Another good rep lost

Sounds like the culture in oncology is insanely toxic. But let's say somebody is already in a bad situation with another company that also has a toxic culture, insane goals, unreasonable metric expectations, micro-management, Challenger, the whole witches brew.

Is there any light at the end of the tunnel in Oncology there?

Is there a chance the massive loss of reps recently will cause upper management to rethink how they treat their people? Are there promising products in the pipeline for the future?

Been contacted by a recruiter and would appreciate honest answers. Is it worth a roll of the dice to take a job there if you're currently employed? Or should I not even waste my time exploring the opportunity?

If I do explore the situation what sort of salary demands should I make to make it worth my while to take a chance on this place? Will I have a reasonable chance to hit target bonus?

Thanks!

No management does not reflect. They still do not believe there is a turnover issue. They say turnover low. There will be no evolution in thinking.

Look up the pipeline for yourself. Weak. Limited investment in oncology. HCC in next year in very small market against Opdivo. Combo studies with Pembro still years away. Losing patent on Aloxi in 12 months.

No management does not reflect. They still do not believe there is a turnover issue. They say turnover low. There will be no evolution in thinking.

Look up the pipeline for yourself. Weak. Limited investment in oncology. HCC in next year in very small market against Opdivo. Combo studies with Pembro still years away. Losing patent on Aloxi in 12 months.
The story of Eisai Oncology is one of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. So much good is within their grasp, but will they grab it?

The story of Eisai Oncology is one of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. So much good is within their grasp, but will they grab it?
I was with eisai for about six years, I left in last year. I launched Halaven and have seen many things come and go. I've seen that only about 10% of new drugs/indications that are hoped for and talked about ever come to fruition. For those which do, they're usually 2 years later than expected. Some of that is the way of the pharma world, but, Eisai is below average in this regard.
I know so many who are still there and so many of you are so talented. If you ever decide to leave there are great things awaiting you!

According to Shaji John, there are no toxic Eisai departments. Just malcontents that ruin morale because they can't take constructive criticism....

I remember the time that Shaj and I built the snowman, we placed a hat on it, and it came to life.

One of the big problems with Eisai Oncology is MC and the arrogance of his leadership. You have KO is HR who talks a big game but does nothing. As long as MC is in place, you'll have the turnover in the west. Eisai has its systemic problems but the west region is by far the worst. You have some great managers such as JW or JS, but RSD is a disaster! KO, do the right thing! Where is SP in all of this? She knows there are distinctions within certain districts ("Michiana", anyone?) but when will she get off her @$$ and do something? Sad!