BioXcel

I've never been at a company that did this with such insensitivity. I have gone from feeling loyalty to this little company to feeling bitter and disappointed.

We all feel this way. It really stems from the top. The CEO CFO and CCO and HR together or to blame for this. All complete liars with MW being the worst canary of the group. We are all saying in the field that how quickly and heavily this all went down indicates a more serious issue that we haven't heard about yet. None of these Jokers will be hired after this mess.

All of pharma is a mess these days particularly these start ups. They swoop in with all this hype and all these promises and then fall straight into the crapper in a NY second.

I think many would disagree. All companies are a mess but what they did here... Wait until they dig deeper

I’m not saying Bioxcel was a good company. Matter of fact they’re awful. Companies can hype up any new sales force anytime anywhere and they’ll always have reps lined up looking for their next pay check. This phenomenon has led to lots of reps having to change jobs every 1-2 years now. Just stating a fact of this crazy industry now.

I’m not saying Bioxcel was a good company. Matter of fact they’re awful. Companies can hype up any new sales force anytime anywhere and they’ll always have reps lined up looking for their next pay check. This phenomenon has led to lots of reps having to change jobs every 1-2 years now. Just stating a fact of this crazy industry now.

We worked really hard in chaos. We had a terrible marketing department and the strategy was the wrong one!........
There is no commercial leader here. He's too busy up the CEO's ass and on investor calls. I've never seen anything like this. We in the field will prevail. The fact that this was done the way it was shows what these guys were all about. You treat people like garbage and karma will come back. Adios!

We worked really hard in chaos. We had a terrible marketing department and the strategy was the wrong one!........
There is no commercial leader here. He's too busy up the CEO's ass and on investor calls. I've never seen anything like this. We in the field will prevail. The fact that this was done the way it was shows what these guys were all about. You treat people like garbage and karma will come back. Adios!

Well said. We are all really disgusted and upset. We had a great culture here and they really didn't give a damn from the beginning. Matt is a puppet and never did anything to help us commercially.

Well said. We are all really disgusted and upset. We had a great culture here and they really didn't give a damn from the beginning. Matt is a puppet and never did anything to help us commercially.
It is going to be the same everywhere. Why IN THE WORLD would you EVER believe the story ANY pharma company sells you? Shame on you! They MUST get you fired up whether they know the truth right then or learn about it at some point. Damn, I read these comments and I’m just SHOCKED at how it “hit you by surprise” or “how they did this without any sensitivity”. If you choose to stay in this industry (and I understand that some of you just cannot slip the golden handcuffs of pharma! I did & am working 100% remote and I’m SO THANKFUL TO BE OUT), then remember what happened here and EXPECT it in your next jobs. Just expect it every day because 1. They lie to get you here 2. They lie to keep you 3. When it’s time to dump you, they do it in a way that’s easiest for them. No exceptions. Ever. Those are three laws you must absorb. My recommendation? Get. Out. Of. Pharma. Shed the golden handcuffs. Live BELOW your means for peace in your soul. Say “no more” to the demons in pharma. You can do it!

It is going to be the same everywhere. Why IN THE WORLD would you EVER believe the story ANY pharma company sells you? Shame on you! They MUST get you fired up whether they know the truth right then or learn about it at some point. Damn, I read these comments and I’m just SHOCKED at how it “hit you by surprise” or “how they did this without any sensitivity”. If you choose to stay in this industry (and I understand that some of you just cannot slip the golden handcuffs of pharma! I did & am working 100% remote and I’m SO THANKFUL TO BE OUT), then remember what happened here and EXPECT it in your next jobs. Just expect it every day because 1. They lie to get you here 2. They lie to keep you 3. When it’s time to dump you, they do it in a way that’s easiest for them. No exceptions. Ever. Those are three laws you must absorb. My recommendation? Get. Out. Of. Pharma. Shed the golden handcuffs. Live BELOW your means for peace in your soul. Say “no more” to the demons in pharma. You can do it!
You're right but it's more than just handcuffs. It's those of us that are in our 50's that have 25 years of Pharma and nothing else. How do you make a complete career change? It's not just the perks of pharma it's finding something that can allow you to make living for your family and for retirement after spending your entire career in this industry. I'm not with BioXcel but am at another company and division who's leadership is just as clueless and this is a a big well-known company. Our division is prob not going to make it must longer either. But... they pay me a great salary, great benefits, etc.... and pharma is all I know. What industry are you in now?

