• Tue news: Obesity pill race heats up. Express Scripts sues FTC. More ESMO data. Kairos IPO. Daiichi-Merck guided-missile cancer drug. See more on our front page

What is Eli Lilly company culture like?

My boss was not happy when I said I forgot to bring a can of vaseline with me for the PM review session and I need to be excused for a few minutes to get a bar of soap from the restroom.

That you, Suds?

You remember me don't you?

The contractor from the loading dock, remember?

You said you wanted to ride in my forklift, I said I'd take you for a ride?

It's just a depressing miserable noninnovative dump that doesn't even give their employees decent phones anymore. Soft phones - what a piece of crap. Great way to communicate with customers.

This is the one constant that never changes in this company. From the moment you hire into the company, you will have co-workers who hate you and make up lies about you. They will persist in this behavior throughout your entire career and you will suffer excruciating pain and humiliation as a result of this, if you are lucky enough not to be totally destroyed and shoved out the door through their deception. These people are cunning liars and exceptionally manipulative. One can only assume their management is complicit in the behaviors, since management never punishes them for their dishonesty--quite the opposite: they are rewarded with promotions and favors that no one else gets and YOU will be thrown out the door! Makes you want to work there, doesn't it?

I'm very glad to see this as its 100% true. Well done.

Here is something right from the web. Hiring contractors to make drugs.

Isn't there some FDA regulation prohibiting this? So, all you have to do is drive a fork lift and be able to lift 70 lbs. OKAY NOW YOU TOO CAN MAKE LIFE SAVING MEDICINES

Posted Date: 8/5/2013
Job Category: Biopharmaceutical
Position Title: Manufacturing Operator - (Contractor) - 2006
Salary Range:
Desired Skills:
Description: Manufacturing Operator - (Contractor)
COMPANY:
A global pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the health care needs of people in the United States and around the world primarily by developing innovative medicines. Across the globe, this company is a leader in investing in research and development.

DESCRIPTION:
The Manufacturing Operator will support the manufacturing processes relative to the department/area in which they are assigned.
Operate manufacturing equipment based on the established written procedures and work rules.
Responsible for product quality and safety on the assigned line and for achieving production standards in both quantity and quality.
Understand and follow cGMP and safety guidelines as required.
Follow all safety policies and procedures.
Perform light cleaning in order to maintain clean operating environment.
Write maintenance summaries of assembly and workstation areas as needed.
Execute quality checks in accordance to department/area requirements and document findings.
Stocking, sweeping, mopping, and trash removal may be included.
Loading literature and cartons on the machines, daily housekeeping, keep lines running, manual pack.
Work Shift: 5:45 pm - 6 am; 3 days on 2 days off, 2 days on 3 days off, 2 days on 2 days off, 11.75 hr Shift; rotating days

EXPERIENCE:
0-2 years mfg/packaging/production experience

Experience with GMPs

Adherence to standard operating procedures, Current Good Manufacturing Practices, safety policies/procedure

EDUCATION: High School Diploma

Working for Eli Lilly was the single worst professional experience of my life. The Manager was/is one of the most dishonest people I've ever had to work with. Many of the posts are true here, very sad. He is still around even thought he has lost multiple reps, told horrible lies about me, as well as other co-workers to make himself look better. I left on my own, it was just not worth the stress it caused me and my family. I should've sued the crap out of him, but you know how scary the thought of that would be. I think it would have been a no-win situation for all involved. Sad that a co like this doesn't value employees anymore!

Good for you, you took care of your family first. I had a horrendous experience with this company also. I remember thinking is it possible for human beings to be as ruthless as this but was I naive. I guess you are OK once you know that you are in a very dangerous environment and are prepared to do anything to survive. But alas I couldn't and they destroyed my professional career. Be careful!

Lilly does not have a company culture any longer. Possibly it did at one time, but not anymore. Working here is all about lies and deception. Promoting yourself with voice mails and epms. Calling co workers to say you did for your boss's sake. Reps here who are at the top for quota attainment are abused that much more. Rarely a humble thank you from management. Just drive for more from young DMs who are too stupid to know any better. They must mix the Kool Aid double strength here. Don't ever expect to be appreciated.

Working for Eli Lilly was the single worst professional experience of my life. The Manager was/is one of the most dishonest people I've ever had to work with. Many of the posts are true here, very sad. He is still around even thought he has lost multiple reps, told horrible lies about me, as well as other co-workers to make himself look better. I left on my own, it was just not worth the stress it caused me and my family. I should've sued the crap out of him, but you know how scary the thought of that would be. I think it would have been a no-win situation for all involved. Sad that a co like this doesn't value employees anymore!

By any chance did you work for RE?

How in the world does RE still have a job at Lilly? Huge turnover and significant HR issues- it makes one wonder if he has incriminating photos of the BOD!

Something is giving him a pass he doesn't deserve. Yes I 'know and have not have heard' too. I just don't get it. His 9 lives were over years ago. What a hot mess. Some lucky lawyer would be happy to get that case.