Thank you for the generous Holiday present!!

Wrong on budgets. This is the 2nd year now that managers have no budget for gifts. If u did get a gift it came out of their pocket. Don’t be so greedy.

woopty do. The amount of salaries and IC for an ABL job in comparison to their smoke and mirrors pretend job/worth?!! It’s ridiculous how little work and impact these jobs have! I’m not feeling sorry for any AbL that reached into their own pockets! The sales reps did! Ridiculous how ABLs are always trying to justify their un important roles. Mine is comparable to the GRINCH.

It is unfortunate that Novartis is at this point. It would have been a drop in the bucket for Novartis to either send gifts to all employees or allocate a budget for gifts.

If you received a gift, it 100% came out of your manager’s or director’s own pocket. Don’t be an asshole.

Who gives AF about some loser fruit cake type gift from a loser mgr. Typically the gift does not even provide any hand me down value and get tossed in the trash. . My gift comes from my side hustle anyway.

My manager takes us to a holiday dinner and expenses it. This is def the case cause she was holding us to the allowable budget for dinner meals. Whether it was expensed as a meeting or something else, I have no idea.
I don’t care. It was very nice. But think gift giving should all just stop. Managers shouldn’t have to pay for it out of their own pocket and reps shouldn’t either.

You might want to do the math. Every pharma company gives 12 paid holidays a year. We get Christmas to New Years off. Depending on how many days that is, will determine the holidays we get for the year

We always get Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day and Thanksgiving and the day after. Then the remainder will be what complements to 12 paid holidays. Don’t get me wrong, I personally love being off from Christmas to New Years Day, and I appreciate our “Me” day. Not sure if Juneteenth is permanent and is in addition to the 12 paid holidays. But Novartis isn’t doing any different from other pharma companies.

Every company does not get 12 paid holidays FYI. I was considering a job with another company recently, a pretty big one, and they didn’t give off for Presidents’ Day, Juneteenth or MLK day or a “me” day. They get 18 days total as PTO - include sick time. Personal and vacation time. You need another day off? Too bad. There is no negotiating any additional time off. Think of how much time we are allowed to take off between vacay, personal and sick time if needed. There is also paid care time which not many companies have. Believe me I am not a manager and think the culture here at Novartis sucks but we do have a pretty great overall compensation package with time off

Every company does not get 12 paid holidays FYI. I was considering a job with another company recently, a pretty big one, and they didn’t give off for Presidents’ Day, Juneteenth or MLK day or a “me” day. They get 18 days total as PTO - include sick time. Personal and vacation time. You need another day off? Too bad. There is no negotiating any additional time off. Think of how much time we are allowed to take off between vacay, personal and sick time if needed. There is also paid care time which not many companies have. Believe me I am not a manager and think the culture here at Novartis sucks but we do have a pretty great overall compensation package with time off

oh please save this vacation and holiday complaint BS talk. This is Pharma we’re talking about. It’s the best part time job on the planet. Who gives AF if company gives 2 days vacation or 2 months vacation. Fact reps only work 20 hour weeks max so there is essentially unlimited time off. And don’t come back with your yahoo reply cuz you are as guilty as any Pharma rep working your 20 hour week. Embrace it fool!

My manager takes us to a holiday dinner and expenses it. This is def the case cause she was holding us to the allowable budget for dinner meals. Whether it was expensed as a meeting or something else, I have no idea.
I don’t care. It was very nice. But think gift giving should all just stop. Managers shouldn’t have to pay for it out of their own pocket and reps shouldn’t either.

A reasonably aware and respectful organization would not expect their A.B.L.'s to handle this. It is not their job, and they should not have to sacrifice their income on it. Whether you like your A.B.L. or not, this is completely unfair.
A healthy organization, one that values their employees, would have a profit-sharing policy where everyone would receive an end-of-year bonus based on organizational profits.
It is well-documented that Vas and the other principal shareholders had a great year; not surprisingly, they saw fit to keep all of it and ignore the "rank and file" who drive revenue.
Bitching over Christmas presents misses the point entirely - senior management and the shareholders are greedy pigfuckers who don't even bonus the reps responsibly, let alone consider sharing their massive profits with the people who help create them.

A reasonably aware and respectful organization would not expect their A.B.L.'s to handle this. It is not their job, and they should not have to sacrifice their income on it. Whether you like your A.B.L. or not, this is completely unfair.
A healthy organization, one that values their employees, would have a profit-sharing policy where everyone would receive an end-of-year bonus based on organizational profits.
It is well-documented that Vas and the other principal shareholders had a great year; not surprisingly, they saw fit to keep all of it and ignore the "rank and file" who drive revenue.
Bitching over Christmas presents misses the point entirely - senior management and the shareholders are greedy pigfuckers who don't even bonus the reps responsibly, let alone consider sharing their massive profits with the people who help create them.
moron

pay me know or pay me later. It’s Pharma so you control lots especially with pay and time off.

The culture here is amazing. Said no one ever.
Office based employee. After 20+ years in pharma this is my second holiday season here. I don’t need a gift but I am still amazed that managers, teams, colleagues, senior leaders just disappear without a word of acknowledgment, a wish message or a token of appreciation. I’ve never experienced anything like this. Great culture. Happy Holidays!

Office based employee. After 20+ years in pharma this is my second holiday season here. I don’t need a gift but I am still amazed that managers, teams, colleagues, senior leaders just disappear without a word of acknowledgment, a wish message or a token of appreciation. I’ve never experienced anything like this. Great culture. Happy Holidays!
We only acknowledge Heri za Kwanzaa!