• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Vraylar - Nation Not to Goal

Vraylar - Goals

Vraylar goals are crazy high at 15+%. Generally goals increase 7-9%…The Nation isn’t even at 100% to goal…all while growing NBRx. Motivation will be affected if people aren’t reaching goal and making bonuses.

<

Published audit data indicate that pharma reps work on average 5.7 hours/day. Yes, the entire sales force is lazy. The pharma rep will soon be replaced by AI marketing. I will toast that day from my HQ office!

After reading that amazing email tonight I’m ready for whatever unrealistic and unattainable goals leadership throws at us.

The truth is that the average rep that works 5.7 hours a day will likely run out of providers to call on by Wednesday since most territories have only 50 accessible targets which are being covered by 3 reps on a 3 week call cycle. What a ridiculous selling model. zero ownership when three reps calling on exact same providers.

Gotta love the 5-6 window calls with “no we don’t need anything. Your partner was just here yesterday”
Why does this insanity continue? Is management blind to the reality of field sales? No wonder most of us pretend to call on non-existent customers! I had several docs tell me that are tired of multiple reps selling the same drug! Therefore, they are closing their practices to all pharma reps. SOS! I need to get a real job, my self-esteem is rock bottom!!

And half the providers on our call panels have been closed to reps for 5-10 years, but, hey, maybe they’ll open back up again to hear about Vraylar’s new anxiety data in our ISA. Yep…upper management is completely out of touch. Trying to use a selling model from the 1990’s.

And half the providers on our call panels have been closed to reps for 5-10 years, but, hey, maybe they’ll open back up again to hear about Vraylar’s new anxiety data in our ISA. Yep…upper management is completely out of touch. Trying to use a selling model from the 1990’s.

Hey now, turn that frown upside down….here comes the Challenger sales model to make your day better.

We must remember that all of our peers are experiencing the same barriers. It’s what you do to overcome it that makes you a winner! Call on your PEAK targets but also look for for new ones…. Schedule lots of activity but don’t overspend. How many speaker programs can you do? Be in the field early and make that xtra call in the evening so you’re not overworked by your competition but get those reports done and in services that can’t be accessed during field time. Ok!

You clearly have never carried the bag or worked an actual sales job.

lmao carried a bag….as if that’s even an accomplishment.

1) buy food
2) don’t be a fool in the office
3) showcase medication while you buy food
4) leave

All rep associated costs should go into something more productive or beneficial

lmao carried a bag….as if that’s even an accomplishment.

1) buy food
2) don’t be a fool in the office
3) showcase medication while you buy food
4) leave

All rep associated costs should go into something more productive or beneficial
You forgot some activities:

5) order extra food and take home
6). Pickup kids @3:00 and go to soccer practice
7). Go workout at gym around 8:30
8). Go to hairdresser @1:30
9). Go to fancy resorts for NSMs - - - eat, drink,screw to excess
10). Use company car for family vacations

You forgot some activities:

5) order extra food and take home
6). Pickup kids @3:00 and go to soccer practice
7). Go workout at gym around 8:30
8). Go to hairdresser @1:30
9). Go to fancy resorts for NSMs - - - eat, drink,screw to excess
10). Use company car for family vacations

Exactly.
This industry needs to burn.

I am interviewing for a position in AbbVie and I can’t believe how similar things seem to be compared to my company. Same thing with reach and frequency and following a model from the 90’s, plus multi day field rides every 4-6 weeks. I wonder if some consultant company sold the same bullshit package to all the big Pharma companies because the more people I talk to at other companies the more it looks like everything is the same