• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Recent firings / Recent resignations at SUN.

What the hell is this OIG story?

Every company does illegal stuff and fines are a cost of business. You make $100 in illegal activities you pay $10 in fine. Life goes one.

Why are people concerned about OIG? Just pay the fine. Fire a few, make everyone do compliance training, rinse and repeat.

What I hate is when we whine about illegal activities. Automakers do it, pharma does it, big oil, hospital systems, financial institutions, etc.

Everyone knows the game and happy to play the same.

The best part for me at Sun is to get paid to do nothing!!! Why would I cry about it?

Is that why Sun terminated people recently?

Is that why Sun terminated people recently?
People are resigning as Best Buy, UPS, FedX and Amazon are beginning to hire warehouse workers for the holiday season. They’re also offering sign-on bonuses that exceed what a lotta reps would make.
So there you go, they’re basically going back to their old jobs before the joined Sun.

The people are leaving but they only because they get jobs where they can work from home
They still love Sun and Sunology they just got new jobs so they can work from home. Do not let anyone tell you they left Sun because they were unhappy. That simply is not true.

You sound like a total a**hole and it’s exactly why you got the job and have kept it this long.

Guess what a**hole ? In today’s world middle managers go to jail. It’s not just a fine that’s paid by Finance as a budget line item.
But - you know your family won’t miss you if you’re in the joint for 3-5 years, and you’ll probably enjoy being the bitch for a few guys on the block.

I do not do anything illegal and will never do. I serve nobody but I just ignore the wrong doings.
Do you know why? Because our law enforcement says that you should pay a small fine and get busy with your activities. The company know this. The people working in tandem know this and all the people doing the wrong stuff know that when the break or abuse the law, they can count on the enforcement agencies to take care of them.

Just going back through the threads and I can see that most of the original Sales & Marketing folks have left. Referenced LinkedIn and Sun. Then searched Cafe for their names. Gone. My question is WHY? The opthal company is not that old. I'm trying to do my due diligence and decide if I should walk away from my interviews. This could be one of those career decisions that I regret down the road. I expected some neg opinions (spam/ pissed off former employ) on this site but not the amount of negative opinions and ones that seem to line up with actual people and their moves. Just curious, why would anyone want to leave a reputable pharma co and come here? Would I be making a mistake? Damn... not sure what to do now.

Just going back through the threads and I can see that most of the original Sales & Marketing folks have left. Referenced LinkedIn and Sun. Then searched Cafe for their names. Gone. My question is WHY? The opthal company is not that old. I'm trying to do my due diligence and decide if I should walk away from my interviews. This could be one of those career decisions that I regret down the road. I expected some neg opinions (spam/ pissed off former employ) on this site but not the amount of negative opinions and ones that seem to line up with actual people and their moves. Just curious, why would anyone want to leave a reputable pharma co and come here? Would I be making a mistake? Damn... not sure what to do now.

Sounds like BS. But if you are of even low IQ, but are at a real company, SUN would be a bad move. Continue to work at home and cash your checks with minimal effort. Working for India is as bad as it sounds. No future!

The people are leaving but they only because they get jobs where they can work from home
They still love Sun and Sunology they just got new jobs so they can work from home. Do not let anyone tell you they left Sun because they were unhappy. That simply is not true.

This is complete and utter BULLSHIT. Virtually NO ONE is happy at my site, the turnover is head spinning.

You actually sound reasonably intelligent, and your research approach is pretty decent. I’m sure no other potential candidate has attempted the cross-matching that you have. Kudos.
That alone indicates your IQ is in the 99.9% percentile of Sun people.
Only because you seem legit, I’ll make the effort to provide some insights.
- Sun is NOT what anyone in a real pharma company would consider to be a legit company
- culture is borderline, if not abusive
- in India, Sun is god-like, there’s an incredible glut of labor, therefore Sun considers it a privilege to work FOR them
- ethics and integrity as you probably know it does not exist
This mindset carries over to the US
- the strategy is all about savings/cost-extraction. Think: this is a generic pill manufacturer. That’s the DNA. Investing in people and patients is truly a foreign concept that they’ll never understand
- turnover: incalculable. Territories on their third rep in 2 years. Home office turnover in key positions is close to 80%.
Personally, I believe the 5 people who’ve been there 3+ years can’t find a job elsewhere
- you will literally see reps AND managers who were personal trainers, real estate agents and landscapers in their job prior to Sun. Sun has had to scrape the bottom barrel to recruit.
- you are continually screwed out of bonus. Yeah, we’ve all had issues with IC programs, but this is inherent in every quarter.
- yes, all the legit sales and marketing people left
- NO ONE ( ok, maybe 3 people in the last 3 years) came to Sun from a well regarded pharma company. If they did, they were unemployed in between
- ONE person left Sun in the past 3 years to go to a legit company (BMS). All the others went back into their prior caves or even downgraded from Sun if that possible
- then there’s the compliance stuff, the OIG investigation, and the fact the CEO in the US paid a fine to India’s equivalent of the Securities and Exchange Commission so that he and his wife would avoid insider trading prosecution. Really ?

Hopefully you can tell I’m not pissed off, this isn’t spam. I took the time to lay out facts only because you seem like a reasonable person and joining Sun would be something you’d regret.

People keep leaving this dump and for good reason. The only time this company gets talent to come here is when a bigger better company lays off. Get out while you can. No one will be impressed if you stay here too long, you’ll have to explain why you couldn’t leave sooner.

People keep leaving this dump and for good reason. The only time this company gets talent to come here is when a bigger better company lays off. Get out while you can. No one will be impressed if you stay here too long, you’ll have to explain why you couldn’t leave sooner.
I have to dispute the only time Sun gets talent is when a bigger better company lays off.
Yeah maybe a couple went to Sun bc of being laid off elsewhere, but most of those people were unemployed for a long time.

But you're spot-on with the longer you're there the more you have to explain. After a year, you become part of the problem at Sun, not the solution.

I have to dispute the only time Sun gets talent is when a bigger better company lays off.
Yeah maybe a couple went to Sun bc of being laid off elsewhere, but most of those people were unemployed for a long time.

But you're spot-on with the longer you're there the more you have to explain. After a year, you become part of the problem at Sun, not the solution.

As a Sun W RSM, I had to say screw it. Out Of Here!!!

No. People don’t leave bc they want to work at home.
And no. People at Sun aren’t unhappy.
They’re effing miserable and are dying to get out.