• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Amneal

Praying for all the employees who will be terminated very soon. Hold your head high as you leave this toxic environment. It may take awhile, but there are companies who will value your experience and commitment. This company is not one of those.
How do you know and why do you think more people will be terminated. I mean the sales force is pretty lean so that just doesn't make sense. What a shit show of an organization. I have zero respect for leadership. The Patel family should be ashamed by what they have done to the Parkinson's community, to the company they built, and for destroying a great culture of people. There is zero care for bringing healthy to anyone. I am sickened. In this case, the grass is greener. I promise. These people in leadership at Amneal are beyond vile.

The fact that they are about to put 15-20 people on Plans, which is on top of the handful still ON Plans but not those who have left shows the absolute incompetence and ineptitude that this sales leadership team brings to the table. For a launch you need to have an eager and energized sales force. Chomping at the bit and ready to go. What they have cultivated is a sales force who is constantly looking over their shoulders, more worried about their KPI than the actual selling and unwilling to help anyone else lest that person ends up doing better. Now they are going to double down on that. Which means at the time you need your experienced reps the most, the time you need your sales roster full you are going to have a revolving door of open territories, new reps with minimal experience in other territories and territories with reps on their way out (via their own initiative or the company). How is this a recipe for success? Have they implemented this somewhere else to amazing results?

The fact that they are about to put 15-20 people on Plans, which is on top of the handful still ON Plans but not those who have left shows the absolute incompetence and ineptitude that this sales leadership team brings to the table. For a launch you need to have an eager and energized sales force. Chomping at the bit and ready to go. What they have cultivated is a sales force who is constantly looking over their shoulders, more worried about their KPI than the actual selling and unwilling to help anyone else lest that person ends up doing better. Now they are going to double down on that. Which means at the time you need your experienced reps the most, the time you need your sales roster full you are going to have a revolving door of open territories, new reps with minimal experience in other territories and territories with reps on their way out (via their own initiative or the company). How is this a recipe for success? Have they implemented this somewhere else to amazing results?
Just a word of caution to the team. It’s all about achieving sales goal and your ranking in the nation. If you do not get this done then you are done.

Just a word of caution to the team. It’s all about achieving sales goal and your ranking in the nation. If you do not get this done then you are done.
Bullsh*t. Are you blind? It's whether you are favored or not favored. Liked or not liked. Have the "look" or don't have the "look" Have you not noticed that many underperformers (reps and managers alike) who are still employed. It's high school mentality which is not only scary but one of the things I have been most shocked to see at a professional organization who claims to care about people. I've never seen a group who cares less about fairness.

The fact that a person who is in a territory that has been in existence for many years and has a goal of 6000 TRx a quarter has to compete for ranking against newer territories where their quarterly goal is 250 and has all that new opportunity to make an impact is crazy to me.

Newer territories get put on a pedestal and lauded for being in the top 10 and make double the IC while the large territories are actually the ones bringing in the revenue for the company.

Bullsh*t. Are you blind? It's whether you are favored or not favored. Liked or not liked. Have the "look" or don't have the "look" Have you not noticed that many underperformers (reps and managers alike) who are still employed. It's high school mentality which is not only scary but one of the things I have been most shocked to see at a professional organization who claims to care about people. I've never seen a group who cares less about fairness.
On point. It's all about favorites here (and complete narcissism). Wth guidance (more of veiled threats) from upper management, your goals can be set to reflect you achieved them or performance reviews FUDGED. Goals used to be based on specific calculations, but not now. It's sad what has become of the analytics department in that regard but we know where DO came from who's leading it. Don't worry bc those records will be subpoenaed soon. Many current and former managers from both PD and Endo are comparing notes/emails. Everyone involved will be held accountable that's why you see some leaving. They don't want to be part of this sinking ship. So glad I got out.

The fact that a person who is in a territory that has been in existence for many years and has a goal of 6000 TRx a quarter has to compete for ranking against newer territories where their quarterly goal is 250 and has all that new opportunity to make an impact is crazy to me.

Newer territories get put on a pedestal and lauded for being in the top 10 and make double the IC while the large territories are actually the ones bringing in the revenue for the company.
Facts

You are correct but the point is metrics do NOT count like the prior poster seems to believe !

