Thank you for the generous Holiday present!!

<

Don't be an asshole.
Do you want to give your paid week off back?
Everybody knows this organization has massive problems, but you wanting more than a paid vacation for a holiday gift isn't one of them.

You might want to do the math. Every pharma company gives 12 paid holidays a year. We get Christmas to New Years off. Depending on how many days that is, will determine the holidays we get for the year

We always get Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day and Thanksgiving and the day after. Then the remainder will be what complements to 12 paid holidays. Don’t get me wrong, I personally love being off from Christmas to New Years Day, and I appreciate our “Me” day. Not sure if Juneteenth is permanent and is in addition to the 12 paid holidays. But Novartis isn’t doing any different from other pharma companies.

Don't be an asshole.
Do you want to give your paid week off back?
Everybody knows this organization has massive problems, but you wanting more than a paid vacation for a holiday gift isn't one of them.

many pharma companies have time off between Christmas and NY. If you can pay 9 billion to buy a drug you can show some appreciation to your employees with a fruit basket or something of the sort!!!

My manager sent a very nice gift. I very much appreciate his thoughtfulness and the shutdown week. That said, a real gift would be starting up the new year with a renewal of the concept of valuing and respecting field sales.

My manager got us all amped up with our final conference call of the year. Had us share success stories and Reminded us of all our year end admin tasks before we go out on break. Dude is a hype machine. Got me so jacked up that I may work straight through the holidays. Living the dream baby.

Even Clark Griswold got a “jelly of the month” voucher.

Kinda sad Novartis
d9b76447-240e-4815-8816-cc1a8e53489c_text.gif

The gift giving is stupid. The managers have a budget to give us some kind of gift. It does not come out of their pocket. Then us reps all chip in our personal $ to give our manager a gift. Some poor rep in the district has to organize it, collect the $ etc. Corporate gifting should be top down, not gifting up. I’d rather the whole thing just stopped.

The gift giving is stupid. The managers have a budget to give us some kind of gift. It does not come out of their pocket. Then us reps all chip in our personal $ to give our manager a gift. Some poor rep in the district has to organize it, collect the $ etc. Corporate gifting should be top down, not gifting up. I’d rather the whole thing just stopped.

100% CORRECT!!!

It is unfortunate that Novartis is at this point. It would have been a drop in the bucket for Novartis to either send gifts to all employees or allocate a budget for gifts.

If you received a gift, it 100% came out of your manager’s or director’s own pocket. Don’t be an asshole.