• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Company cars or car allowance

Interesting thread here. I suppose the viewpoint on it all depends on your personal situation. For somebody unemployed or in a bad job with no co car, they may not think coming out of pocket to cover car expenses is a deal breaker. On the other hand, if someone is in a good paying stable job with a car and expenses paid for, I can see them saying that sucks. That’s often the disconnect on this site. You get people arguing who are in completely different situations with different needs.
Someone who thinks this is a great opportunity is well suited to the role. If the offer disappoints you, what do you think will happen when the honeymoon is over.

You fools don’t understand the money that I make and I would never hire you entitled babies anyway.

Said the stuttering manager who sounds like a barn animal that got shit out sideways with brain damage. Bitch, you’re lucky that YOUR upper management let you work 10 hours a week for the money we don’t understand.

Now go stand like a goon in the corner while you watch what a real salesperson is capable of doing.

What's most amazing is this is a company that doesn't pay your car insurance, doesn't pay to actually acquire a car, doesn't assume ANY OF THE RISK OF CAR OWNERSHIP yet still has the balls to track your driving record?

And if they don't like your driving record they can terminate your employment for something they have assumed ZERO RISK IN. Holy shit....are they out of line.

QUOTE="anonymous, post: 6622508"]What’s the situation on co cars here? If no co cars, what’s the car allowance?[/QUOTE]

What's most amazing is this is a company that doesn't pay your car insurance, doesn't pay to actually acquire a car, doesn't assume ANY OF THE RISK OF CAR OWNERSHIP yet still has the balls to track your driving record?

And if they don't like your driving record they can terminate your employment for something they have assumed ZERO RISK IN. Holy shit....are they out of line.

QUOTE="anonymous, post: 6622508"]What’s the situation on co cars here? If no co cars, what’s the car allowance?
[/QUOTE]

You pretty much nailed it with this lame company. They force us to out of pocket big bucks to drive so we can make them profits. I don’t care how much anybody makes, nobody wants to lose 20k annually to pay for automobile usage so they can do their job. It’s all lame BS

You can't hold reps to fleet policy rules when you don't offer fleet car benefits...like a car. Every new hire should ask for a $6000 signing bonus to pay for the,down payment on a car.

"What's most amazing is this is a company that doesn't pay your car insurance, doesn't pay to actually acquire a car, doesn't assume ANY OF THE RISK OF CAR OWNERSHIP yet still has the balls to track your driving record?

And if they don't like your driving record they can terminate your employment for something they have assumed ZERO RISK IN. Holy shit....are they out of line."

Obviously nobody can make this stuff up about Neurocrine! The no company car and no gas card along with sub par 401k leave lots to be desired for their benefit package. Each of these things represent a significant dollar value in the form of out of pocket expenses to employees. That’s a reality that can’t be spun. For those receiving offers, don’t be fooled by not accounting for these significant out of pocket expenses when evaluating your offers.

Obviously nobody can make this stuff up about Neurocrine! The no company car and no gas card along with sub par 401k leave lots to be desired for their benefit package. Each of these things represent a significant dollar value in the form of out of pocket expenses to employees. That’s a reality that can’t be spun. For those receiving offers, don’t be fooled by not accounting for these significant out of pocket expenses when evaluating your offers.
And guess what ? If you are in an accident, they have almost no liability!

You’re forgetting they have to offer more to sell this crap. When I finally get to see someone this is the last condition to give a crap about. When someone finally gives a crap, it’s too expensive, not covered, or they need to jump through prior authorization hoops.

This gig is most attractive to former Avinar or Teva reps who are drastically under paid and have a chance to come here and work for former managers.

That's exactly why they are coming over here, for the money grab. Most of them wouldn't get hired at other companies if it weren't for the nepotism. I give it a year or 2 tops before they realize this place isn't all that and you cant create happiness just on salary alone.

I’ve socked away 12k for my first year of employment here. Hoping that will cover my out of pocket fuel expenses and car note.

I hear you. I am annoyed I had to buy a $32k car, pay for snow tires, etc. Now gas prices are going up fast. It costs me $60 to fill my tank up, and it will only get worse. I am going to do a lot of virtual meetings if I can get any. Travel will be just to darn expensive.

I hear you. I am annoyed I had to buy a $32k car, pay for snow tires, etc. Now gas prices are going up fast. It costs me $60 to fill my tank up, and it will only get worse. I am going to do a lot of virtual meetings if I can get any. Travel will be just to darn expensive.
Though you may not drive a great big Cadillac
Gangsta whitewalls TV antennas in the back
You may not have a car at all
But remember brothers and sisters
You can still stand tall
Just be thankful for what you've got
Diamond in the back, sunroof top, diggin' the scene with a gangsta lean
Gangsta whitewalls, TV antennas in the back

Gangsta whitewalls TV antennas in the back
You may not have a car at all
But remember brothers and sisters
You can still stand tall
Just be thankful for what you've got
Diamond in the back, sunroof top, diggin' the scene with a gangsta lean
Gangsta whitewalls, TV antennas in the back

Hell this cheap ass company expects us to drive some 2 cylinder electric powered car. Bastards!