How 'bout that new IC Plan

anonymous

Novo must think we are all a bunch of dumb asses. So they are saying there is massive amounts of IC money left over from Q1 and very likely Q2. No kidding when hardly anyone achieved 100% GA or higher. However, the great IC masterminds are now saying for Q3 they are looking to make the payouts more lucrative which is great right? So if you're below goal at 90%, the payout percentage will be higher than previously etc... Rybelsus has greater P4P over 100% etc... This is all fantastic but irrelevant when they make the damn GOALS unattainable.

The reason there is excess IC budget isn't because they don't pay out enough, (don't get me wrong - I'll gladly take more money though), but it's because they have set unrealistic goals to begin with. It sounds all smoke and mirrors to me.

Rybelsus goals increased over 50% from Q1 to Q2. What do you think they will increase by when goals come out in the next few weeks?

<

Unattainable goals demotivate sales people. You can make bonus payout as high as you want, but if goals are inflated it won’t matter. Why was the Ozempic launch so successful? A great product and the ability for sales people to make lots of $$$ with very attainable goals. Rybelsus is a great product. Now make the goals attainable. It’s amazing how much more people will sell when they feel appreciated for their work as opposed to the constant beat down we get from management bc we “aren’t to goal.”

Novo must think we are all a bunch of dumb asses. So they are saying there is massive amounts of IC money left over from Q1 and very likely Q2. No kidding when hardly anyone achieved 100% GA or higher. However, the great IC masterminds are now saying for Q3 they are looking to make the payouts more lucrative which is great right? So if you're below goal at 90%, the payout percentage will be higher than previously etc... Rybelsus has greater P4P over 100% etc... This is all fantastic but irrelevant when they make the damn GOALS unattainable.

The reason there is excess IC budget isn't because they don't pay out enough, (don't get me wrong - I'll gladly take more money though), but it's because they have set unrealistic goals to begin with. It sounds all smoke and mirrors to me.

Rybelsus goals increased over 50% from Q1 to Q2. What do you think they will increase by when goals come out in the next few weeks?

The old “Unrealistic Goals” line…you must be a Career Rep who rode the coattails of your pod mates. Never been promoted. I’d fire you if you were on my team.

The reality is NNI is still paying the same IC. They have set goals so high that they haven’t paid out the IC budget, so essentially they are trying to pay out what has already been budgeted.

What a joke. Who owns ic anymore? Does this woman even know our business?

Do you even know your business?

This thread is an example of why everyone on the organization hates salespeople. All you ever want is to be paid more for producing less. There’s never been a goal that a sales rep didn’t cry that it was too high. When the company underperforms versus the forecast, then you underperform too. Period. Just shut the fuck up and go sell something if you want to make more bonus.

Do you even know your business?

This thread is an example of why everyone on the organization hates salespeople. All you ever want is to be paid more for producing less. There’s never been a goal that a sales rep didn’t cry that it was too high. When the company underperforms versus the forecast, then you underperform too. Period. Just shut the fuck up and go sell something if you want to make more bonus.
Agreed. Now there are some really poorly designed IC plans which don’t actually reward volume growth (which is ultimately what pays the bills), but the rybelsus plan is not that. But yeah, if the company doesn’t hit AB, then it’s going to be hard for the average rep to hit target. That’s just the way the math works.

What do you think a growth goal for a launch product should be? 5%?

The post isn't about what the launch product goal should be, (and of course it should be high), in my opinion. Doesn't matter anyway - we are all "non-essential". Except marketing. That department accounts for all of NNI success. SUSTAIN 7 is the answer to everything.

The post isn't about what the launch product goal should be, (and of course it should be high), in my opinion. Doesn't matter anyway - we are all "non-essential". Except marketing. That department accounts for all of NNI success. SUSTAIN 7 is the answer to everything.

The mktg dept if full of "sales experts" who are the "smart" ones , so sales should just shut up and do as they're told.

The mktg dept if full of "sales experts" who are the "smart" ones , so sales should just shut up and do as they're told.

In a way, yes. Marketing develops the strategy and Sales executes it. It has less to do with how “smart” someone is and more to do with your function in the company. Salespeople tend to overestimate their role compared to everyone else.

In a way, yes. Marketing develops the strategy and Sales executes it. It has less to do with how “smart” someone is and more to do with your function in the company. Salespeople tend to overestimate their role compared to everyone else.
How’s that Wegovy marketing strategy working out? Maybe y’all should talk to someone who sells in obesity next time.

How’s that Wegovy marketing strategy working out? Maybe y’all should talk to someone who sells in obesity next time.
Well said! You just won the post of the day! Marketing sat at their "home offices" in silos and created a strategy with little input from the Obesity side of the business. All management above the DM level with knowledge of the business was reassigned and the marketing team with obesity market knowledge was eliminated. This is what you get! A s-show!!

Let me guess what you wanted - better formulary coverage and/or a lower price. Sales people are always the same….

The issue isn’t with the data and it isn’t with the strategy. It’s with salespeople who can’t convince a customer to do anything that the customer hadn’t already decided to do before the salesperson showed up.

Let me guess what you wanted - better formulary coverage and/or a lower price. Sales people are always the same….

The issue isn’t with the data and it isn’t with the strategy. It’s with salespeople who can’t convince a customer to do anything that the customer hadn’t already decided to do before the salesperson showed up.

No. I wanted a fax that took less than 7 business days to hear back and a website that didn’t crash.

No. I wanted a fax that took less than 7 business days to hear back and a website that didn’t crash.

Do you think Marketing answers faxes and runs websites? Damn, man. You need to start learning something about your company. Also, look up the word “strategy” - I promise it has nothing to do with faxes and websites. If that’s all you’ve got, then your beef isn’t with Marketing.