• We apologize for the intermittent downtime on the site as we work through some technical difficulties.

When is the next restructure?

Tomorrow’s call:
As you know Merck is here for patients, however we are also here to make a buck
The current structure is not optimal to making a buck. Too hell with patients.
Riad has decided that we only need 50% of all divisions except those blessed by the pope....that would be oncology.
So your email will be coming later today.
Your manager is likely going to be cut as well, but call them with questions. They won’t be able to answer them.
Stay tuned.
Oh, and go Steglatro!

Ok so I read these comments, but never post. I’m ok with the changes. The world changes. It’s very sad. I have to say that the insensitive comments that some of you are making are just wrong. You’ve benefited either from Merck or the industry. Have some respect for others and the impact that these changes are having. I’m sure you’ll comment something snide and insensitive. But, can you look at yourself and have self-respect?

Ok so I read these comments, but never post. I’m ok with the changes. The world changes. It’s very sad. I have to say that the insensitive comments that some of you are making are just wrong. You’ve benefited either from Merck or the industry. Have some respect for others and the impact that these changes are having. I’m sure you’ll comment something snide and insensitive. But, can you look at yourself and have self-respect?
NOON. Bye bye

looks like it is official. will they ask for volunteers?

If you take a look at the most recent layoffs, they have always offered a creative way to find the exit. Will they do the opt in opt out thing again? I really dont think many people will raise their hands. We all know people who talk a good game but never step up when given the chance. Third party company to make business decisions.

If you take a look at the most recent layoffs, they have always offered a creative way to find the exit. Will they do the opt in opt out thing again? I really dont think many people will raise their hands. We all know people who talk a good game but never step up when given the chance. Third party company to make business decisions.

The last restructure was interesting. They told us that is was going to be a cost cutting exercise and that performance was not really being considered. We lost many good reps because of this. If the trend continues, its going to be all about continuing to cut cost. Hopefully, they will consider performance as a key metric this time. Seems like they are making CC into an entry level position. If your salary is too high, its just a matter of time. If we survive this one, there will be another one in 12-24 months. Its probably a good idea to start thinking about what we want to do if and when this doesnt work out.

Big pharma as a whole is a joke! Please, somebody give me an analogue of an industry where 6 figure managers oversee, at the most, 12 people! You can scratch small companies from the list because the managers in these cases are more often than not the owners. Radio shack and Blockbuster are dead and buried for a reason, the pharma sales gig can’t be far behind