• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Another good rep lost

18 oncology sales positions open and posted
5 resigning in June that I know of

25% of field sales vacant or leaving in the oncology division
Still no VP of sales
halaven marketing team gone

Just the facts

MC, RSM, stated there is a list of 5 high potential reps in the country. 5/130. So they think 5 reps are worthwhile and will support revenue goals. Priceless.
1. I doubt there is any truth to this
2. What kind of region manager would say that to a sales rep and not know they will share it with other sales reps and so forth. The only thing that moves fast at Eisai is gossip.
3. Way to prove once again Eisai and this RSM have no clue how to lead and motivate.
5. Eisai- mediocrity at its finest achievement

MC, RSM, stated there is a list of 5 high potential reps in the country. 5/130. So they think 5 reps are worthwhile and will support revenue goals. Priceless.
2. What kind of region manager would say that to a sales rep and not know they will share it with other sales reps and so forth. The only thing that moves fast at Eisai is gossip.
3. Way to prove once again Eisai and this RSM have no clue how to lead and motivate.
Was this based upon his opinion of those five reps Sales ability or was he referring to the potential of the territories? Either way, what an odd thing for an RSM to say to a sales rep.

If you look at the departures from the west region in the last few months, most notably TX and IN, they are either directly or indirectly the result of MC's lack of leadership and the decisions he's made. Why is he still here?

If you look at the departures from the west region in the last few months, most notably TX and IN, they are either directly or indirectly the result of MC's lack of leadership and the decisions he's made. Why is he still here?

Let's be very clear. The IN reps left for better opportunities and to get away from the whole situation of the new DBM sleeping with a subordinate sales rep. HR knows, MC knows, the whole company knows. The rep was fired but the manager untouched which is becoming a pattern. How about the other west rep that was sexually violated by a peer. MC's region is a giant mess.

Eisai Asian headquarters:
I am embarrassed by the Americas division incompetence. Less than 1% profit in American pharmaceuticals market is humiliating. How does your executive teams get away with that poor performance? Do they get an unsatisfactory review or stock options and a raise? I suggest you reevaluate the leadership.. signed a sales rep.
Q4 Americas pharmaceutical revenue 261M
Americas profit: 1.7M less than 1%
Q4 Japanese pharmaceuticals division revenue 665M
Japan profit: 287M 43% profit
1/3 size of Japanese pharma revenue
1/5 revenue
Halaven 37M Q4 FY2016
Lemvina 30M Q4 FY2016
Halaven annual projection off Q4 sales= 148M
Lenvima annual projection off Q4 sales= 120M
Compare to Americas idea of forecast FY 2017
*exchange rates and variances apply

Let's be very clear. The IN reps left for better opportunities and to get away from the whole situation of the new DBM sleeping with a subordinate sales rep. HR knows, MC knows, the whole company knows. The rep was fired but the manager untouched which is becoming a pattern. How about the other west rep that was sexually violated by a peer. MC's region is a giant mess.