• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

AZ was always Good to Me.

cost of living went up 6.8% average for the last 3 years = 20.4%. I have been here 6 years and have averaged 3% pay increases which is 9% (in 3 yrs). That means I have had a pay or buying power decrease of 11.4%. What do we increase our prices on our products each year? I see why the UAW is striking. Can we not just get a cost of living increase? Good by CV. Another CV company will take my experience and pay me more.
doing-math-wrong-answer.gif

cost of living went up 6.8% average for the last 3 years = 20.4%. I have been here 6 years and have averaged 3% pay increases which is 9% (in 3 yrs). That means I have had a pay or buying power decrease of 11.4%. What do we increase our prices on our products each year? I see why the UAW is striking. Can we not just get a cost of living increase? Good by CV. Another CV company will take my experience and pay me more.
Time for you to leave our company. Given your pay increase history, you must be at best a mediocre performer. Take your baggage elsewhere.

Amen! We made AZ a major player in pharma and in kind the company was great to us! I still have fond memories of the Crestor NSM! AZ retired in Colorado

Thanks for being a Great Rep and person. I think many of the people born in the 1970's & 80's...bitch and complain all the time, plus phone stuck up their....Wreck-Tum

Yea, I agree the reps today are lazy...plus they offer the docs nothing but a free lunch...go figure

The evolution of the job has created it. Most of the reps today (outside of maybe ONC) don’t know what it’s like to keep up with current literature in a field of medicine or disease state that broadens their foundation of knowledge and thus potential value to a customer. All Parma wants now is a robot who delivers the same CVA message every time they see a HCP. All you have to do is read the eyebrow on the page - it’s not difficult. No journal clubs or personal/professional development expected with the science. It’s a great paying gig - used to be more rewarding when customers engaged in conversation that was deeper than formulary coverage. It is what it is and that pendulum won’t be swinging back. Let’s just be glad our competitors have adopted the same mentality.

The evolution of the job has created it. Most of the reps today (outside of maybe ONC) don’t know what it’s like to keep up with current literature in a field of medicine or disease state that broadens their foundation of knowledge and thus potential value to a customer. All Parma wants now is a robot who delivers the same CVA message every time they see a HCP. All you have to do is read the eyebrow on the page - it’s not difficult. No journal clubs or personal/professional development expected with the science. It’s a great paying gig - used to be more rewarding when customers engaged in conversation that was deeper than formulary coverage. It is what it is and that pendulum won’t be swinging back. Let’s just be glad our competitors have adopted the same mentality.

I dont see the need for so many of us in the future. Most hospital systems and IDNs around here (a large city with two teaching hospitals and others) make it clear to their staff that they need to increase the number of patients they see.There is an informal No-See policy as well, although they let us in for lunches. When I dont have a lunch scheduled, I bust my chops just to get 3 signatures from docs outside of these networks and systems.

agree 100%. If you don’t own your own development and bring an increased knowledge base to your customers, you will be just another biz card. Sadly, pharma has become sound bites and thus access has decreased significantly. IE: no value

I watched the Pascal talk yesterday and found it funny, Dave is the only one that mentioned anything about employees being valued. Maybe funny is the wrong word, how about "telling". None of them care at all about AZ people. Sad!

I watched the Pascal talk yesterday and found it funny, Dave is the only one that mentioned anything about employees being valued. Maybe funny is the wrong word, how about "telling". None of them care at all about AZ people. Sad!

Pascal cares more about the people at AZ than Dave. DF sees everything through the lens of DEI first. It you check one of those boxes you’re fine.

I dont see the need for so many of us in the future. Most hospital systems and IDNs around here (a large city with two teaching hospitals and others) make it clear to their staff that they need to increase the number of patients they see.There is an informal No-See policy as well, although they let us in for lunches. When I dont have a lunch scheduled, I bust my chops just to get 3 signatures from docs outside of these networks and systems.

To those old retired reps bragging about how awesome they were, what you don’t realize is that back then the docs owned their practices and were their own bosses. If they wanted to meet with you it was their decision to do so or not. Today they are not the boss and they no longer own their practices. They have bosses who tell them how many patients they need to see and what they can and can’t do with Pharma. Bringing value, keeping up with the literature and being a resource is more important than ever. And some people are doing those things. But the underlying environment today is completely different than what you are comparing yourselves to.

To those old retired reps bragging about how awesome they were, what you don’t realize is that back then the docs owned their practices and were their own bosses. If they wanted to meet with you it was their decision to do so or not. Today they are not the boss and they no longer own their practices. They have bosses who tell them how many patients they need to see and what they can and can’t do with Pharma. Bringing value, keeping up with the literature and being a resource is more important than ever. And some people are doing those things. But the underlying environment today is completely different than what you are comparing yourselves to.

As someone who was at the tail end of what you speak and now dealing with these IDN's/systems, you are 100% correct. Be THE resource. Know your shit. I mean way more than a glossy piece. Take the time to read deeper about the products, diseases, competition and the business environment they operate in. It will make a difference.