• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

Stock price

anonymous

Wtf does Argentinian currency devaluation have to do with our stock price? It's rhetorical and I don't need a technical answer. It's global and not confined to just our little company.

The stock price was 94 when I joined NVS 4-6 years back.

"I wouldn't read too much into this"!? Victor, am sorry, you DO need to read too much into this and translate your vision to external market perception. Otherwise much of what we do, without a 40% growth in revenue, won't mean jack to the street.

<

Wtf does Argentinian currency devaluation have to do with our stock price? It's rhetorical and I don't need a technical answer. It's global and not confined to just our little company.

The stock price was 94 when I joined NVS 4-6 years back.

"I wouldn't read too much into this"!? Victor, am sorry, you DO need to read too much into this and translate your vision to external market perception. Otherwise much of what we do, without a 40% growth in revenue, won't mean jack to the street.

A different take on this.
Victor sat with his head down, completely oblivious to the first two questions that were asked of the panel (btw, nice of you to save time for three whole questions).
As the third question was asked, he lifted his head and cut the guy off so he could talk about how it's no big deal (and have his stooge at the end of the stage regale us with the intricacies of Argentinian currency).
Victor is an asshole. Plain and simple.
As long as he controls the dialog and doesn't have to answer for anything, he's fine. The second someone asks a reasonably tough question he shows his teeth, and brings in his economics lackey to pontificate about foreign currency.
A more self-aware panel would apologize for that embarrassing production.