BioXcel

True. If you choose the startup path, you may find yourself looking every 3-5 years. That in and of itself is a “job.” It is risky but the upside can be amazing. I funded all three of my kids college funds with money from a buyout. Paid off my mortgage with another. Never would have been able to do that working for a big pharma.

This didn’t work out and it sucks. But I still want to stay in the startup world if I can.

Agree small Pharma or biotech is the best. This place sucked wind with how they communicated to us.

biohaven had phenomenal huge products above and beyond all in the space.

rare. Very rare. One off using them as a comparative.

I gave four recent examples. Biohaven was just one. Salix, Celgene and Shire were all smaller companies that got gobbled up by Valeant, BMS and Takeda for huge premiums. Those reps made bank.

True. If you choose the startup path, you may find yourself looking every 3-5 years. That in and of itself is a “job.” It is risky but the upside can be amazing. I funded all three of my kids college funds with money from a buyout. Paid off my mortgage with another. Never would have been able to do that working for a big pharma.

This didn’t work out and it sucks. But I still want to stay in the startup world if I can.

3-5 years would be great tenure if that were actually the case. I know one person that had 4 different start up jobs in 4 years. Another who has 3 different ones in 5 years. Personally the interviewing and constant job search is a grind. What start up does not have preseason hype of how they will be the next Super Bowl champion? Reality is very few are anything more than a nice paycheck for 1-2 years.

You're right but it's more than just handcuffs. It's those of us that are in our 50's that have 25 years of Pharma and nothing else. How do you make a complete career change? It's not just the perks of pharma it's finding something that can allow you to make living for your family and for retirement after spending your entire career in this industry. I'm not with BioXcel but am at another company and division who's leadership is just as clueless and this is a a big well-known company. Our division is prob not going to make it must longer either. But... they pay me a great salary, great benefits, etc.... and pharma is all I know. What industry are you in now?
I bought my first home to flip. Did it quickly, made good $ then bought two homes. I flipped those. So much fun and easy!

$457 thousand in sales, your sales team sure did a great job.

They needed to change the strategy a long time ago. C suite knew this but they refused standing adamant on the emergency room. Then you get that buffoon who comes in and bullshits a story about contracting. Now you have corporate account directors a handful of them running around the country with no support from the IS team or from medical. That's going off the rails so I'm sure. You have class action lawsuits and investigations that drove the decision to cut everybody aside from performance. It was a recipe for failure. This place is not full of nice people or smart people at the top. We had a great VP of sales and given time things would have turned around. We all leave this place in great disappointment.

$457 thousand in sales, your sales team sure did a great job.

They actually did do a great job douchebag. Given a terrible marketing department and complete luck of strategy from MW, and no one listening upstairs, the best was done that could be done. Wait and see what the cads do. Those folks are the worst of the worst starting with LB.

They actually did do a great job douchebag. Given a terrible marketing department and complete luck of strategy from MW, and no one listening upstairs, the best was done that could be done. Wait and see what the cads do. Those folks are the worst of the worst starting with LB.

File back into the ranks son. I’ll not tolerate any sassy sales rep who makes excuses for weak performance. Tell it on your job interviews and see how that works for you.

This decision was obviously sudden and done in panic. It’s been almost 2 weeks and today we get verbiage to use with customers! Still nothing from HR? If CADs get contracts, where is the follow thru? Just bc a drug is on formulary does not mean it will be used. This entire thing is ass backwards.