• Mon news: Novartis Kisqali breast cancer trial. ESMO news: Bayer, Bristol Myers, Regeneron and more. Biosecure Act fallout. Boston Scientific/Silk Road merger. See more on our front page

Electric vehicle garage fire

The NTSB is launching an investigation for the first time into these battery fires. They can reach temperatures of over 1000 degrees. Enough of them have been happening in California to create a hazard to the public.

The fact that people don't realize the "environment" is being commoditized in order to extort money from people is absolutely shocking. A record $100 billion was confiscated in 2023 alone from taxpayers in the name of "climate change"

The fact that people don't realize the "environment" is being commoditized in order to extort money from people is absolutely shocking. A record $100 billion was confiscated in 2023 alone from taxpayers in the name of "climate change"
Then it's doing what its designed to do. It's a wealth transfer scheme.

Billy Blue the Swordfish Boat Captain paying an extra $1200 to register his diesel fishing boat isn't going to change the climate.

Whether or not I book a ticket and get on a place, the plane is still taking off.

You have to suspend your disbelief to a level that qualifies as clinical insanity to believe this BS.

To manufacture each EV battery, you must process

25,000 pounds of brine for the lithium

30,000 pounds of ore for the cobalt

5,000 pounds of ore for the nickel,

25,000 pounds of ore for copper Diging up 500,000 pounds of the earth's crust

For just - one - battery.

We MUST get rid of fossil fuels and embrace renewable energy. EVs are just the start - - -
July 7, the official temperature sensor at Harry Reid International Airport in Las Vegas climbed to 120 degrees.
That crushed the city's all-time record of 117 degrees, set in 1942 and tied in 2005, 2013, 2017 and 2021.

But that wasn't the end of it.

Vegas soared to 119 degrees two days later on July 9, then 118 degrees on July 10 and 11. They sweated through their four hottest days in 87 years of records, and a record seven straight days with highs of 115 degrees or more.

Perhaps what's most stunning about this is the airport sits about 1,000 feet higher in elevation and 250 miles northwest of Phoenix, Arizona. Phoenix has only reached 120 degrees three times in 130 years, and hasn't done so since July 1995.

Protect our children's future!
I was in Las Vegas back in 2008 in the summer. It is always 118 in LV in summer.

I’m supposed to be getting my charger installed soon and this is making me very hesitant. Is it an option to have the chargers installed outside? Not that I really want that eyesore in my yard either. This whole situation is so messed up. I envisioned myself staying at AZ for a while, but this might not make it possible for me to do so.
Who pays the electricity bill that will skyrocket because we need to charge our vehicles?

You chickenshits can stop soiling your panties now: Data Shows EVs are Less of a Fire Risk than Conventional Cars | Office of Environmental and Energy Coordination.

Fewer fires with EVs than gas powered cars. You have believed right-wing hysteria.

Furthermore, even if an EV is charged via 100% coal fired plants (somewhat rare in the US) it is still has a better carbon footprint than a fully gas powered vehicle because the motor is so much more efficient. Though a hybrid may have a lower footprint depending on the charging time of day. You don't have to worry about charging times if you have a level 2 charger at your house. It will charge plenty overnight unless you are driving over 200 mi per day. If you are driving that much then you may be better off with a gas or hybrid car.

You will love your EV. It has more instantaneous power, is quieter, requires much less maintenance and does not produce unpleasant fumes. Plus, you never have to stop for gas since it is fueled at home, If you want to use it for long distance travel though it will less convenient than a gas powered car.
I’ll keep asking…who is paying for your electricity bill if you charge at home???

I’ll keep asking…who is paying for your electricity bill if you charge at home???
The Charge Point home charger (when it works) keeps track of how much power you are putting into the company EV. You submit that, and your electric bill (showing your cost per kWh) on your monthly expenses report, for reimbursement.

That doesn’t answer my question. My electric bill is over $400 in the summer. I’m not interested in a company who doesn’t reimburse me for my electric bill if I do this.
Your interest is irrelevant. If you’re a rep here and we give you an EV, you’ll shut the fuck up and charge it at home on your dime.