• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Recent firings / Recent resignations at SUN.

A handful of TMs in biologics have been told that they should be looking for a new job outside of the organisation. RSMs are next. The Ilumya sales force is now consisting of 90% looking for a job and 10% sitting on their ass collecting pay checks and bullshiting management about how great they are. FYI word is out and Sun will never get talent in the sales ranks again. This is the Holiday Inn you stop at on your way to someplace but not where you stay. The launch is over and Ilumya is dead.

Can someone answer this truthfully, and please no sarcasm - why have so many people left Sun Ophthalmic in the last 2 years?
The entire HO Sales team have left. Researched on this forum and referenced thru LinkedIn

I may have an opportunity with them and I'm questioning whether its the right decision. I now have doubts.
Thanks in advance

Can someone answer this truthfully, and please no sarcasm - why have so many people left Sun Ophthalmic in the last 2 years?
The entire HO Sales team have left. Researched on this forum and referenced thru LinkedIn

I may have an opportunity with them and I'm questioning whether its the right decision. I now have doubts.
Thanks in advance
Simply put, and I mean this very objectively, Sun is an at best third-tier kind of company.
I'm very well versed in Pharma, business, Sun and global organizations. Sun's issues are rooted in it's culture. From a cost-extraction strategy (how to take cost out of each step in every activity in the company) and let me clarify, I mean take cost out down the bone marrow, you can't thrive as a company nor have a positive growth culture and mindset when you're constantly beating people. Because of the glut of available labor in India, Sun trades people like, well, you know I mean.
Its CEO in the US, and btw, that's a way over-titled position - it's a GM of an affiliate title at most, is, in my opinion, not a person of character or integrity. Sun has buried illegal activities, has been fined by the OIG and the 'CEO' paid a settlement to the equivalent of the Indian Securities Exchange Commission to avoid prosecution of insider trading charges.
Ilumya, once heralded as a multi-billion dollar drug for Sun, has barely reached 1% market share after 3 years. Turnover is just off the charts. People are miserable and there is great difficulty in trying to recruit, let alone retain people.

Hey, you should get the point just from this 40,000 foot view, but if you don't, well then you'll fit in at Sun just fine.

The 2000’s meant, be happy you have a job, we control you.

Covid has changed the landscape and defines flexibility for employees.

Problem is this organization does not provide that, whether it’s a control issue or non-western world cultural differences.

Until they wake up and realize that employees do not have to be in an office, many more will leave.

Problem is this organization does not provide that, whether it’s a control issue or non-western world cultural differences.

Until they wake up and realize that employees do not have to be in an office, many more will leave.
Suns issues are wayyyy deeper than flexibility.

Thanks in advance

Ask Menzo and Bleeks about this outfit. They both couldn't get out fast enough.

Thanks in advance
Good for you, doing a little research.
That should be enough to raise the ‘do not enter’ sign for you.

Ask the last 100 people who couldn’t get out fast enough too ! #shitshow

So true. The Opth industry is a pretty tight knit group. Thought leaders and KOL's see what's going on. Imagine trying to establish a relationship with HO Marketing/Sales only to find out the contact is gone... again. And again.

So true. The Opth industry is a pretty tight knit group. Thought leaders and KOL's see what's going on. Imagine trying to establish a relationship with HO Marketing/Sales only to find out the contact is gone... again. And again.
Yeah but it’s not just Opth, it’s all of Sun. there are just a handful there from 3 years ago in derm/biologics
Probably 80% turnover

It's an ignorant lack of trust. What they refuse to realize is that distrust brings down morale and leads to lack of motivation and productivity. Professionals who are familiar with running a US company should be consulted.

What the hell is this OIG story?

Every company does illegal stuff and fines are a cost of business. You make $100 in illegal activities you pay $10 in fine. Life goes one.

Why are people concerned about OIG? Just pay the fine. Fire a few, make everyone do compliance training, rinse and repeat.

What I hate is when we whine about illegal activities. Automakers do it, pharma does it, big oil, hospital systems, financial institutions, etc.

Everyone knows the game and happy to play the same.

The best part for me at Sun is to get paid to do nothing!!! Why would I cry about it?

What the hell is this OIG story?

Every company does illegal stuff and fines are a cost of business. You make $100 in illegal activities you pay $10 in fine. Life goes one.

Why are people concerned about OIG? Just pay the fine. Fire a few, make everyone do compliance training, rinse and repeat.

What I hate is when we whine about illegal activities. Automakers do it, pharma does it, big oil, hospital systems, financial institutions, etc.

Everyone knows the game and happy to play the same.

The best part for me at Sun is to get paid to do nothing!!! Why would I cry about it?
You sound like a total a**hole and it’s exactly why you got the job and have kept it this long.

Guess what a**hole ? In today’s world middle managers go to jail. It’s not just a fine that’s paid by Finance as a budget line item.
But - you know your family won’t miss you if you’re in the joint for 3-5 years, and you’ll probably enjoy being the bitch for a few guys on the block.