• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

TO DM's RIDING WITH REPS NEXT WEEK, PLEASE READ

Ok people, listen up! DSMs DO NOT know who is staying and who is getting laid off. This is a very legal process. Typically, DSMs will get notified the same day they have to give their reps notifications. In addition, I would be very surprised if skill assessments have any weight. They may if it comes down to a tie breaker of sort. Skill assessments are a very subjective way of rating people. If they do use them, it would be a open door for law suits. I have been through layoffs with another company. IT IS A LEGAL PROCESS. Be prepared for none of it to make sense. It is going to be a very emotional, horrible day for everyone.

In regards to field rides this week, managers may choose to go through the motions as well. They do not know their fate and need to have some documentation they were in the field. I am planning to follow my manager's lead this week. Just in case we both remain. It will about throw me over the edge to pretend I care, but my manager is not normal. I will be playing the game.

Good luck to all!

Ok people, listen up! DSMs DO NOT know who is staying and who is getting laid off. This is a very legal process. Typically, DSMs will get notified the same day they have to give their reps notifications. In addition, I would be very surprised if skill assessments have any weight. They may if it comes down to a tie breaker of sort. Skill assessments are a very subjective way of rating people. If they do use them, it would be a open door for law suits. I have been through layoffs with another company. IT IS A LEGAL PROCESS. Be prepared for none of it to make sense. It is going to be a very emotional, horrible day for everyone.

In regards to field rides this week, managers may choose to go through the motions as well. They do not know their fate and need to have some documentation they were in the field. I am planning to follow my manager's lead this week. Just in case we both remain. It will about throw me over the edge to pretend I care, but my manager is not normal. I will be playing the game.

Good luck to all!

Long time DM here who does care about his people. I have no idea who is staying or going. I have no idea if I'm staying or going. Yes I'm worried as is everyone else. I have tried to be 100% honest with my team. I don't think the rankings mean much. The above poster is so correct. Nothing will make sense next week. Oh and yes I'm looking to get out of this place just like you. Good luck to all of you.

DM here. I plan to meet my reps for lunch and just talk about things in general. I will stay for a couple of hours and that's it. No office calls. No jumping through hoops. This is a bad time for all. No need for additional pressure, we have enough of that already. I know the rest of the DM's in our region feel pretty much the same way.. Let's hope the rest do too.

Good luck to all the DM's out there and reps too. God bless you all.

Good God! Where in the hell are you located??????????????? And if I survive, how in the hell can I get into our district???? I will move cross country if necessary, jerking my kids out of school, losing on selling my house, and make my wife quit her job!! What's really bad, is that you more than likely will be let go because you don't sound like one of the kool-aid drinking DM's out there. Hell, I bet you actually believe in being competitive and actually selling!!

Good luck to whomever you are!!

Good God! Where in the hell are you located??????????????? And if I survive, how in the hell can I get into our district???? I will move cross country if necessary, jerking my kids out of school, losing on selling my house, and make my wife quit her job!! What's really bad, is that you more than likely will be let go because you don't sound like one of the kool-aid drinking DM's out there. Hell, I bet you actually believe in being competitive and actually selling!!

Good luck to whomever you are!!

I think we all would have loved to work for a DM like this, but that ain't gonna happen at AZ. I'm sure this person will be the first to go. No room for THAT kind of thinking here at AZ!

DM here. I plan to meet my reps for lunch and just talk about things in general. I will stay for a couple of hours and that's it. No office calls. No jumping through hoops. This is a bad time for all. No need for additional pressure, we have enough of that already. I know the rest of the DM's in our region feel pretty much the same way.. Let's hope the rest do too.

Good luck to all the DM's out there and reps too. God bless you all.

Wow! Can you be for real? I would give anything to have had a DM like you! Mine pisses AZ kool-aid, and hasn't had an original thought in their life. It is beyond amazing that a DM would ride with a rep this week and expect a "normal field day"! It shows that they have no soul, empathy, or common sense. People like that actually take pleasure in other people's misery. You wonder how they sleep at night or look in the mirror. Their time will come one, and when it does, they will look in the mirror wondering where they went wrong with the company and how AZ could do this to THEM!

Wow! Can you be for real? I would give anything to have had a DM like you! Mine pisses AZ kool-aid, and hasn't had an original thought in their life. It is beyond amazing that a DM would ride with a rep this week and expect a "normal field day"! It shows that they have no soul, empathy, or common sense. People like that actually take pleasure in other people's misery. You wonder how they sleep at night or look in the mirror. Their time will come one, and when it does, they will look in the mirror wondering where they went wrong with the company and how AZ could do this to THEM!

Great post. Unfortunately, i don't have a DM like that. It would be nice though.

Check THIS out...totally true.

My DSM had a TWO DAY ride scheduled with me yesterday and today and I self ID'd. No kidding. Unfortunately, I caught a bug over the weekend and was unable to work with him one last time. I was really disappointed because I wanted to work with my DSM one last time so I could gain some valuable insight to apply to my next job, whenever I happen to find it.

Oh well, it just wasn't meant to be.

Peace Out AZ