• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

What is it about Zimmer Biomet....

stryker talent = dropping prices to rock bottom for business creating 3 times the work for the same amount of money, then you have to split it with your team you have to build instead of just letting your ego go, doing the minimum amount of work for the maximum amount of money. Stryker reps shoot themselves in the feet just to get an award for a year. Not the brightest bulbs over their, hell, the Stryker surgeon in my area literally sleeps with the reps girlfriend when they go to “training”. I bet he even watches, you all do some weird stuff for business at Stryker.

Not sure about this particular situation, but they are winning. Leaving ZB in the dust.

I never believed the rumors that ZB would be bought by MDT. But my mind has changed. We're run by bean counters and clerks and tere's no love for medicine or the patient among the execs. So yeah, we spin off newco and the remains are then sold off to a PE firm or maybe a strategic. Couldn't happen to a $hittier company.

I never believed the rumors that ZB would be bought by MDT. But my mind has changed. We're run by bean counters and clerks and tere's no love for medicine or the patient among the execs. So yeah, we spin off newco and the remains are then sold off to a PE firm or maybe a strategic. Couldn't happen to a $hittier company.

Not sure I'd blame the bean counters. I know at least 20+ finance people who've left this year alone in Warsaw, not including the CFO and VP of Finance. They see the writing on the wall.

Really solid 5 year return on ZBH 118 in '17 and now up to a solid 125. I'm glad I have all the stock options worth $0. Thanks BH!

This really sums it up. You can’t blame this on “covid”. Other Ortho companies are growing. I’m guessing a change is coming. Employees want good leaders. This is not good leadership.

This really sums it up. You can’t blame this on “covid”. Other Ortho companies are growing. I’m guessing a change is coming. Employees want good leaders. This is not good leadership.

Your conclusion is correct but your premise is wrong. Investors want good returns. Investors will demand change when leadership does not provide sufficient returns.

What employees “want” has got shit to do with anything. You’re burying the lead… It’s purely about results (lack of). Or it least it should be.

When you go see your pastor in Warsaw do you tell him how much you hate ZB because you got fired?

whoever this is can only say people got fired. What a tool bag, can’t even come up with an excuse for how bad zimmers performance is. If everyone is fired why you still brown nosing so hard? Lol. Sad times when surgeons are asking us what is going on with the company and we have to defend this leaderships ignorance. Have those discussions with your surgeon as Stryker and SN are making some generous offers to take our business off zimmers hands and to jump ship.

whoever this is can only say people got fired. What a tool bag, can’t even come up with an excuse for how bad zimmers performance is. If everyone is fired why you still brown nosing so hard? Lol. Sad times when surgeons are asking us what is going on with the company and we have to defend this leaderships ignorance. Have those discussions with your surgeon as Stryker and SN are making some generous offers to take our business off zimmers hands and to jump ship.

Boom!

Really solid 5 year return on ZBH 118 in '17 and now up to a solid 125. I'm glad I have all the stock options worth $0. Thanks BH!

Uh oh. ZBH trading at 119 and falling.

Prediction: BH retains some position (Chairman?) but he is replaced for day to day CEO responsibilities. This gives him a sweet payoff when newco spins off but the company is run by a competent leader. Timing? Q1 2022.

“ZB is a tech company that happens to sell implants.”
Utterly laughable that the market would believe this, let alone that ZB had the balls to try and sell this message.

ZB can't even do a lateral portfolio extension. They should have burned the money used to purchase Cayenne, Relign, and other sports med acquisitions. And since the new ZB biz model is spinoffs they should just spin off Biomet and call it a day.

ZB can't even do a lateral portfolio extension. They should have burned the money used to purchase Cayenne, Relign, and other sports med acquisitions. And since the new ZB biz model is spinoffs they should just spin off Biomet and call it a day.

Zimmer died when we bought Biomet. Brought in the worst of the worst managers (Dan W, Delp....wtf?!?!) and 55,000 problems. Fact. We used to own orthopedics. Now Stryker does. Thanks DD!

Zimmer died when we bought Biomet. Brought in the worst of the worst managers (Dan W, Delp....wtf?!?!) and 55,000 problems. Fact. We used to own orthopedics. Now Stryker does. Thanks DD!

Shitty management it is but an amazing culture of innovation also was part of the deal. We used to kick ZB's ass

Shitty management it is but an amazing culture of innovation also was part of the deal. We used to kick ZB's ass

You mean ZMH right dude? ZB already includes Biomet in the B. Sharp guy you are. You must be a Biomet clown who came with the deal. And then got fired.

and yeah, Biomet had an amazing CEO (rip) and superb products.....but cutting corners and having tools like those mentioned above running the businesses was the killer of that company.

You mean ZMH right dude? ZB already includes Biomet in the B. Sharp guy you are. You must be a Biomet clown who came with the deal. And then got fired.

and yeah, Biomet had an amazing CEO (rip) and superb products.....but cutting corners and having tools like those mentioned above running the businesses was the killer of that company.

Amazing CEO who hired those “mentioned” who developed those superb products and ran those businesses who Zimmer feared. So they bought the better company. Sharp guy you are.

Amazing CEO who hired those “mentioned” who developed those superb products and ran those businesses who Zimmer feared. So they bought the better company. Sharp guy you are.

Why would someone post here defending Zimmer lol. The entire sales force knows how bad our situation is with our current leadership and management. Hanson just looking to secure any bonus now on his way out if he can’t get Zimmer sold. Heard it more times then I wanted to this last month. What is going on nobody seems to know. We definitely aren’t on a good position anymore though..