• Mon news: Novartis Kisqali breast cancer trial. ESMO news: Bayer, Bristol Myers, Regeneron and more. Biosecure Act fallout. Boston Scientific/Silk Road merger. See more on our front page

Starting a thread to see how many white males felt discriminated against because of Mercks agenda

It’s worse in small biotechs. Some of them literally can’t speak legibly but anyone who points it out would be flagged as a racist. I feel bad for the legitimately talented minorities who now have to get mixed in with the ones who got in with a DEI card.
fair point, DEI over reach by companies like Merck damage the credibility of those who have earned their way

The people moaning are just the low end white men. Look at the top!!

You have no idea about the boys club that exists with the white guys. Romanelli and his team are intertwined throughout this company

The people moaning are just the low end white men. Look at the top!!

You have no idea about the boys club that exists with the white guys. Romanelli and his team are intertwined throughout this company

totally - I’m a woman that works with these misogynists and I can tell you first hand that the white man runs Merck

all you moaning low level white guys are just seeing the facade they need you to see

don’t be fooled by the odd black guy here and the odd diversity lead female there - whites are running this game

totally - I’m a woman that works with these misogynists and I can tell you first hand that the white man runs Merck

all you moaning low level white guys are just seeing the facade they need you to see

don’t be fooled by the odd black guy here and the odd diversity lead female there - whites are running this game

Yeah... The bitching by delicate white men here is hilarious. White men make up the majority of leadership positions and they only look at the hanging fruit. they just want to return to the, I dunno, 1930s in a particular part of Europe.

Interesting… I can see this happening everywhere though. Merck has an emphasis on young credentialed millennials- they have these layoffs to get rid of people making $ that are over a certain age

I think I see age discrimination and not promoting from within anymore to pay less for labor

Interesting… I can see this happening everywhere though. Merck has an emphasis on young credentialed millennials- they have these layoffs to get rid of people making $ that are over a certain age

I think I see age discrimination and not promoting from within anymore to pay less for labor

Lol, most of the layoffs are younger, less experienced employees even if they have glowing resumes coming in. For most younger workers, Merck is a stepping stone to get into higher paying oncology positions or specialty. It takes an idiot to not see that.

Actually, I don’t see that. Ive been through 7-8 restructurings. The people laid are older and higher paid. There is a computer algorithm that kicks out how many people in each age groups supposedly but they keep minorities and you ger less paid workers. This stepping stone theory of yours is nieve and meaningless. The retirement payout is more dor keeping the older people that mysteriously get laid off 15-25 years into Merck. Many left starting over in their 50’s for other companies. I keep in touch with many of them that didn’t see the light of Merck’s corruption until it happened to them… wake up woke Merck people!

Listen honey,
Just shut your mouth, smile and stay in your lane. That’s how you get to stay. Work out and maybe you can make it to 43 ish. After that you’re on your own.

I am replying to the various comments complaining about DEI and hiring practices. These issues are not new and have existed for 30 plus years. They have just been given names or acronyms. DEI, diversity hires, good old boy network, good old girl network, affirmative action hires, etc.. are now very easily identified and Merck as many other companies openly participate in the practice. Unfortunately you will have to get used to it or move on to a gig that you can control yourself. Life isn't fair and the most qualified person past or present was rarely the person that received the job offer. The best connected person or the person with the preferred sex, race, or other attributes that fits into the current hiring climate will get the offer and the powers that be can justify their decisions with whatever BS they choose. I hate it but that is the way it has always been only now it is openly accepted openly practiced with impunity.

Listen honey, if a female or minority could do a good job they would be called white males. Just work out, don’t get old and keep you mouth shut. I hate when people get corporate welfare and complain that their voices are not listened to.

I am replying to the various comments complaining about DEI and hiring practices. These issues are not new and have existed for 30 plus years. They have just been given names or acronyms. DEI, diversity hires, good old boy network, good old girl network, affirmative action hires, etc.. are now very easily identified and Merck as many other companies openly participate in the practice. Unfortunately you will have to get used to it or move on to a gig that you can control yourself. Life isn't fair and the most qualified person past or present was rarely the person that received the job offer. The best connected person or the person with the preferred sex, race, or other attributes that fits into the current hiring climate will get the offer and the powers that be can justify their decisions with whatever BS they choose. I hate it but that is the way it has always been only now it is openly accepted openly practiced with impunity.

<This...is the actual truth of the matter. The patronage system has always worked and been worked within Merck.>

This is all a smoke screen, just do your research and you’ll find that most the markets are run by white privileged men in the “network”. The pains you are referring to are only here in the US where we have always been fat

as a previous poster suggested, the only white men complaining here are the ones on Merck Welfare and are no ignored as their experiences mean nothing. 25-30 years doing the same old sales role and you think you are entitled to something haha

do some real work friends - like Celeste Warren haha

This is all a smoke screen, just do your research and you’ll find that most the markets are run by white privileged men in the “network”. The pains you are referring to are only here in the US where we have always been fat

as a previous poster suggested, the only white men complaining here are the ones on Merck Welfare and are no ignored as their experiences mean nothing. 25-30 years doing the same old sales role and you think you are entitled to something haha

do some real work friends - like Celeste Warren haha