THE "ALL DAY LIE", BEGINNING A NEW TRADITION AT AZ!

Yes I am an Executive Senior Sales Representative and damn proud of the contribution I make every single day in the field my friend. I have been in the oncology market for 28 years and have an excellent reputation with my clinics and they respect and trust me tremendously. Because of my impeccable reputation they listen, learn and incorporate the drugs I represent into their practice because I bring immediate value to their patients and I’m damn proud of that, and get paid handsomely for it. It’s to bad you envy me and only wish you could be like me, but not to despair, if you would permit me the access to your offspring I will teach and mentor them to be an outstanding contributor in the community like me.......

Executive Senior Sales Representative? Is that on the same level as Lead Caterer?

Yes I am an Executive Senior Sales Representative and damn proud of the contribution I make every single day in the field my friend. I have been in the oncology market for 28 years and have an excellent reputation with my clinics and they respect and trust me tremendously. Because of my impeccable reputation they listen, learn and incorporate the drugs I represent into their practice because I bring immediate value to their patients and I’m damn proud of that, and get paid handsomely for it. It’s to bad you envy me and only wish you could be like me, but not to despair, if you would permit me the access to your offspring I will teach and mentor them to be an outstanding contributor in the community like me.......>>>>

I am not envious, my grandiose, professional oddity. I thought I was great too! And that was from feedback customers gave me year after year. So, you're a professional rare gem. Great! And, let's assume we are both right about our self perception in what we bring or in my case brought in my career.

But the All Day Lie continues as one of the greatest threads on CP as it applies to 98% of pharma sales and marketing people. This type of intangible selling has always been plagued and fraught with fraud. Many think 'you have such tremendous pressure' on you to perform. Grow up pansy ass children. So much accountability. Really? Deluded. There is more accountability and job risk in holding a job at McDonalds day in - day out, you narcissist. There is in reality, little accountability no matter how much technology, metrics and performance data you provide. Pharma reps and managers as well, know all to well how to use and abuse the position each day in 2021. Most spend more time "wasting company time", finding ways to avoid working, serving other personal, family and business needs than they actually do working the job. Unless my near four decades were deceiving my eyes and mind as a manager overseeing direct reports of all type. 95% are only professional @ one thing, lying. To themselves. To others. To the system they work within. I could list dozens of ways reps abuse and use the freedom of choice they have each day. It is an all day lie. I learned to accept it as I would of had to fire 90% of "the team".

Why does this continue? Extreme profits are why these positions held in place for the relatively small, incremental impact they make since the early 80s. "Affordability" to be greedy. The real nature of our leadership. They are not altruistic, compassionate, considerate or committed to doing the "right thing" by patients in any circumstance. They are in the business of generating as much profit as possible, always, any legal or sometimes, wink, wink not so legal means. I have seen so many unethical decisions made by people who talk a good game of integrity and patients first. I became immune to their lies. So they clearly accept yours. Your naïve to think it is anything but that from the top all the way down to your so vitally critical oncology rep position.

By the way, arrogant one, referencing your "outstanding contributor in the community like me" quote, I would and do, take one (1) front line health care provider (i.e. LPN, MA, MSN, whomever) or committed salvation army employee over you, any day of the year. Always. We are a luxury, an accessory that helps a wee bit bring tangible and vital solutions. But too many drink the value add Kool-Aid with their name mixed in. Then, most go out and commit fraud the very same day.

And that is why I admire the human being who created this or like threads across CP. They are honest in their dishonesty. Even if your lying a little bit on the job, your lying. Now go pick up the kids or grab a Starbucks, you "goody good" rep.

Yes I am an Executive Senior Sales Representative and damn proud of the contribution I make every single day in the field my friend. I have been in the oncology market for 28 years and have an excellent reputation with my clinics and they respect and trust me tremendously. Because of my impeccable reputation they listen, learn and incorporate the drugs I represent into their practice because I bring immediate value to their patients and I’m damn proud of that, and get paid handsomely for it. It’s to bad you envy me and only wish you could be like me, but not to despair, if you would permit me the access to your offspring I will teach and mentor them to be an outstanding contributor in the community like me.......>>>>

I am not envious, my grandiose, professional oddity. I thought I was great too! And that was from feedback customers gave me year after year. So, you're a professional rare gem. Great! And, let's assume we are both right about our self perception in what we bring or in my case brought in my career.

