Retina

They chop off the heads of the field folks, but the leadership team, in the field and in SF, tells people to stay focused? Here is a perfect example of why you do not owe them a thing. I am appalled at who they let go under the guise of re-structuring.
As the leaders who presided over the demise skate off to another plum gig.

They chop off the heads of the field folks, but the leadership team, in the field and in SF, tells people to stay focused? Here is a perfect example of why you do not owe them a thing. I am appalled at who they let go under the guise of re-structuring.
As the leaders who presided over the demise skate off to another plum gig.

This "restructure" was an absolute joke! You cannot tell me that the people they displaced or letting that few people go is going to make a difference? I for one am disgusted! When the openings come available for Ocre I'm hopefully out of here!
This was done in the most unprofessional manner, they knew who was getting cut along time ago. I have to wonder if they knew when CS was still here?

Did the folk who were laid off get at least typical 2 months on the payroll to look for another position in ROaCHE GNE (remote chance...) plus 6 month severance with COBRA paid for?

It was a completely flawed and disgusting process, creating stress for most if not all in the field. Looking at current leadership in sales and marketing, both came from big pharma and unfortunately, that's how many other companies operate.

how about we not clap for them during our sessions next week?

Why can't they go to NSM? That's what I think is strange, let them go and network and then enjoy the chosen activity and the concert. It's not like they didn't earn it, I think that's a little shady.
I do hope they get a severence outside the 60 days as well. 60days is mandated by law it's not a severence.
I'm all for the no applause but I think we need to ask questions as a force...

Aren't they required by law to give 60 days? (WARN). So that means the people let go aren't getting any severence?

I think company files WARN for larger RIF and if the RIF was smaller in certain dept/org many not need to file it. But knowing that GNE HR is 1 of the most inept idiots -wouldn't surprise me.

Do a search for "severance" on Gwiz and you will see the policy when ROaCHE bought out GNE with rather complicated (but very generous) formula but it's like 5+ yrs old.

As a reference - IMP Quality had many folks re-apply for their jobs in Oct 2015 with of course fewer positions and those who did not make the cuts were given 2 month to look for another position within GNE (or slack off), 6 month salary severance payment with COBRA paid for and "forced" to take their sabbatical starting 11/2 as it to say get the fxck out of here NOW and take that 2 month with you.

BTW - mood in the campus is getting gloomy especially if your dept is outside mfg and considered as overhead. RIF in SSF in 2016 for sure but no rank and file knows WHEN... :(

It's done and over, was not handled well from the start, and the end result is not close to a cost savings initiative if that's ultimately what they want to do (under the guise of optimization). Let's just move forward, control what we can control and hope for a good 2016. It will be good to see all next week but I'm not cozying up to leadership anytime soon.

It's done and over, was not handled well from the start, and the end result is not close to a cost savings initiative if that's ultimately what they want to do (under the guise of optimization). Let's just move forward, control what we can control and hope for a good 2016. It will be good to see all next week but I'm not cozying up to leadership anytime soon.

Maybe for you, the wound is still fresh for those cut. The emails about mid year in SF, the materials that came today (I threw right in the trash), and the emails about the call tomorrow are a nice little bit of salt in the wound. To say this was not handled well is a HUGE UNDERSTATEMENT.

Shame on you for complaining about a conference call and TH voice when there are people who are facing unemployment. I am so disgusted by what I have been hearing from CSs across the brand who are complaining about their territory changes. WOW you have to drive an extra hour (which you are being paid to do)! Be THANKFUL that you have a job when several of our colleagues and friends have been displaced.