severed people need to share the dirt

<

if you've been severed, why not tell us something interesting?

there are a whole lot of f'd up people in the company, let's share the dirt.

Share the dirt? Listen my friend, step out of your box and ask people in other industries what kind of severance they got. Probably about 2 weeks and no benefits. This is still a rich deal, unheard of anywhere else but in Pharma. Take one last thought to the bank, as the margins get tighter, these perks are the first to go. Reduced severance (12 weeks max) are on the horizon, even for fatboys like Pfizer.

Share the dirt? Listen my friend, step out of your box and ask people in other industries what kind of severance they got. Probably about 2 weeks and no benefits. This is still a rich deal, unheard of anywhere else but in Pharma. Take one last thought to the bank, as the margins get tighter, these perks are the first to go. Reduced severance (12 weeks max) are on the horizon, even for fatboys like Pfizer.

Yes, and they threaten you with that perk in exchange for your silence. It is best to take it and move on. As a matter of fact, if you are gone and still coming back here to "share dirt" you haven't moved on. The best revenge is success...go out and create some.

The dirt is out in the open. If you are deselected, and you want the severence, you sign and mail the severance agreement to the Blue Oval.

The Good: severence pay 10 wks or so, bonus check/s until severence date, check for unused vacation days, check for unused ace points, on the payroll for about two weeks, healthcare benefits until severance date, possesion of car until repo men come calling, file for unemployment immediately. So, as mentioned, pretty generous and will give you a window to really get after it and find a new job. The job market, in my observation is better now than in 2009 and the Novartis purge will be several months removed the next time the oval cuts.

The Bad: You are off the reservation - people you think are your friends will not return calls and forget you even if you did not deserve it, financial pressure if you have a family and a fat mortgage or debt or both, understanding the deseletion criteria and the always popular it's not personal it's business comments from your DM and RM, where you live in relation to the center of your geography is more important now than performance.

The Ugly: COBRA - run you between 600 - 900 bucks/mo if you have a family when the blue oval benefits run out, taking public transportation to job interviews is a pain, memorizing the STAR format for every question during interviews, explaining you were the "real" rockstar in the POD ya right, having to prove every award in your career with documentation from a sales report and know from 10 years ago it was based on NRX or TRX or Market Share growth v baseline of Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 semester or year over year (print off all ranking reports now!) stress on personal relationships because of a job loss on yourself or your family - I took it well, but my spouse did not and I have friends who took the news badly and ended up with abuse problems and divorces.

I was let go in 2009 and will not join the overtime lawsuit because your name will be made public and any company you seek employment with in the future will see you as being part of it. The oval may lose this one and if they do, will they come after the participants? All for what? I saw over 1000 people are lined up. So, maybe $500? At the end of the day, when your position is eliminated you do learn a lot about yourself good and bad. You find you can be resourceful and resiliant under pressure. Say what you want, but I think the training and culture prepares us for life after the blue oval.

ah eh ah eh ahhhhh wa wa wa
signed
C. Eastwood

No, no, no.

Share the dirt on the sycophantic idiots who are still with Pfizer:

- people who steal
- people who cheat on the spouses (particularly the chronic people)
- people who were or are immoral in their "professional" dealings

We all know Pfizer is absolutely full of these people, and more often than not, they're the folks who were or have been retained.

The best thing to do is go back and un-detail your key docs. Tell them what you couldn't tell them when you were a rep, and why they shouldn't write that product.

I did that, went around and just talked up the black box warning. Reminded the docs to be very cautious when prescribing. Of course sales plunged. The remaining reps couldn't do anything about it, since all the bad stuff I said, was in the PI.

The dirt is out in the open. If you are deselected, and you want the severence, you sign and mail the severance agreement to the Blue Oval.

The Good: severence pay 10 wks or so, bonus check/s until severence date, check for unused vacation days, check for unused ace points, on the payroll for about two weeks, healthcare benefits until severance date, possesion of car until repo men come calling, file for unemployment immediately. So, as mentioned, pretty generous and will give you a window to really get after it and find a new job. The job market, in my observation is better now than in 2009 and the Novartis purge will be several months removed the next time the oval cuts.

The Bad: You are off the reservation - people you think are your friends will not return calls and forget you even if you did not deserve it, financial pressure if you have a family and a fat mortgage or debt or both, understanding the deseletion criteria and the always popular it's not personal it's business comments from your DM and RM, where you live in relation to the center of your geography is more important now than performance.

The Ugly: COBRA - run you between 600 - 900 bucks/mo if you have a family when the blue oval benefits run out, taking public transportation to job interviews is a pain, memorizing the STAR format for every question during interviews, explaining you were the "real" rockstar in the POD ya right, having to prove every award in your career with documentation from a sales report and know from 10 years ago it was based on NRX or TRX or Market Share growth v baseline of Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 semester or year over year (print off all ranking reports now!) stress on personal relationships because of a job loss on yourself or your family - I took it well, but my spouse did not and I have friends who took the news badly and ended up with abuse problems and divorces.

I was let go in 2009 and will not join the overtime lawsuit because your name will be made public and any company you seek employment with in the future will see you as being part of it. The oval may lose this one and if they do, will they come after the participants? All for what? I saw over 1000 people are lined up. So, maybe $500? At the end of the day, when your position is eliminated you do learn a lot about yourself good and bad. You find you can be resourceful and resiliant under pressure. Say what you want, but I think the training and culture prepares us for life after the blue oval.

ah eh ah eh ahhhhh wa wa wa
signed
C. Eastwood

Thanks for the post. Sounds dead on. King reps are all waiting to see where we will land. Not fun.