• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

Why have oncology reps been leaving?

Today's e-cast showed what's really wrong with Eisai Oncology.
1) The Fraulein. You're not funny and you do NOT understand the lives and challenges of the sales force. In case there actually is someone at Eisai who doesn't already know her past, google her name. The New York media had a lot to say about her. Great readin'.
2) The home office mafia putting on a show for themselves. Besides DD and The Fraulein, we got treated to a cameo from NS and off camera editorials/lame jokes from CC. UGH! What did we do to deserve this? You could almost hear the sales force's collective eye rolls every time someone made a "funny".
3) I forgot who said it, perhaps it was The Fraulein, about being so excited for "a new launch". Don't get me wrong, I'll take the new feather in the cap for Halaven (out of desperation), but it's not the same as a new launch. When we mention the coming STS indication to our best customers (yes, we all do that when our docs ask us, "what's new?") we get met with a loud yawns. Most of us realize that all we are going to get from this new indication is disruption with our core customers due to new targeting, territory/geography realignments (ask your managers about the recent meetings) and a big increase in Halaven quotas.

Who's the Fraulein? I know the other crew CC, NS and such. How's the new BM national sales VP? I thought he was going to improve the IC? Lol sounds like the goals are out of whack again. They have to screw the few who will hit the double down for the next quarter.

Today's e-cast showed what's really wrong with Eisai Oncology.
1) The Fraulein. You're not funny and you do NOT understand the lives and challenges of the sales force. In case there actually is someone at Eisai who doesn't already know her past, google her name. The New York media had a lot to say about her. Great readin'.
2) The home office mafia putting on a show for themselves. Besides DD and The Fraulein, we got treated to a cameo from NS and off camera editorials/lame jokes from CC. UGH! What did we do to deserve this? You could almost hear the sales force's collective eye rolls every time someone made a "funny".
3) I forgot who said it, perhaps it was The Fraulein, about being so excited for "a new launch". Don't get me wrong, I'll take the new feather in the cap for Halaven (out of desperation), but it's not the same as a new launch. When we mention the coming STS indication to our best customers (yes, we all do that when our docs ask us, "what's new?") we get met with a loud yawns. Most of us realize that all we are going to get from this new indication is disruption with our core customers due to new targeting, territory/geography realignments (ask your managers about the recent meetings) and a big increase in Halaven quotas.

Eisai is in oncology?

The sales goals/quotas at Eisai have never been based in reality. Rather than try to realistically forecast potential sales then add a push goal, as they have a right to do, Eisai takes a different approach.

I submit the primary goal is to make sure that the sales force cannot not achieve high bonus payouts regardless of how hard they work. Consider the bonus payouts of Nightingale winners vs. the rest of the sales force for confirmation. It has been this way at Eisai since the beginning of the oncology division.
I agree but think it's worse than you describe. There were reps last year who came very close to Nightengale.....had a great year and were ranked between 8-12th place all year....yet were only paid about $1,000-$2,000 more than target. Almost Nightengale, better than 90+ reps in the oncology division, yet earned only about 5% more than the target bonus. It happened to more than one person. It shouldn't be that way. In the ideal bonus plan that has $30,000 as a target, 80% of the salesforce would earn between $25k-35k, with the bottom 10% earing less and the top 10% earning more.

I agree but think it's worse than you describe. There were reps last year who came very close to Nightengale.....had a great year and were ranked between 8-12th place all year....yet were only paid about $1,000-$2,000 more than target. Almost Nightengale, better than 90+ reps in the oncology division, yet earned only about 5% more than the target bonus. It happened to more than one person. It shouldn't be that way. In the ideal bonus plan that has $30,000 as a target, 80% of the salesforce would earn between $25k-35k, with the bottom 10% earing less and the top 10% earning more.

People it's EASY. You just have to leave eisai. It is better out there. Just about ANY oncology company will pay more in bonus. Do it. DO IT

You again?

As far as Halaven, congratulations on the the TINY sarcoma indication. Too bad it's a SMALL population. So no bonus for you reps.
What would be nice for you guys is to also have first line metastatic breast and/or lung. The new patients for all STS is about 11,000 per year. I think the indication you got is only for liposarcoma, a smaller subset than that 11,000 figure. Correct me if I'm wrong. I do not know how many liposarcomas occur each year. For perspective, I believe there are between 40,000 and 50,000 new cases of MBC each year. It's hard to draw a straight line, compare apples-to-apples on this and it's not quite accurate to say that this new indication is only 20-25% the potential of Halaven's current indication, but it's certainly A LOT less. You will get a nice bump initially as you have all of those patients who are waiting for this. That being said, hopefully the company realizes this is only a temporary sideshow and not the main event. Hopefully they don't give you a bunch of new targets and move geographies for this one. I also hope they don't jack the quotas too much, but, then again, that wouldn't be Eisai, would it?

That is fucking ridiculous!!! Same thing happens all the time though at Eisai. Several years ago I had a friend who made Nightingale and only made about $2500 over target. He works for Celgene now. Quit right after the awards trip just like so many others do. Even though I will probably finish somewhere under 110% for 2015 (I had one really bad quarter ) I made well over $20,000 for each of the last 2 quarters in 2015. Plus Stock grants no less. I'm not trying to be a jerk but the point is LEAVE EISAI ASAP!!! There are better oncology jobs out there.

That is fucking ridiculous!!! Same thing happens all the time though at Eisai. Several years ago I had a friend who made Nightingale and only made about $2500 over target. He works for Celgene now. Quit right after the awards trip just like so many others do. Even though I will probably finish somewhere under 110% for 2015 (I had one really bad quarter ) I made well over $20,000 for each of the last 2 quarters in 2015. Plus Stock grants no less. I'm not trying to be a jerk but the point is LEAVE EISAI ASAP!!! There are better oncology jobs out there.
Yes, leave now! Tory and CC are jokes. They should never been promoted.....two promotions ago. The fact they are regionals is insane! And NS, don't even get me started. She's a total c*nt. I'm a woman so I can say that. It's true! Do not trust her!! Bad...bad....bad!

Yes, leave now! Tory and CC are jokes. They should never been promoted.....two promotions ago. The fact they are regionals is insane! And NS, don't even get me started. She's a total c*nt. I'm a woman so I can say that. It's true! Do not trust her!! Bad...bad....bad!

Tory is ok. Cc is nuts. Certified insane. NS is fake but nice.

It's the level above them that are even worse.

What would be nice for you guys is to also have first line metastatic breast and/or lung. The new patients for all STS is about 11,000 per year. I think the indication you got is only for liposarcoma, a smaller subset than that 11,000 figure. Correct me if I'm wrong. I do not know how many liposarcomas occur each year. For perspective, I believe there are between 40,000 and 50,000 new cases of MBC each year. It's hard to draw a straight line, compare apples-to-apples on this and it's not quite accurate to say that this new indication is only 20-25% the potential of Halaven's current indication, but it's certainly A LOT less. You will get a nice bump initially as you have all of those patients who are waiting for this. That being said, hopefully the company realizes this is only a temporary sideshow and not the main event. Hopefully they don't give you a bunch of new targets and move geographies for this one. I also hope they don't jack the quotas too much, but, then again, that wouldn't be Eisai, would it?

Um Halaven FAILED in second line a few years ago. That's why it isn't growing. Stuck with third line. Management was so arrogant with OS but it was minimal and Drs never bought into it. It was a fluke they got OS.

The second line trial was actually supposed to be the trial that led to Halaven getting on the market. They are lucky they got approval at all.

Now the sarcoma indication will be small but they're expanding? Makes no sense