• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

So what type of job will you do after the big layoff??

anonymous

So the big layoff looms ahead and I wonder how many Takeda reps are prepared? Are you going to keep your head in the sand? Just for shits and giggles, go on indeed, monster, or career builder and see what type of sales jobs are listed in your geography. It's not pretty!! Now is the time to find your new career!!!

ACT NOW OR BE SORRY!!!!!!!!!!

The day of reckoning is almost here!!!

<

So the big layoff looms ahead and I wonder how many Takeda reps are prepared? Are you going to keep your head in the sand? Just for shits and giggles, go on indeed, monster, or career builder and see what type of sales jobs are listed in your geography. It's not pretty!! Now is the time to find your new career!!!

Uh, we aren't having layoffs Einstein. We've been adding territories in case you haven't been paying attention.

welcome back chicken little. where have you been

You will never have a better paying, easier job than the one you have now

One day you will have to work for a living

Plan ahead now!!
Here's the Big caveat: Your manager. You got a micromanager on you? Your job is not easy. And that's all it takes. If you're enjoying your job and have a decent manager, then good for you. But understand that in Pharma you are only one reorg away from your current boss being replaced by someone not so kind and understanding. Then the nightmare begins.

Here's the Big caveat: Your manager. You got a micromanager on you? Your job is not easy. And that's all it takes. If you're enjoying your job and have a decent manager, then good for you. But understand that in Pharma you are only one reorg away from your current boss being replaced by someone not so kind and understanding. Then the nightmare begins.
The nightmare is being in your mid 40s and finding out that your 15 years selling at Takeda has left you qualified to beg, plead, and pray for a InVentiv contract big after the big layoff hits. Prepare now.....your two years away from being totally fucked!!!

You describe my situation. Mid 40's with 13 years and I am hoping for a layoff at this sh1thole. Good rankings 4 out of 5 past years with one cresset on my resume.
About 30 weeks of severance. I am confident I can find a better job in 7 months.

You describe my situation. Mid 40's with 13 years and I am hoping for a layoff at this sh1thole. Good rankings 4 out of 5 past years with one cresset on my resume.
About 30 weeks of severance. I am confident I can find a better job in 7 months.
Sure, if you can find an interview to get to. Take a look n any job board and see what harm a jobs are available. Want to work for Publicis or InVntiv? That's pretty much all that's out there. Enjoy the uncertainty of contract sales!! I'm sure you'll adjust to a car allowance instead of the car.

You will never have a better paying, easier job than the one you have now

One day you will have to work for a living

Plan ahead now!!

If you work fo MM in lauderdale then you might want to take a lesser paying job just to get out before having to wait for a layoff. At least thats what I would do if I didn't have a fat severance package waiting for me at the end of the tunnel. She's a piece of work.

If you work fo MM in lauderdale then you might want to take a lesser paying job just to get out before having to wait for a layoff. At least thats what I would do if I didn't have a fat severance package waiting for me at the end of the tunnel. She's a piece of work.
Be careful of counting on that "fat severance".....just how fat is it? Sure, a year's salary sounds pretty fat, in theory anyway. But are you going to do Cobra while you look for your next gig? You could very well be out of work for the next six months. Watch how fast that fat severance suddenly becomes anorexic!! Try to take advantage of educational reimbursement now and let Takeda help fund your next career path!

What's funny is those believing contract is the bottom. We are all contract reps, no matter if you're here or with InVentiv, PSS, or another contract company. We are as only good as our product, because most reps are clapping monkeys. The market is shifting to more contract and less company base and has been for years. Look around, if you've been doing this for 10+ years then you've seen many people come and go. And those who went are fighting for 1 contract job for months.

What's funny is those believing contract is the bottom. We are all contract reps, no matter if you're here or with InVentiv, PSS, or another contract company. We are as only good as our product, because most reps are clapping monkeys. The market is shifting to more contract and less company base and has been for years. Look around, if you've been doing this for 10+ years then you've seen many people come and go. And those who went are fighting for 1 contract job for months.
Well, at least someone gets it. Sadly most reps are strangely in denial.

Hey fucknuts!!!!!!

Believe me now?????????????

Drop mic........BOOM!!!

seems like there's a bunch of new little companies pushing genetic testing to guide health outcomes, mimimize side effects, etc. Salaries aren't bad, but territories are generally bigger and more likely car allowance instead of car. There's also less marketing budgets and the fact that you actually have to SELL something. At least it's some sort of option that's better than contract pharma.