But the All Day Lie continues as one of the greatest threads on CP as it applies to 98% of pharma sales and marketing people. This type of intangible selling has always been plagued and fraught with fraud. Many think 'you have such tremendous pressure' on you to perform. Grow up pansy ass children. So much accountability. Really? Deluded. There is more accountability and job risk in holding a job at McDonalds day in - day out, you narcissist. There is in reality, little accountability no matter how much technology, metrics and performance data you provide. Pharma reps and managers as well, know all to well how to use and abuse the position each day in 2021. Most spend more time "wasting company time", finding ways to avoid working, serving other personal, family and business needs than they actually do working the job. Unless my near four decades were deceiving my eyes and mind as a manager overseeing direct reports of all type. 95% are only professional @ one thing, lying. To themselves. To others. To the system they work within. I could list dozens of ways reps abuse and use the freedom of choice they have each day. It is an all day lie. I learned to accept it as I would of had to fire 90% of "the team".

Why does this continue? Extreme profits are why these positions held in place for the relatively small, incremental impact they make since the early 80s. "Affordability" to be greedy. The real nature of our leadership. They are not altruistic, compassionate, considerate or committed to doing the "right thing" by patients in any circumstance. They are in the business of generating as much profit as possible, always, any legal or sometimes, wink, wink not so legal means. I have seen so many unethical decisions made by people who talk a good game of integrity and patients first. I became immune to their lies. So they clearly accept yours. Your naïve to think it is anything but that from the top all the way down to your so vitally critical oncology rep position.

By the way, arrogant one, referencing your "outstanding contributor in the community like me" quote, I would and do, take one (1) front line health care provider (i.e. LPN, MA, MSN, whomever) or committed salvation army employee over you, any day of the year. Always. We are a luxury, an accessory that helps a wee bit bring tangible and vital solutions. But too many drink the value add Kool-Aid with their name mixed in. Then, most go out and commit fraud the very same day.

And that is why I admire the human being who created this or like threads across CP. They are honest in their dishonesty. Even if your lying a little bit on the job, your lying. Now go pick up the kids or grab a Starbucks, you "goody good" rep.

FACT

To poster #663. Words cannot express how proud I am of your post! You mentioned you would like to thank the original poster of the thread “THE ALL DAY LIE”, well go ahead and thank me because I originated the thread. There is only 1 active AZ employee that knows I started it. I have thought about putting my name out there, but I still hesitate to do so.

I retired from AZ in March 2013. I self-identified in 2012 when we all found out that a layoff was coming. Don’t know if you remember that time or not, but Mike Tilton was basically forced to spill the beans since we all heard the rumors starting around October 2012. I spend time selling practically every drug we had except Merrem, because I left hospital about that time. My favorite drug was Diprivan by far, and then Nolvadex.

When I started there was one rep per territory for all of our products, from Sorbitrate to the Mylantas. We didn’t even have to get a signature for samples! We had route books where you would write a one sentence line about the call! I am sure you remember the 1 free with 12 Mylanta deals, LOL! The absolute fun we had was amazing! I would call my DM and ask for a field ride because we always had a great time! Imagine that! Access was virtually 100% with a sit down call in the doc’s office.

As the years rolled by, and the advent of multiple reps calling on 1 doc, the ALL DAY LIE began to emerge. Computers, metrics, sales data, cell phones, constant meetings and conference calls, etc, changed the job forever. You were just another number. But, I wouldn’t have traded my career for anything!

I am now enjoying a wonderful retirement with no worries, thank God. I don’t know what advice to give to anyone in this role today, except don’t be afraid to move from one company to another. That may be the best way to survive.

One day, I will reveal that I am the one that started the most read and commented on thread on AZ’s site on Cafepharma. I still have many friends that work at AZ, and I am sure they will get a kick out of it when I do! God bless you all!

To poster #663. Words cannot express how proud I am of your post! You mentioned you would like to thank the original poster of the thread “THE ALL DAY LIE”, well go ahead and thank me because I originated the thread. There is only 1 active AZ employee that knows I started it. I have thought about putting my name out there, but I still hesitate to do so.

