Idorsia contract

Sincerely hope every rep gets to the magic # of scripts T2.
But, if you don’t , the first bonus owed might be the best bonus—all things considered.

Some may not want to wait and explain in an interview , so what was your goal? 1XX scripts.
And how did you perform? Uuuugh 78 I think? So you got like 60% bonus? Yep.
Might be difficult to explain in an interview.
Seriously these are things to consider if it doesn’t get better and quickly!!

You just explain that no one performed in the nation and the drug was a bust. Simple.

That is not going to happen. We were told by management (both district and regional) that goals will not be adjusted and that the expectations will stand. It’s going to be impossible for anyone to reach that target goal. We can’t even get 2 damn scripts a week as a district.

Suggestion: if most of you, like me… took a huge pay cut to say “yes” here, may be time to brush up on those interview skills .
Or, simply get used to your base, with over 8% inflation….think you’re gonna get an 8% raise this year?
How long until more taken out of paycheck for “luxury” of a company vehicle?
Things to consider.

That is not going to happen. We were told by management (both district and regional) that goals will not be adjusted and that the expectations will stand. It’s going to be impossible for anyone to reach that target goal. We can’t even get 2 damn scripts a week as a district.

Well, of course they’re going to say that at this point.

I agree that they’ll have to amend the IC plan if they don’t want pretty much everyone to quit.

Suggestion: if most of you, like me… took a huge pay cut to say “yes” here, may be time to brush up on those interview skills .
Or, simply get used to your base, with over 8% inflation….think you’re gonna get an 8% raise this year?
How long until more taken out of paycheck for “luxury” of a company vehicle?
Things to consider.

Agree. Brush up the resume and Interviewing skills. This contract is not going to go far. I’m using this time to look for a better opportunity because I see the writing on the wall here. The bonus we get next week (let’s see if we get it ) will most likely be the largest one we will see. The scripts are not happening people.

I am so unhappy in my current Syneos role, because:

I don’t drive a fancy company car,
My base salary is only 80K,
my credit card for lunches doesn’t work correctly
my bonus pay out date is not clear
I do not get any scrubs
my DM drives along “coaching me”
…and I am not able to sell anything….

Would I sell better if the first 6 points were excellent?

No, because I suck big time!

Patient review on Reddit:
So I had to wait a few weeks to start it because I got my meds through the manufacturers assistance program and they straight up lied to me and told me they had mailed them out but didn’t actually mail them for 2 weeks. By the time they arrived I was on vacation.

I took my first dose last night and I gotta say it was incredible… I am never sleepy (tired all the time but not sleepy) and within 10 minutes of taking it I could feel my eyes getting heavy. After 30 mins or so it really kicked in and I resisted falling asleep bc of who I am as a person lol. When I was ready to go to sleep I closed my eyes and instantly passed out. I did not wake throughout the night at all. No weird dreams or anything.

I had really intense grogginess when I woke up today though, I slept for about 10 hours and it took me another two hours to be able to actually stand up (and that was only after taking my daily adderal). At first I couldn’t even hold my head up. I feel a bit wobbly/disoriented today like the med is still in my system a little too much.

I’m going to keep taking it for a few days though and see if things level out as my body gets used to it. I’m on the lower dose, 25mg. I tend to be really sensitive to meds so I might need to eventually try cutting the pill in half but I feel optimistic. Nothing has ever made me fall asleep as easily as this.

So let me get this straight ..at the lowest dose ( not the 50 mg we are all touting) the med we are selling to improve daytime functioning makes you unable to function in the daytime! That’s the icing on the cake for this shitshow!!

So let me get this straight ..at the lowest dose ( not the 50 mg we are all touting) the med we are selling to improve daytime functioning makes you unable to function in the daytime! That’s the icing on the cake for this shitshow!!

If you're going to generalize an experience of ONE person - knowing nothing about her concomitant medication, diet, etc.. - to the broader target population, then you have no business being in Pharma.

