60 Minutes

Your company is all about GREED! How can you work for a company that gauges CA patients! You are all nothing but a pack of hyaenas. FU Novartis Pigs!

(In Jerry Seinfeld voice)

So am I a Hyena or a Pig. These are 2 different animals. First you call me a Hyena than you call me a Pig. I don't understand. These animals don't even look or act the same. Please explain yourself.

(In Jerry Seinfeld voice)

So am I a Hyena or a Pig. These are 2 different animals. First you call me a Hyena than you call me a Pig. I don't understand. These animals don't even look or act the same. Please explain yourself.

He meant you look & act like a pig (physically & morally) as well as having a sinister psychotic laugh like the hyena. A 9 year old can figure that one out.

AMEN! It's because it's medicine - that's it. Morons, and again I say morons, push blame on the industry while eating cheeseburgers and becoming Type II.

BTW, 60 Minutes has NO credibility anymore - just a mouthpiece for the person they call the president.

didn't you know that the interests pushing cheeseburgers are the same as those interests pushing anti-obesity and hypertension drugs?

Millions of people are starving so I guess all restaurants and grocery stores should be giving away food for free instead of marking it up and selling it.

Thirty-one percent of food that is available at supermarkets, restaurants, and in households goes uneaten – food that was nurtured and harvested in the fields and ends up in a landfill. Increasingly food processing facilities, food service companies, supermarkets, and restaurants are recognizing the need to reduce, recover, and recycle all of this wasted food. The momentum is building as more and more address the problem and take action to keep good food from entering landfills.
http://blogs.usda.gov/2014/09/17/supermarkets-and-restaurants-are-fighting-food-waste-saving-money/

"Americans have the highest prescription drug costs in the world.

And more than ever, nearly half, fill a monthly prescription, according to this infographic from YellowRobin via visual.ly.

U.S. citizens pay more than twice as much for common prescription drugs than in countries like Canada, Germany and Australia.

For instance, the acid reflux drug Nexium costs the average British person $782 a year. However, Americans pay much more than that, $2,710. "

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/see-...y-for-prescription-drugs-2012-8#ixzz3FSXXWNtV

Read this and shut your ignorant conservative hole.

I wonder how the Novartis reps sleep at night knowing that they are ripping off cancer patients! I agree with your assessment that Novartis is a slime ball company!! The FDA should take away the patent for Gleevec and give it to a generic firm NOW!!

Rise-up Comrades! Let's confiscate every over-priced American (or Suisse) innovation away from the patent owners! We must declare war on progress & innovation so we can all be equal. OR, maybe just move to China.

For all of you Dudley-Do-Rights, name one industry or corporation that has brought life-saving technology to the world through significant capital investment, that you can then show hasn't taken advantage of someone along the way. Grow up - it's spelled C-A-P-I-T-A-L-I-S-M and guess what, what is fair & just seldom, if ever, wins out over the obligation to share-holders.

Rise-up Comrades! Let's confiscate every over-priced American (or Suisse) innovation away from the patent owners! We must declare war on progress & innovation so we can all be equal. OR, maybe just move to China.

For all of you Dudley-Do-Rights, name one industry or corporation that has brought life-saving technology to the world through significant capital investment, that you can then show hasn't taken advantage of someone along the way. Grow up - it's spelled C-A-P-I-T-A-L-I-S-M and guess what, what is fair & just seldom, if ever, wins out over the obligation to share-holders.

Significant capital investment ? Bwahahahahahahahaha Here's a reminder tard

Much of the research and development of gleevec was carried out by Dr. Brian Drucker of the Oregon Health and Science University. His lab, working in a partnership with a scientist working for Novartis, identified the compound STI571. They first used the compound to cure cancer in mice. Dr. Drucker oversaw the first clinical trial, and other early Phase I clinical trials. He also participated in each of the clinical trials cited in the FDA approval of the drug for treatment of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. While he was developing the drug his laboratory's funding sources were:
• 50% National Cancer Institute
• 30% Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
• 10% Novartis
• 10% Oregon Health and Science University

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/under-the-influence/

Please Uncle Sam , pass a law that says medicare can't negotiate prices & consumers won't have the freedom to choose those apparently tainted meds from Canada , India etc..because we at pharma can't compete without a $100 million $$$ lobbying effort to bribe congress to restrict freedom of consumers & free markets

"If you have ever wondered why the cost of prescription drugs in the United States are the highest in the world or why it's illegal to import cheaper drugs from Canada or Mexico, you need look no further than the pharmaceutical lobby and its influence in Washington, D.C.