I retired from AZ in March 2013. I self-identified in 2012 when we all found out that a layoff was coming. Don’t know if you remember that time or not, but Mike Tilton was basically forced to spill the beans since we all heard the rumors starting around October 2012. I spend time selling practically every drug we had except
Merrem, because I left hospital about that time. My favorite drug was Diprivan by far, and then Nolvadex.

When I started there was one rep per territory for all of our products, from Sorbitrate to the Mylantas. We didn’t even have to get a signature for samples! We had route books where you would write a one sentence line about the call! I am sure you remember the 1 free with 12 Mylanta deals, LOL! The absolute fun we had was amazing! I would call my DM and ask for a field ride because we always had a great time! Imagine that! Access was virtually 100% with a sit down call in the doc’s office.

As the years rolled by, and the advent of multiple reps calling on 1 doc, the ALL DAY LIE began to emerge. Computers, metrics, sales data, cell phones, constant meetings and conference calls, etc, changed the job forever. You were just another number. But, I wouldn’t have traded my career for anything!

I am now enjoying a wonderful retirement with no worries, thank God. I don’t know what advice to give to anyone in this role today, except don’t be afraid to move from one company to another. That may be the best way to survive.

One day, I will reveal that I am the one that started the most read and commented on thread on AZ’s site on Cafepharma. I still have many friends that work at AZ, and I am sure they will get a kick out of it when I do! God bless you all!
Oh please

I retired from AZ in March 2013. I self-identified in 2012 when we all found out that a layoff was coming. Don’t know if you remember that time or not, but Mike Tilton was basically forced to spill the beans since we all heard the rumors starting around October 2012. I spend time selling practically every drug we had except Merrem, because I left hospital about that time. My favorite drug was Diprivan by far, and then Nolvadex.

When I started there was one rep per territory for all of our products, from Sorbitrate to the Mylantas. We didn’t even have
to get a signature for samples! We had route books where you would write a one sentence line about the call! I am sure you remember the 1 free with 12 Mylanta deals, LOL! The absolute fun we had was amazing! I would call my DM and ask for a field ride because we always had a great time! Imagine that! Access was virtually 100% with a sit down call in the doc’s office.

Mylanta? Boy, you must be up there in age. Anyway, yes moving around makes sense o survive but even more critical is what pension plan are you aligned to? Since they stopped contributing to the old defined plans in 17’, and moved everyone to the enhanced 401K contribution, those are the big targets ecspecailly if your income is high. High income means higher contributions.
The poor suckers on the new stock plan are safe. God, you have to wait three years before getting anything and then give up if you do it right two years when you retire. To be honest, I am surprised AZ hasn’t moved everyone to that plan.

LOL. Well, my brother of another mother, I wrote #663 and one of the longer poems you enjoyed as well here. Diversion to the troops. And I do respect honesty in any circumstance. Our abilities and depth of self perception are critical to even come close to "truth" in this life. I simply have similar experiences & opinions that came out of my career. First, like you I'm grateful. But we both have lived through a lot of change that unfortunately has ingrained, accelerated fraud and essentially, wide spread theft built into this industry. Sadly, I see it becoming part of our very culture at large. You can argue but you'd be lying yet again. I have theories as to why that is the case. And they are not based solely or simply, on the inherent nature of the opportunities to act fraudulently in "intangible, outside sales". Rather, larger things, behaviors, obvious perceived inequalities that the employee witnesses and absorbs. Everyone in corporate America is accountable. Top-down first, imho.

We all, in whatever we do, are accountable to ourselves first, each day. And I believe each day is a gift. Nothing is promised. Never. But it is here and now, precious and waiting for us to choose. Personally, if we believe in something greater like God, Country, Family and Neighbor....even better. But higher calling does not excuse immoral, unethical or illegal choice, nor some rationalization or perversion of logic "each work day".

You and I are older and no one really wants to hear old folks rant about morals, history and choice. They want, what they want, and typically, they want it now. Freddy M. was right. lol. So, "Hit or Miss?"...its your call. I am good either way, as I do not partake in revenge or vengeance per se. Only causes I believe in that require speaking out on with action for everyone's benefit in this country I live in and love.