And if you remember the studies, it was the lower dose that did not improve daytime sleepiness. As counter-intuitive as that may be, that's what happened.

Having come to this role from the development side of the industry, I'd be one of the first to say that Q is actually legitimate (albeit not for every insomnia patient by any stretch of the imagination - pharmacodynamics at its finest). That's not to say that launching it isn't going to be an uphill battle, just simply that the molecule itself has all the potential in the world; as an Ambient patient myself, the transition was rough for the first few days, but has played out nicely with some proper titrating. And quite honestly, the folks over at Idorsia have been some of the most upstanding people I've ever had the opportunity to interact with. They know what they're talking about, have built their business on mission & principle so far as I can tell, and God only knows how much I wish my role would have been directly w/ them from the start.

Unfortunately, Syneos is an entirely different matter... I was cut today (6/10) for committing "egregious errors". For the life of me, I still have no clarity on such whatsoever. This was my first commercial sales role, a fact known from my very first interview. As I come from a niche specialty background, the journey to get here was incredibly difficult... I worked months to break into this side of the industry, went through hundreds of interviews and applications just to get here, only to be left completely dumbfounded & scrambling to pick up the pieces of a broken puzzle, all while trying to support my family. And the cherry on top? To be told that I would not be receiving a single penny of IC pay despite having accomplished all related tasks at a satisfactory level.

With the exception of those involved in my termination, I am grateful to have met so many wonderful folks, and I truly hope tides change so that all involved on this contract are able to benefit from having been involved with such... at least until every one of those who see the writing on the wall are able to find a way out to greener pasture.

Idorsia won't sink this ship, but Syneos surely will.

Having come to this role from the development side of the industry, I'd be one of the first to say that Q is actually legitimate (albeit not for every insomnia patient by any stretch of the imagination - pharmacodynamics at its finest). That's not to say that launching it isn't going to be an uphill battle, just simply that the molecule itself has all the potential in the world; as an Ambient patient myself, the transition was rough for the first few days, but has played out nicely with some proper titrating. And quite honestly, the folks over at Idorsia have been some of the most upstanding people I've ever had the opportunity to interact with. They know what they're talking about, have built their business on mission & principle so far as I can tell, and God only knows how much I wish my role would have been directly w/ them from the start.

Unfortunately, Syneos is an entirely different matter... I was cut today (6/10) for committing "egregious errors". For the life of me, I still have no clarity on such whatsoever. This was my first commercial sales role, a fact known from my very first interview. As I come from a niche specialty background, the journey to get here was incredibly difficult... I worked months to break into this side of the industry, went through hundreds of interviews and applications just to get here, only to be left completely dumbfounded & scrambling to pick up the pieces of a broken puzzle, all while trying to support my family. And the cherry on top? To be told that I would not be receiving a single penny of IC pay despite having accomplished all related tasks at a satisfactory level.

With the exception of those involved in my termination, I am grateful to have met so many wonderful folks, and I truly hope tides change so that all involved on this contract are able to benefit from having been involved with such... at least until every one of those who see the writing on the wall are able to find a way out to greener pasture.

Managers have no accountability and they could do what ... obviously your manager wanted you out because if they wanted to protect you, it could have easily been done.

Well, of course they’re going to say that at this point.

I agree that they’ll have to amend the IC plan if they don’t want pretty much everyone to quit.

the IC plan being amended is too common at Syneos. Starting with one set of rules to play by and ending up being paid on reactive amendments is just another way of pissing on our legs and telling us it’s raining.

I have taken both doses and the 25 is fatiguing and the 50 seems to not make me fatigued. Weird deal

whats ridiculous is reps wearing scrubs selling a third to market drug with not much differentiation with expectations that are freaking unattainable.

Exactly. Wearing scubs in office based doctors is a complete joke and embarrassment. Youre not calling on hospitals. Wear a suit minus the tie and youll look the part.

Someone talking sense on this board…
Idorsia is great…Syneos seems to fxxx up things! This should be reported to Idorsia!!! People stand up!!!