To those who quit Hepatitis C

WTH!! Just went to my VA account and the PharmD told me Gilead won the HCV contract with a major price reduction!! He said we will be locked out of the VA system!! Louie get your act together!!!!!!

Did he say how long the contract runs? Is it an exclusive for Gilead? My main market potential is with the VA!!!

WTH!! Just went to my VA account and the PharmD told me Gilead won the HCV contract with a major price reduction!! He said we will be locked out of the VA system!! Louie get your act together!!!!!!

I find that hard to believe. How can the VA cut a deal for Harvoni before they know what the price of 3D will be? We can't sign any contracts until we are FDA approved so we technically can't talk price (or contracting) until we get an approval.

I find that hard to believe. How can the VA cut a deal for Harvoni before they know what the price of 3D will be? We can't sign any contracts until we are FDA approved so we technically can't talk price (or contracting) until we get an approval.

Believe it - - - 40% price discount for VA. You can find the information on fierce pharma site. This is definitely a bad development for us.

Your whole career must have been here as a Abbvie/Abbott employee. If you think the VA is waiting to sign contracts based on abbvie you are ignorant. We continue to be late to this game.

Sorry, the articles state the VA negotiated. $594 per pill price for Solvaldi (41% decrease), not for Harvoni. No deal yet until 3D is approved. The VA is not that stupid to negotiate until a competitor is out that could be cheaper.

Pharma stated it was for all of Gilead's HCV drugs! Check it out and now Gilead is playing the pricing game!

Gilead is NUMBER ONE in HIV and HCV. Eat our dust!!!!!!

Gilead does NOT have any HCV contracts with the VA. Their price reduction for Sovaldi is not the same as the contract the VA signed with Merck for exclusive use of Boceprevir + P/R. Additionally, there have been no VA contracts signed for Harvoni at this time.

Gilead does NOT have any HCV contracts with the VA. Their price reduction for Sovaldi is not the same as the contract the VA signed with Merck for exclusive use of Boceprevir + P/R. Additionally, there have been no VA contracts signed for Harvoni at this time.

Are you responsible for contracting? If yes, please sharpen your pencil and stay out of the gym or we will not achieve even a 5% market share. Harvoni beats us on simplicity, AEs. and efficacy. We need at least one selling point!!!

You forgot drug-drug interactions!

Let's see, the last time I checked the Harvoni PI:

PPIs: can only use up to 20mg.
Tenofovir: not recommended.
Rosuvastatin: not recommended.
Carbamazepine: not recommended.
Rifampin: not recommended.
Phenytoin: not recommended.
Phenobarb: not recommended.

Who has DDIs?

Why would a physician prescribe 3D when the regimen won't have labeling for 8 weeks, requires ribavirin and an incidence rate of 15% hemolytic anemia? Pray tell me why??? Bawhahahaha!!!

Harvoni is pan-genotype and 3D is not. WTH is going on in R&D and Commercial! Hey guys and girls, we have to try and sell this dog regimen! Guess who will be blamed for a failure???