40% employees Will be layoff from IT, Finance and commercial

To: Abbott IT

First, we are we moving to a new operating model that will enable us to provide more efficient business support. Under this new model, divisional IT will focus on IT strategy, demand management, and business process requirements, while a new centralized shared services organization will manage solution delivery to the divisions. Staff in corporate and divisional IT organizations will be realigned to support this shared services model.

Nancy Berce
VP, Business Process and Finance Operations

Guess that explains why there are now 2 corporate VPs plus 3 DVPs.

I work in the diagnostic division and they first laid off the IT guy in Dallas who was very good (he was a outside contractor). He was like part of the family. Then we had to go to Chicago where they would only talk to you through the computer. How can you do this if you laptop is dead ? They were so so. Then it got worse and now when you put in a service call and even leave your cell phone they simply close the service call and do nothing. My manager did not believe me at first till it happened to him. I think they get paid per call and do not really care about the customers. Real sad as " we are the customer to them". Most folks give up and sit at home and wait aimlessly for a call. Then we get a rating question form and they get the lowest. Still no calls from anyone in charge. Real sad. The folks I work now adopt the same attitude with the real Abbott customers. Yes the calls are recorded but no follow up etc. The attitude is If it is ok for IT to do zero so will we. Time to call in sick again.

Poor management

I work in the diagnostic division and they first laid off the IT guy in Dallas who was very good (he was a outside contractor). He was like part of the family. Then we had to go to Chicago where they would only talk to you through the computer. How can you do this if you laptop is dead ? They were so so. Then it got worse and now when you put in a service call and even leave your cell phone they simply close the service call and do nothing. My manager did not believe me at first till it happened to him. I think they get paid per call and do not really care about the customers. Real sad as " we are the customer to them". Most folks give up and sit at home and wait aimlessly for a call. Then we get a rating question form and they get the lowest. Still no calls from anyone in charge. Real sad. The folks I work now adopt the same attitude with the real Abbott customers. Yes the calls are recorded but no follow up etc. The attitude is If it is ok for IT to do zero so will we. Time to call in sick again.

Poor management

You're a bunch of deadbeats.....

To: Abbott IT

Colleagues:

Over the past two years, our worldwide IT organization has made significant strides to standardize technologies and services to allow us to more easily support business operations. As part of our business planning process, Abbott IT business application organizations have assessed and evaluated how our operating model must further adapt to meet the evolving needs of our worldwide businesses. To put it simply, our organization must find ways to be much more operationally efficient. With this in mind, we are now proposing to implement two key initiatives.

First, we are we moving to a new operating model that will enable us to provide more efficient business support. Under this new model, divisional IT will focus on IT strategy, demand management, and business process requirements, while a new centralized shared services organization will manage solution delivery to the divisions. Staff in corporate and divisional IT organizations will be realigned to support this shared services model.

Second, we are transitioning a number of standardized activities to two leading industry suppliers. We have recently entered into agreements with two leading IT service providers to streamline, simplify, and standardize our operations and solutions. Working with these suppliers will enable us to increase operational efficiency, lower costs and increase overall service flexibility.

This transformation is a major step in our worldwide IT evolution and will change how our IT Business Systems organization will operate within Abbott. As a result of these expected changes, there will be an impact to some of our staff members, including some position eliminations and, over the coming weeks, changes in job roles, functions, and/or reporting relationships across our worldwide organization. While I recognize this is a journey, it is our intent to address as much of our transformation impact up front and with as much transparency as possible so that we can quickly focus on driving greater strategic business capabilities.

In the coming days and weeks, we will share more details about what is changing and what these changes mean for you. As decisions are made, we will communicate them openly while taking steps to minimize disruptions, both within our organization and for the businesses we serve.

I thank you in advance for your continued support and focus on serving the business.

Regards,

Nancy Berce
VP, Business Process and Finance Operations

So nice and personal for all the IT people affected at Abbott Park. Remember when Abbott was to spin off ADD and they actually gave a shit about their transition? It was a really big deal to the companies and the employees...now it's "don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out". Hmm...Best Companies to Work For award will be fucked for 2014.

Don't be dumbasses on here. IT is going to be outsourced, so take your resume to the outsourcing company & make a ton of money as a contractor for Abbott. AN laid off nearly all their IT staff today...made the managers do it instead of it coming from senior leadership. Abbott went from one of the most well-respected companies out there to a steaming pile of shit in mere weeks.

40%, by the way? Try more like 80% and growing. In total, Abbott will have a skeleton IT staff when the RIFs are all said & done. Don't be stupid and think you won't be next.

40%, by the way? Try more like 80% and growing. In total, Abbott will have a skeleton IT staff when the RIFs are all said & done.

Wonder how they'll justify two corporate IT VP's then? Maybe there will be 2 consultant managers reporting to the CFO and all company data will live on the "Cloud" maintained by offshore resources ( 10 cents per hour ). Looking forward to management outsourcing each other.

Wonder how they'll justify two corporate IT VP's then? Maybe there will be 2 consultant managers reporting to the CFO and all company data will live on the "Cloud" maintained by offshore resources ( 10 cents per hour ). Looking forward to management outsourcing each other.

i would like to add, that if this is a harddrve problem, is this one that i should be concerned with?

its annoying, and tends to happen ant the worst possible times, but i can honestly live with it. i have yet to have a computer that just worked right, and if this is just one of those problems, than i can live with it. but if its something i should show great concern over than yea...

and by one of those problems, i mean like the internet on my computer has never ran right.

first it wouldn't reconise it
second irc and bittorrent couldn't run at the same time
and now, the internet stalls for a long time. like every hour it will spend about 10 minutes hanging.

if its a problem like that, where its annoying but not system threatening, i can live with it.

i would like to add, that if this is a harddrve problem, is this one that i should be concerned with?

its annoying, and tends to happen ant the worst possible times, but i can honestly live with it. i have yet to have a computer that just worked right, and if this is just one of those problems, than i can live with it. but if its something i should show great concern over than yea...

and by one of those problems, i mean like the internet on my computer has never ran right.

first it wouldn't reconise it
second irc and bittorrent couldn't run at the same time
and now, the internet stalls for a long time. like every hour it will spend about 10 minutes hanging.

if its a problem like that, where its annoying but not system threatening, i can live with it.

You must be drunk or stupid. Which is it?

Don't be dumbasses on here. IT is going to be outsourced, so take your resume to the outsourcing company & make a ton of money as a contractor for Abbott. AN laid off nearly all their IT staff today...made the managers do it instead of it coming from senior leadership. Abbott went from one of the most well-respected companies out there to a steaming pile of shit in mere weeks.

40%, by the way? Try more like 80% and growing. In total, Abbott will have a skeleton IT staff when the RIFs are all said & done. Don't be stupid and think you won't be next.

Are we talking about North Chicago?

Are we talking about IT in all divisions?