Idorsia contract

Our boss wont let us wear scrubs, but yet we don't get paid enough to pay for drycleaning. This is the worst sales job with highest expectations on a “me too” drug that might be 5-10% better on side effects but yet cost 100 times more than a generic. Only metropolitan territories will survive once they start cutting.

"Me too drug" ? Sounds like you want a drug that sells itself. ..Maybe it's time for you to give up pharma sales and go work at an Apple Store. And Q is not a "me too" drug. ..It's different and it's a rep's job to make those diffs meaningful. ..That's what reps are paid to do. NO drug sells itself. If you're holding out for a "blockbuster" drug, you'll likely be waiting a long time. There aren't that many.

As for not allowing scrubs, I agree that it's ridiculous. Drs. aren't impressed by ties and tailored suits. And patients regard expensively dressed reps with suspicion. Scrubs are fine. So dress how you like and bust out the suit for field rides.

Sooo many of the gripes here on CP are half-baked.

Our boss wont let us wear scrubs, but yet we don't get paid enough to pay for drycleaning. This is the worst sales job with highest expectations on a “me too” drug that might be 5-10% better on side effects but yet cost 100 times more than a generic. Only metropolitan territories will survive once they start cutting.

Nailed it. All true!

"Me too drug" ? Sounds like you want a drug that sells itself. ..Maybe it's time for you to give up pharma sales and go work at an Apple Store. And Q is not a "me too" drug. ..It's different and it's a rep's job to make those diffs meaningful. ..That's what reps are paid to do. NO drug sells itself. If you're holding out for a "blockbuster" drug, you'll likely be waiting a long time. There aren't that many.

As for not allowing scrubs, I agree that it's ridiculous. Drs. aren't impressed by ties and tailored suits. And patients regard expensively dressed reps with suspicion. Scrubs are fine. So dress how you like and bust out the suit for field rides.

Sooo many of the gripes here on CP are half-baked.

whats ridiculous is reps wearing scrubs selling a third to market drug with not much differentiation with expectations that are freaking unattainable.

I think the whiners here are the exception. ..Most of those hired are great. ..But don't have time to post here.

I do believe that most of the people posting here have legitimate concerns and complaints. I’m glad that there are a few of you that are happy and content here. Most of the reps hired are very experienced and have been on other contracts OR displaced from a former company. We know what’s good and what isn’t. This has not been good. I do hope it gets better and that Q is a success. However, the concerns and issues people are having on a daily basis are legit. It’s crazy here and if you are not experiencing it then I’m happy for you. Many of us , as this feed shows, are not happy.

I do believe that most of the people posting here have legitimate concerns and complaints. I’m glad that there are a few of you that are happy and content here. Most of the reps hired are very experienced and have been on other contracts OR displaced from a former company. We know what’s good and what isn’t. This has not been good. I do hope it gets better and that Q is a success. However, the concerns and issues people are having on a daily basis are legit. It’s crazy here and if you are not experiencing it then I’m happy for you. Many of us , as this feed shows, are not happy.
This!

perfectly said. I too believe that there are more unhappy, disappointed and micromanaged reps here than “happy”. Nobody freaking knows what they are doing.

Does syneos have official workplace attire? Or is Idorsia in charge?
Time to bust out the golf shirts and khakis for the summer. Not reasonable to expect suit jackets. Reps have largely been dressing down for several years now.

Got a chuckle from last few comments ..but sad truth is this has been and continue to be a comedy of errors and unfortunately is now a joke that is on me. I understand I can and will be looking elsewhere (I had high hopes fo this opportunity )or be downsized soon not sure how much longer this can be sustained.

Yes I don’t think this has the potential to last long with the amount of reps they initially hired. Lackluster leadership at best causing everyone here to feel like we don’t know what in the hell is going on. Every day seems to bring a little more craziness to the picture. Our district is struggling with scripts and the pressure is going to keep mounting.

Yes I don’t think this has the potential to last long with the amount of reps they initially hired. Lackluster leadership at best causing everyone here to feel like we don’t know what in the hell is going on. Every day seems to bring a little more craziness to the picture. Our district is struggling with scripts and the pressure is going to keep mounting.

Yes indeed. This just gets better everyday! HA!

Sincerely hope every rep gets to the magic # of scripts T2.
But, if you don’t , the first bonus owed might be the best bonus—all things considered.

Some may not want to wait and explain in an interview , so what was your goal? 1XX scripts.
And how did you perform? Uuuugh 78 I think? So you got like 60% bonus? Yep.
Might be difficult to explain in an interview.
Seriously these are things to consider if it doesn’t get better and quickly!!

Sincerely hope every rep gets to the magic # of scripts T2.
But, if you don’t , the first bonus owed might be the best bonus—all things considered.

Some may not want to wait and explain in an interview , so what was your goal? 1XX scripts.
And how did you perform? Uuuugh 78 I think? So you got like 60% bonus? Yep.
Might be difficult to explain in an interview.
Seriously these are things to consider if it doesn’t get better and quickly!!

If (when?) it becomes clear almost no one will hit the magic 133, I bet they'll retroactively introduce other targets (execution, #spkr progs, etc..) into the T2 IC plan so they can get most reps back near the $9000 bonus payout. If they don't every rep will be actively looking for another job. Why? Because while it may be their plan to reduce the force, they'll want to dictate which geographies and the timetable. A mass rush for the doors won't do.