You are correct but the point is metrics do NOT count like the prior poster seems to believe !
What do you mean they don’t count? People are ranked by goal attainment.

Rep A has a goal of 250 and gets 300 TRx. 120% to goal. Probably top 1-3 rep. Big IC money.

Rep B has a goal of 6000 and gets 5900 TRx. 98% to goal. Probably middle of the pack. Low IC money and will probably be put on plan if Helen doesn’t like you.

Rep B isn’t hitting goal but brings in more revenue than probably 5 reps combined.

What do you mean they don’t count? People are ranked by goal attainment.

Rep A has a goal of 250 and gets 300 TRx. 120% to goal. Probably top 1-3 rep. Big IC money.

Rep B has a goal of 6000 and gets 5900 TRx. 98% to goal. Probably middle of the pack. Low IC money and will probably be put on plan if Helen doesn’t like you.

Rep B isn’t hitting goal but brings in more revenue than probably 5 reps combined.
I think what the above poster is stating if you hit the metrics and not your goal it doesn't matter and especially if HelentheCint doesn't like you. If you hit the goal and not the metrics, it's the same thing. If you hit both? Who knows!

If you find yourself in that situation, document and record everything. (Check state laws on recording first) Anyone on a plan they want you out and the how will get hem in trouble due to inconsistency across the board. Protect yourself and HR knows it is wrong but will do nothing. Challenge them and watch them crumble. Stay close as a team and compare and you will see how clear and inconsistent it is. They offer zero help but blame, shame and a toxic environment. Good luck and please take this advice.

I think what the above poster is stating if you hit the metrics and not your goal it doesn't matter and especially if HelentheCint doesn't like you. If you hit the goal and not the metrics, it's the same thing. If you hit both? Who knows!
For endo the kpi is 2 sample calls a day which is crazy. I think the national average is 1.5 so probably not a lot hitting that metric. They will obviously use that against people on plans they want out.

Numerous pharmacies across the country don’t want to stock Unithroid anymore because their wholesale acquisition cost is through the roof and their reimbursement on the drug is awful. It’s a losing proposition. Pharmacies are finally getting tired of footing the bill to keep patients in house.

Once CVS stops playing ball it’s game over for Unithroid and the entire sales force will be wiped out.

It’s a volatile drug and not sustainable.

Management has tried to stem the tide with the pharmacy locator resource, but it’s a stop gap because providers are getting fatigued because of the constant issues.

Maybe management should consider these issues when setting goals.

Exactly! So, they get you one way or another if Helen says “you gotta go because I don’t like you”. Has she said that someone? Absolutely!

Anyone know where COE is this year? How are they planning on doing it this year? Only 3 quarters count and most of us have new territories and/or products. If you are going to luck into a COE now is the year! Lots of undeserving people will win it this year simply by the draw. I don’t hold it against them I just hope they realize that Ops had more to do with who wins COE this year and who doesn’t
TX RBM was a smart experienced man a great leader that had the vision to leave Fernando who is a puppet and this toxic culture. He will be making more money, less stress and away from this sinking ship. He was not lazy like those of you that just are along for the ride. He will be missed for sure. Many will be calling him for a job soon when you all hear of the opportunity to join his team. Once again Helen lost again.

TX RBM was a smart experienced man a great leader that had the vision to leave Fernando who is a puppet and this toxic culture. He will be making more money, less stress and away from this sinking ship. He was not lazy like those of you that just are along for the ride. He will be missed for sure. Many will be calling him for a job soon when you all hear of the opportunity to join his team. Once again Helen lost again.
I couldn’t agree more. He is a great leader and person. This is a very big loss for the company. Congrats to him. I surely wouldn’t burn bridges folks. He’s landed on his feet in a much better opportunity. As previously mentioned, you may be calling him soon.

I couldn’t agree more. He is a great leader and person. This is a very big loss for the company. Congrats to him. I surely wouldn’t burn bridges folks. He’s landed on his feet in a much better opportunity. As previously mentioned, you may be calling him soon.
Helen has placed herself in a very tough spot. Those that she really likes and are in her inner circle are not performing. If it is all about performance, I guess they will be placed on plans to stay consistent. We will see.