According to a report by the Center for Public Integrity, congressmen are outnumbered two to one by lobbyists for an industry that spends roughly $100 million a year in campaign contributions and lobbying expenses to protect its profits.

One reason those profits have exceeded Wall Street expectations is the Medicare prescription drug bill. It was passed more than three-and-a-half years ago, but as 60 Minutes correspondent Steve Kroft reports, its effects are still reverberating through the halls of Congress, providing a window into how the lobby works.

The unorthodox roll call on one of the most expensive bills ever placed before the House of Representatives began in the middle of the night, long after most people in Washington had switched off C-SPAN and gone to sleep.

The only witnesses were congressional staffers, hundreds of lobbyists, and U.S. representatives, like Dan Burton, R-Ind., and Walter Jones, R-N.C.

"The pharmaceutical lobbyists wrote the bill," says Jones. "The bill was over 1,000 pages. And it got to the members of the House that morning, and we voted for it at about 3 a.m. in the morning," remembers Jones.

Why did the vote finally take place at 3 a.m.?

"Well, I think a lot of the shenanigans that were going on that night, they didn't want on national television in primetime," according to Burton.

"I've been in politics for 22 years," says Jones, "and it was the ugliest night I have ever seen in 22 years."

The legislation was the cornerstone of Republican's domestic agenda and would extend limited prescription drugs coverage under Medicare to 41 million Americans, including 13 million who had never been covered before.

At an estimated cost of just under $400 billion over 10 years, it was the largest entitlement program in more than 40 years, and the debate broke down along party lines.

But when it came time to cast ballots, the Republican leadership discovered that a number of key Republican congressmen had defected and joined the Democrats, arguing that the bill was too expensive and a sellout to the drug companies. Burton and Jones were among them.

"They're suppose to have 15 minutes to leave the voting machines open and it was open for almost three hours," Burton explains. "The votes were there to defeat the bill for two hours and 45 minutes and we had leaders going around and gathering around individuals, trying to twist their arms to get them to change their votes."

Jones says the arm-twisting was horrible."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/under-the-influence/

Please Uncle Sam , pass a law that says medicare can't negotiate prices & consumers won't have the freedom to choose those apparently tainted meds from Canada , India etc..because we at pharma can't compete without a $100 million $$$ lobbying effort to bribe congress to restrict freedom of consumers & free markets

"If you have ever wondered why the cost of prescription drugs in the United States are the highest in the world or why it's illegal to import cheaper drugs from Canada or Mexico, you need look no further than the pharmaceutical lobby and its influence in Washington, D.C.

According to a report by the Center for Public Integrity, congressmen are outnumbered two to one by lobbyists for an industry that spends roughly $100 million a year in campaign contributions and lobbying expenses to protect its profits.

One reason those profits have exceeded Wall Street expectations is the Medicare prescription drug bill. It was passed more than three-and-a-half years ago, but as 60 Minutes correspondent Steve Kroft reports, its effects are still reverberating through the halls of Congress, providing a window into how the lobby works.

The unorthodox roll call on one of the most expensive bills ever placed before the House of Representatives began in the middle of the night, long after most people in Washington had switched off C-SPAN and gone to sleep.

The only witnesses were congressional staffers, hundreds of lobbyists, and U.S. representatives, like Dan Burton, R-Ind., and Walter Jones, R-N.C.

