are very concerned 6 weeks into launch. It seems like actual sales vs national goals at this point are very hush hush.
At the end of the day, most of us simply want job security in the uncertainty. And to provide for our families.

Manager:
If you are in fact a manager, thank you and a huge shout out to you for being real and speaking truth. So many need to hear this.

This is what I wish our next huddle call would be: total transparency about the current climate. You are absolutely correct. The morale is very low, and more than likely 3-4:10 in every territory are actively looking.
A lot of us are very concerned 6 weeks into launch. It seems like actual sales vs national goals at this point are very hush hush.
At the end of the day, most of us simply want job security in the uncertainty. And to provide for our families.
Your job security is directly related to rep-access of your key targets. That access is decreasing every as more and more clinics are owned by corporations that immediately install a "no-rep" policy. MN, WI and WA have become total nightmares for reps. My suggestion: Find something else if you are looking for job security. This is not it. There is not even a union protecting you! Hate to say it, but all of us are in a very precarious situation if sales are not there. It's that simple.

Your job security is directly related to rep-access of your key targets. That access is decreasing every as more and more clinics are owned by corporations that immediately install a "no-rep" policy. MN, WI and WA have become total nightmares for reps. My suggestion: Find something else if you are looking for job security. This is not it. There is not even a union protecting you! Hate to say it, but all of us are in a very precarious situation if sales are not there. It's that simple.

Although I agree that access is an issue w/pharma, I think there is more at play with this particular drug. Doctors are not interested in another DORA. Even if you were the best salesperson in the company with great access, I don't think it's going to help much. Belsomra and Dayvigo probably also had some very good reps, and with big company names backing them. They failed. Doctors don't see a need for a third in the class.
Add to it Vitacare and other problems and this is a mess (as everyone has been saying all over this board). I think it's beyond just an access issue.
I think there is still some security in pharma if you have a good drug that doctors want. Samples would help us see doctors face to face, too.

Although I agree that access is an issue w/pharma, I think there is more at play with this particular drug. Doctors are not interested in another DORA. Even if you were the best salesperson in the company with great access, I don't think it's going to help much. Belsomra and Dayvigo probably also had some very good reps, and with big company names backing them. They failed. Doctors don't see a need for a third in the class.
Add to it Vitacare and other problems and this is a mess (as everyone has been saying all over this board). I think it's beyond just an access issue.
I think there is still some security in pharma if you have a good drug that doctors want. Samples would help us see doctors face to face, too.
"Security in Pharma".... that was 30 years ago, when the independent practitioner was in charge of seeing reps and made appointments or saw reps between patient visits. Those times are gone. In those days, we had studies, although we also used a lot of materials that were not approved. But yes, another DORA does not help.Add to that coverage9 or absence thereof) by major medical plans. Basically, you guys are screwed. I am saying "you guys" because I recently retired. Won't miss this shit-show for one moment. Reps these days bring absolutely nothing to the table with their glossy sales aid as their main gun....

I have the impression a lot you have never launched a new product…true sales targets are challenging. But eventually in the coming months sales will go as word of mouth will do its work…keep the faith!

disagree. There is a difference b/w Q and the other DORA's that can impact how P's feel. And I don't get the hate aimed at V/C. These days most every drug is launched using a specialty pharmacy. It stinks that this is true, but it is. And V/C seems to work better than most.

As I see it the problem it they launched w/ too many mgrs and too reps and then told the reps precisely who to call on. ..Without regard to access issues. ..So now, in order to right-size the sales force they will likely cut hundreds of job which means hundreds of lives being damaged. ..But not before everyone is first made miserable by escalating pressure and micro-management.

The drug is good (but no blockbuster, for sure), but the strategy has been horrendous.

100% agree. Idorsia overhired. The AI doesn’t reflect the landscape of the playing field. Access is horrendous in large hospital
owned practices. The fact that we don’t get to drive business outside of our target list is ridiculous. The micromanaging has already started. Get out while you can.

Yes this had been the biggest debacle. Not getting paid on ALL makes this absolutely impossible to succeed. Just look at the other companies that didn’t make it with a DORA. We are not much different and the docs know it. Take this time to look for another opportunity while collecting your check. That’s what many are doing.

Yes this had been the biggest debacle. Not getting paid on ALL makes this absolutely impossible to succeed. Just look at the other companies that didn’t make it with a DORA. We are not much different and the docs know it. Take this time to look for another opportunity while collecting your check. That’s what many are doing.

Agree w/ point about being paid only on targets. ..Makes NO sense.

But docs "knowing" Q isn't different from other DORA's?? Well, that's only true if you don't make a point of clearly explaining what's different. ..That's kinda what we're paid to do.

Next to no one gets to promote a med that doesn't have competitors with same/similar MOA, so quit complaining about that. ..How many people here have sold diabetes, CV, or respiratory meds?? Well, pretty much all of those have same-MOA competitors.

Some (not all) of my docs have been very impressed w/ idea of a DORA that has a shorter half-life, hence reduced next day sleepiness. ..But it takes a while to find the right patient (commercial, failed on trazodone, etc...). So Idorsia needs to be more patient. And they should fire whoever insisted on 450 reps, calling on just targets, and NO sign-then-ship samples. I've had four offices tell me they won't write if they don't have samples.

In regards to targets - yes I agree we should be paid on dirt. But wave 1 did have the opportunity to remove and add as many targets as you’d like for about a month time frame.

And you got paid for doing nothing with no pressure from Feb-May. So that’s on your poor business acumen.

In regards to samples - patients are literally getting 30 days for free. That’s better than a sample. And makes sense given clinical data. If you can’t sell “free” then you may want to get out of sales all together.

Is it the best opportunity? No. Is it the worst? No. Are you getting outsold? Probably at this company and any other pharma you work for in the future bc the healthcare climate most likely is only getting more difficult.

Hope my unsolicited opinion helps.

In regards to targets - yes I agree we should be paid on dirt. But wave 1 did have the opportunity to remove and add as many targets as you’d like for about a month time frame.

And you got paid for doing nothing with no pressure from Feb-May. So that’s on your poor business acumen.

In regards to samples - patients are literally getting 30 days for free. That’s better than a sample. And makes sense given clinical data. If you can’t sell “free” then you may want to get out of sales all together.

Is it the best opportunity? No. Is it the worst? No. Are you getting outsold? Probably at this company and any other pharma you work for in the future bc the healthcare climate most likely is only getting more difficult.

Remove & add as many targets as you want……what a joke. Remove a max of 15 & add 15 out of 150 targets. Specialty sales allows for business acumen….. this is an entry level primary care sales position.