When is the next restructure?

Your inane response was guaranteed! It is so predictable that at least one current Merck employee will respond to a question with "old fart" or some other high school term. With the RIF's that have occurred the last few years it is obvious why you may still be employed. Retention is not based on merit as those still around have the lowest salaries and least experience. So you won't be terminated this time either. Of course, we all realize you are a perennial top performer that must be retained to keep Merck afloat. You'll be able to hang out with the rest of the gang and look forward to great salary increases, abundant bonuses, and limitless promotion opportunities.

This is correct. The turnover has not been high enough for the reps making the bigger salaries. They are trying to bring in more entry level salaries and find a legal way to get rid of the high rollers. If you are on the low end of the band and not in hr trouble, you will be fine this time too. Merit based changes went out the door 2 layoffs ago. This is nothing new though.

vaccine is only expected 10%. CC will be 40%.

Last big cut was 50%. This one will be another 40%. Do the math thats roughly 70% of all primary care positions eliminated in 24 months. Isnt ironic that you never hear of it put in those terms? Lets face it, all we have is Januiva in CC and you dont even need reps any more for that. Merck can hire tele reps for samples when needed. I hope that I can finally cash out my 10 year severance and just move on to something else.

I love watching the old over 50 cc fucks begging to keep their entry level delivery job. They cannot face the reality that outside of Merck they are deemed irrelevant.
I guess you are are young w/ your entry level delivery job...when you loose yours your experience will fit nicely w/ Dominos or Papa John's.... you even have the Millennial look.. A good career future for you!!!

I am so sick and tired of this instability and I’m tired of excepting that it’s just the nature of the industry.

Do you think it would be possible to call a strike or unionize?

Why are we just accepting our fate, nervously waiting by the phone? I've been with this company for too long and been through too many restructurings. If Millenials at google or amazon can do this why can't we?

oh what a ignorant fool. Why don't you make a sign and go stand at headquarters on strike. Don't forget to have a way home it will be a long walk. You serve at our wish not yours

You're nothing without us. We're the reason you're profitable. With enough organized people, they'll be enough noise to shine a spotlight.

Last big cut was 50%. This one will be another 40%. Do the math thats roughly 70% of all primary care positions eliminated in 24 months. Isnt ironic that you never hear of it put in those terms? Lets face it, all we have is Januiva in CC and you dont even need reps any more for that. Merck can hire tele reps for samples when needed. I hope that I can finally cash out my 10 year severance and just move on to something else.

That's true, and don't plan on that being the last one. This will be a contract only position in two years. If Warren wins the White House, there might not even be a reason for contract. Good luck to all of those who have not heard yet. We will have our calls in less than a month. I get so tired of this over and over again.

I am so sick and tired of this instability and I’m tired of excepting that it’s just the nature of the industry.

Do you think it would be possible to call a strike or unionize?
lol, this is one of the most amusing posts I have seen in a while....go ahead and strike, they will quickly cave I am sure given there is such high demand and low supply for Pharma sales reps...LOL!!!

Wait, are you a labor lawyer?? No you're not. They can't fire you for striking dumbfuck.
ah, news flash, unless you are union you are an employee at will, you strike you are missing work for an unapproved reason, you get fired...but go ahead, test it out and let us know when you do so we can enjoy the show...

Why are we just accepting our fate, nervously waiting by the phone? I've been with this company for too long and been through too many restructurings. If Millenials at google or amazon can do this why can't we?
ah, perhaps because they have needed, marketable skills and you don't? Sorry to be blunt, but there is very little demand for Pharma sales reps anymore and a glut of laid off reps looking for jobs...

Marketable Skills? This one wouldn't know which end of the broom needed to sweep the floor

You are not correct about the marketable skills..........Many are jealous they were never able to get as a pharma rep. I agree they highly compensated. The marketable skill they have is the ability to land the job. That is a skill that many do not have.

You are not correct about the marketable skills..........Many are jealous they were never able to get as a pharma rep. I agree they highly compensated. The marketable skill they have is the ability to land the job. That is a skill that many do not have.

So landing a Pharma sales rep job is a marketable skill?? so are you saying because they were able to land that job, they will be able to land a different job when they are cut? Thats really stretching it...A marketable skill is something you can do or are good at that has value outside of your current role, the ability to get hired as a Pharma sales rep does not qualify. Face it, most Pharma sales reps have no marketable skills outside of being a Pharma rep, which is a quickly dying profession. Most that are displaced will not make anywhere near what they did as a Pharma rep in whatever job they do land, like at Best Buy or Starbucks