"The pharmaceutical lobbyists wrote the bill," says Jones. "The bill was over 1,000 pages. And it got to the members of the House that morning, and we voted for it at about 3 a.m. in the morning," remembers Jones.

Why did the vote finally take place at 3 a.m.?

"Well, I think a lot of the shenanigans that were going on that night, they didn't want on national television in primetime," according to Burton.

"I've been in politics for 22 years," says Jones, "and it was the ugliest night I have ever seen in 22 years."

The legislation was the cornerstone of Republican's domestic agenda and would extend limited prescription drugs coverage under Medicare to 41 million Americans, including 13 million who had never been covered before.

At an estimated cost of just under $400 billion over 10 years, it was the largest entitlement program in more than 40 years, and the debate broke down along party lines.

But when it came time to cast ballots, the Republican leadership discovered that a number of key Republican congressmen had defected and joined the Democrats, arguing that the bill was too expensive and a sellout to the drug companies. Burton and Jones were among them.

"They're suppose to have 15 minutes to leave the voting machines open and it was open for almost three hours," Burton explains. "The votes were there to defeat the bill for two hours and 45 minutes and we had leaders going around and gathering around individuals, trying to twist their arms to get them to change their votes."

Jones says the arm-twisting was horrible."

Don't look now, but you are making a strong argument for getting government the fuck out of the business of healthcare. Has government involvement ever lead to anything other than bloated bureaucracies, higher prices and bankrupt programs?

Don't look now, but you are making a strong argument for getting government the fuck out of the business of healthcare. Has government involvement ever lead to anything other than bloated bureaucracies, higher prices and bankrupt programs?

Pharma doesn't want the govt out since they have the politicians in their back pocket by spending $100 million a year to restrict buying freedom of the public & guarantee their absurd profits but I assure you, this too will change ;)

"politicians in their back pocket by spending $100 million a year "

Guess who else loves this arrangement? As long as government is in the business of healthcare, this lobbying arrangement ain't going anywhere.

The right to Health should not being determined by how fat your wallet is! We deserve to have access to all drugs when we are sick!! To split pills, skip pills, or to restrict access to only the wealth is a crime in God's kingdom!! The government should seize Gleevac and make it available at pennies per day!

The right to Health should not being determined by how fat your wallet is! We deserve to have access to all drugs when we are sick!! To split pills, skip pills, or to restrict access to only the wealth is a crime in God's kingdom!! The government should seize Gleevac and make it available at pennies per day!

And where exactly does this Utopia exist?

And when people are hungry, government should feed them. And when they shit, government should make sure they have charmin. What about when they need to travel, government should give them a car. How about when they need to make a phone call? Don't forget about clean clothes and underwear.

Government should seize everything. I think we know how this story ends.

Europe spends half of what the US does and get the same Healthcare. There are no facts otherwise.

Europe spends half of what the US does and get the same Healthcare. There are no facts otherwise.

Is Europe and America the same? Are their healthcare issues the same? Are their populations obesity rates the same? Are their populations as diverse as America? Do they provide free healthcare to millions of illegal immigrants? Do they live healthier lifestyles? Some things to ponder, my narrow-minded comrade.

Significant capital investment ? Bwahahahahahahahaha Here's a reminder tard

Much of the research and development of gleevec was carried out by Dr. Brian Drucker of the Oregon Health and Science University. His lab, working in a partnership with a scientist working for Novartis, identified the compound STI571. They first used the compound to cure cancer in mice. Dr. Drucker oversaw the first clinical trial, and other early Phase I clinical trials. He also participated in each of the clinical trials cited in the FDA approval of the drug for treatment of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. While he was developing the drug his laboratory's funding sources were:
• 50% National Cancer Institute
• 30% Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
• 10% Novartis
• 10% Oregon Health and Science University

Did I say the word 'Gleevec'? Think bigger little person.

The Power should rest with the PATIENT not the greedy corporation!! The criminal pricing of life-saving medicines belongs with the PATIENT!! Our government has to fix our seriously corrupt and broken health care system in the US!! We need to adopt the Swedish health model so PATIENTS come FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!