People join biotechs for many reasons. Everything that was said here and everything that was created as a vision for this company was a damn lie. What was done here was a freaking shock. One month ago there was money and promise and hope. Then last Monday the entire organization basically was cut and the only people salvaged were clinical to get the studies underway again so they can get rid of the product. I'm in the field here and the CADs who are retained are all looking because they're being set up to fail. They have no support whatsoever. The lunatic who oversees them should have been let go for sure.

The anger is real I get it you feel betrayed. All these start ups are very risky. You may not like it but you should not be shocked by it. Never believe the hype and expect the lies along with job instability. All these reps chasing these start ups are having to hop jobs every 1-2 years. That’s the reality of it all and that sucks!

The anger is real I get it you feel betrayed. All these start ups are very risky. You may not like it but you should not be shocked by it. Never believe the hype and expect the lies along with job instability. All these reps chasing these start ups are having to hop jobs every 1-2 years. That’s the reality of it all and that sucks!

We all know the reality idiot. This sounds like it came straight out of HR.

Why is someone not in Pharma even posting here? Pharma has provided a very good career for me, I've had wonderful colleagues, and I've learned so much. The post above is pretty silly.

People chase startups because of the risk/reward equation. Most startups offer big money and equity/RSU packages because they need to attract successful, experienced reps to get up and running. Is it risky? Yes. Can you earn a windfall if it succeeds or the company gets bought? You bet. Look at the reps who went to Biohaven a few years ago. They had tons of stock and then got the big buyout from Pfizer. Huge payouts. The last ten years saw reps make bank as their companies were gobbled up. Salix, Celgene, Shire, etc. That is the attraction and many reps jump from one startup to the next making life changing money.

Bioxcel is an abject disaster. It’s sad what happened. But I’ll chase the next startup if they offer equity.

People chase startups because of the risk/reward equation. Most startups offer big money and equity/RSU packages because they need to attract successful, experienced reps to get up and running. Is it risky? Yes. Can you earn a windfall if it succeeds or the company gets bought? You bet. Look at the reps who went to Biohaven a few years ago. They had tons of stock and then got the big buyout from Pfizer. Huge payouts. The last ten years saw reps make bank as their companies were gobbled up. Salix, Celgene, Shire, etc. That is the attraction and many reps jump from one startup to the next making life changing money.

Bioxcel is an abject disaster. It’s sad what happened. But I’ll chase the next startup if they offer equity.

guess it’s all good if you don’t mind constantly interviewing and frequently making job changes.

Well said and accurate! That post above was made from an idiot "about why would you believe' blah blah.

People do join for the risk reward but this place was set up as a shell. That's what many of us think. The more you read about it and the more bs that was said the more we know that we were set up to fail from the beginning. My colleagues n friends in the field are reeling from this. Shame on all of you in C-Suite for communicating this the way you did!!

biohaven had phenomenal huge products above and beyond all in the space.

rare. Very rare. One off using them as a comparative.

guess it’s all good if you don’t mind constantly interviewing and frequently making job changes.

True. If you choose the startup path, you may find yourself looking every 3-5 years. That in and of itself is a “job.” It is risky but the upside can be amazing. I funded all three of my kids college funds with money from a buyout. Paid off my mortgage with another. Never would have been able to do that working for a big pharma.

This didn’t work out and it sucks. But I still want to stay in the startup world if I can.