How do I do it?? I am absolutely amazed at how I have survived for so many years at AZ while much better people have been laid-off! I have been a devoted advocate and practitioner of the ALL DAY LIE forever, and yet here I am. I have watched much better counterparts that I get axed. What is it about me that makes me bulletproof? I have tried to figure it out for years and have been unable to.

To the many that were let go that were much better than myself, good luck to you all. Believe me, I do feel somewhat guilty, but I must say I am glad I survived yet again. Good luck.

How do I do it?? I am absolutely amazed at how I have survived for so many years at AZ while much better people have been laid-off! I have been a devoted advocate and practitioner of the ALL DAY LIE forever, and yet here I am. I have watched much better counterparts that I get axed. What is it about me that makes me bulletproof? I have tried to figure it out for years and have been unable to.

To the many that were let go that were much better than myself, good luck to you all. Believe me, I do feel somewhat guilty, but I must say I am glad I survived yet again. Good luck.

Your parents must be so proud of the child they raised.

Every at AZ should embrace the ALL DAY LIE! It’s the greatest thing a rep can do! I have survived since before the Astra Merck merger and have been a master at the ADL for all these years! Just don’t overdo it and you too can become a Master ADL!

Every at AZ should embrace the ALL DAY LIE! It’s the greatest thing a rep can do! I have survived since before the Astra Merck merger and have been a master at the ADL for all these years! Just don’t overdo it and you too can become a Master ADL!
Thank you. I, as a patient, who has trouble making ends meet, am only too happy to pay for your outrageously expensive drugs and have my money transferred to you for being an absolute worthless employee.

I keep fantasizing about throwing my iPad out of the company car window. Will Veeva Engage still work?

The "all day lie" is child's play in comparison to the grand Machiavellian lies spewing from the C-suite. Real cloak and dagger shit that bankrupts entire nations, shreds family planning & is only distinguished from Columbian drug cartels inasmuch as drug reps aren't allowed to carry an AK-47 on sales calls. Enjoy your all day lie, for it is the least of all sins in our Big Pharma cabal.

The "all day lie" is child's play in comparison to the grand Machiavellian lies spewing from the C-suite. Real cloak and dagger shit that bankrupts entire nations, shreds family planning & is only distinguished from Columbian drug cartels inasmuch as drug reps aren't allowed to carry an AK-47 on sales calls. Enjoy your all day lie, for it is the least of all sins in our Big Pharma cabal.

...we both have lived through a lot of change that unfortunately has ingrained, accelerated fraud and essentially, wide spread theft built into this industry. Sadly, I see it becoming part of our very culture at large. You can argue but you'd be lying yet again. I have theories as to why that is the case. And they are not based solely or simply, on the inherent nature of the opportunities to act fraudulently in "intangible, outside sales". Rather, larger things, behaviors, obvious perceived inequalities that the employee witnesses and absorbs. Everyone in corporate America is accountable. Top-down first, imho.

We all, in whatever we do, are accountable to ourselves first, each day. And I believe each day is a gift. Nothing is promised. Never. But it is here and now, precious and waiting for us to choose. Personally, if we believe in something greater like God, Country, Family and Neighbor....even better. But higher calling does not excuse immoral, unethical or illegal choice, nor some rationalization or perversion of logic "each work day".

Even if you think the ADL is somehow "excused" from moral and ethical considerations. It's not. It's theft.

Please take down this thread. HQ reads these posts and then justify laying off hard working sales reps! Let's stop misrepresenting our profession!

You said, “stop misrepresenting our profession”. What a total load of shit! Let me break it down for you. First, it’s not a PROFESSION ! It’s a damn job and nothing more. A “profession “ is like a nurse, doctor, plumber, electrician, etc. Those skills are always in demand. When you get canned the next go around, here’s what you will do. You will hit the job boards looking for pharmaceutical rep openings!! You have no real skills that the market wants, except say a good personality. There is no other place to go that you can make this kind of money and have no skills, lie about what you do daily, and get away with it. But we are not the worst in this industry by any means! There is absolutely nothing more useless in the bus world than a pharmaceutical district manager!!!! NOTHING! They are the epitome of a non-revenue producing slouch! Then go up the line!

No, the ALL DAY LIE was immortalized on the AZ Cafepharma website! It has even spread to other company websites because everyone can identify with it. It’s honest and straight forward.
EMBRACE IT, LIVE IT AND LOVE IT!