• We apologize for the intermittent downtime on the site as we work through some technical difficulties.

What is Eli Lilly company culture like?

The culture here is intense and fast paced sales environment. We recently just implemented a change to our physicians teiring and number of calls per quarter. More in control at the territory level. You have to know your business here to hang with the big dogs at the top of the rankings. If you are not a business owner prepare to dwell at the bottom of the rankings and earn no bonus. Life is great at the top but you have to work hard and SELL to get there.

Good luck with your job search!

Paranoid wet behind the ears DMs who got promoted because they were the only assholes that would move.

5 minutes of good numbers got them promoted.

The reps that suck and blow the hardest get the best competency ratings. if you excel at sucking and blowing, you will fit right in at Lilly.

Join the dysfunctional NY Area Neuro team. The Management team looks forward to making each and every one of your miserable days on earth a living hell. Each of those DMs, and their fearful leader, could benefit from taking Zyprexa, instead of just selling the shit. The DM in the dead center of the state has a fine reputation for driving reps away faster than she can hire them. Especially tenured reps. Lilly encourages their DMs to get rid of as many experienced reps as often as possible---lightens the pension load.

The Neuro division has the most openings because it is the most hated division to work for in the company, and has the highest turnover, especially among tenured reps. and the comment about the evil HR personnel----RIGHT ON THE MARK!!!!

Hell, if you're a smart and talented anything you will be frustrated here, suck up reps, a-hole DM's, unfair quoates, horrible formulary coverage, 30yr old RSD's who have no clue what they're doing and that behavior bonus, give me a break!! There is no creativity anymore, emotionless drones following outdated call plans with scripted "messages", few last more than 1-2 yrs and the few and I mean few that have stayed, well, sad creatures that hate their jobs but are too old or lazy to leave..move on or better yet don't even bother to stop to take a look

sums it up!

the married long island DMs are equally as pathetic. their LIFE is lilly - they live, breathe and eat trackers...thier idea of foreplay counting how many reps on their teams made 12 calls/day.

There are different cultures at Lilly, depending on who you are.
If you are a young white guy, just consider yourself lucky to be hired, then shut up. If you are a person of color and newly hired, no matter what you do, you will have promotional opportunities.... I know, because I am in that group. If you are a woman, you will get these opportunities more quickly after you sleep with a guy who is at a higher pay grade level... sooner or later, every female sales rep does.
Best advice: Get your MBA, and find another company.
Good luck.

There are different cultures at Lilly, depending on who you are.
If you are a young white guy, just consider yourself lucky to be hired, then shut up. If you are a person of color and newly hired, no matter what you do, you will have promotional opportunities.... I know, because I am in that group. If you are a woman, you will get these opportunities more quickly after you sleep with a guy who is at a higher pay grade level... sooner or later, every female sales rep does.
Best advice: Get your MBA, and find another company.
Good luck.

You are SOOOO full of yourself, and SHIT too!!!

The female reps RARELY sleep with the higher-ups. The men of pharma are generally too effeminate to be considered as sex partners.

The "culture" of Lilly is---no culture at all. Boring, flat, midwestern-influenced people. Whatever the current fashion is--you`ll never see a Lilly rep wearing it!!!

White men dominate management. Ugly, single women are making inroads into lower management, and they are all, to a one, bitches.

There is a real push to force out experienced people. It`s working beautifully!!! The last 3 years have seen a mass exodus, as the talented, higher-paid, most-tenured sales representatives have become disgusted by the erosion/corrosion of values and the ill-treatment by the poorly-educated young DMs with no science backgrounds that care nothing for patients, doctors, or reps, but only for themselves. The company encourages these DMs, and the mass exodus continues. Lilly has lost it`s soul-------and we aren`t coming back.

However, we ARE suing. Age discrimination is illegal. Lilly should take heed.

YOU get a life, dipshit. I said I don't normally hammer people for spelling, but if you can't even type four words without spelling a simple word wrong? You probably shouldn't be posting on a forum. Idiot.

me thinks yud shoold knot bee sow means to peoples whose dont spel so good, id bets yud had spelled a somthink bad at somes tymes ...buts thens agains youd be so prefect yud never evver made no miskaes, rights???

hello,

i work at Eli as a clinical research scientist. the work culture is pretty casual, management style depends on the department you are in. benefits are great. but if you're thinking about working there, it needs to be said that Eli is not for everyone. i recently wrote about my work experience there. you can read it here to help you make your decision:
http://www.jobnfo.com/taxonomy/term/74,1

hope this helps

lilly claims that work/family balance is important. and as long as that balance is 70% work and 30% family you'll stay employed

MANAGEMENT PUSHES THE LITTLE GUY HARD FOR RESULTS AND THEN SCAPEGOATS THE LITTLE GUY WHEN HE OR SHE TAKE TOO MANY "RISKS." GOOD PEOPLE ARE ROUTINELY THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND FORGOTTEN. ASK THE HR DEPT, THEY ARE THE ONES WHO KNOW WHERE THE BODIES ARE BURIED.

CORRECTION :

MANAGEMENT PUSHES THE VENDOR HARD FOR RESULTS AND THEN SCAPEGOATS THE VENDOR WHEN THEY TAKE TOO MANY "RISKS." GOOD CONTRACTORS ARE ROUTINELY THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND FORGOTTEN. ASK THE VENDOR MANAGEMENT DEPT, THEY ARE THE ONES WHO KNOW WHERE THE BODIES ARE BURIED.